“Fabulous Resort!”

Ranked #3 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Round Rock, Texas
“Fabulous Resort!”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This resort was beautiful, quiet and fun! There were daily activities for the kids that had my 11 and 10 year old's making plans. The pool and slide where wonderful. We LOVED the cabana's and the fact that it was never crowded. The staff was absolutely excellent all around from bartenders to bus drivers to the lifeguards. We played ping pong at the poolside table nearly every evening. There are two hotels on the property, the JW Marriott which has a fabulous lazy river and the Ritz Carlton. The pools are all accessible, but I think the Lakeshore reserve pool is the very best of all. We were in toom 3214 and loved our view. The location was great. We only went to Universal, but it seemed very centally located to all the parks. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank eegeren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Encinitas
Reviewed June 5, 2011

First time at Lakeshore Reserve after trading a Marriott week & we would go back in a heartbeat. We were given a 2 bedroom townhouse which was spacious but felt secluded.
All of the staff we met were very friendly & both check-in and check-out took all of 5 minutes. We loved the lazy river pool & actually preferred it over the one at the JW. Also enjoyed walking along the lake to JW & Ritz - had a wonderful dinner at Primo.
Only downside were several calls to encourage us to attend a presentation - 3 in total, when 1 should have been sufficient.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank LindaEncinitas
L.I, Ny
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Beautiful room, pool, grounds, and marketplace. Staff was friendly and heated the pool to a perfect temperature. The cabanas were great being steps from the zero ent. pool :) nice to put on the fan and have lunch out of direct sun

Room Tip: 5th floor room 3144 one bedroom unit
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank NyBrandi
michigan
Reviewed May 7, 2011

First of all let me start by saying that this resort is absolutely beautiful and relaxing. Unfortunately for me my memories of this vacation were stolen. While taking a VERY brief ten minute snooze in one of the open cabanas (with my kids playing cards in the one next to me with the panels closed) someone stole my beach bag. My bag was placed on a lounge chair in front of me - I had just taken my sunglasses and a magazine out of it.

All of this happened on a Sunday around 5:00. My husband and I were on vacation with our 2 children, our best friends and their children. We had just spent some time staying at Disney and then a week at the Grande Vista. Because of airfare prices from Michigan and the fact that my friend and I had the ability to stay a few more days, our husbands left Sunday afternoon to go back to work Monday while we were to follow on Wednesday afternoon. We just had family pictures taken before my husbands departure around the lovely pool area (I bet they would have turned out nice).

Whoever stole my beach bag acquired a designer beach bag given to me by my kids for mothers day - the kind for nice pools and not the lake, a camera loaded with 10 days of pictures, my ipod and my 9 year olds ipod, about 125$ cash, new filled cosmetic bag, books etc... oh yeah and a debit/credit card that I was able to cancel. About $1,000 worth of stuff.

In regards to management -

I was assured very quickly that the staff had nothing to do with this and it was not an "inside job". I was also told that the whole property had security cameras with the exception of the pool area. There is also a gate with a code for pool entry. I find all that very peculiar. I was also told this was the first theft at the resort (which only opened last summer). Take a look at the reviews for the JW and Ritz and you will find plenty of theft. The manager better figure out that it's coming his way.

The manager was very sympathetic and picked up my current room charges of $111.00 which he stressed was a gesture of goodwill and not because they had anything to do with it. (He softened his tone the next day when he let me know another women had valuables stolen the same day and filed a police report). I really thought he could have extended his gesture financially. I had charged another $135.00 at the restaurants during my stay and I feel that could have been picked up.

I was urged to file a police report - and I did meet with the officer. However, with no serial numbers for the items I had nothing to gain. I was told to file one from home. Hello! those items are long gone. I did get a call from a Marriott insurance agent back in Michigan telling me that Marriott is not liable for any on property theft.

Unfortunately this is what I remember most. Briefly in regards to the rest -

I was ticked off when they told us the pool at the JW was unavailable to us due to capacity. That was a main reason I booked this place! Be aware there were A LOT of dates that were unavailable.

It was quite a bit further than the other Marriott vacation clubs to Disney - If that bothers you.

The pool is really warm. Maybe too warm in the summer?

All in all I would stay there again. I feel violated in regards to the theft and will travel very differently from now on. I saw so many people with thousand dollar camera etc. out while they played in the pool. Beware! don't let this happen to you.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank timjenhall
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We bought into this vacation club property last year before it had opened, so this was our first stay with them. Like all other MVC properties, this one had beautiful furnishings and a nice room layout. Here are my thoughts about this new vacation club...
Arrival was seamless and no wait to check in. We were staying during the week between Palm Sunday and Easter, so I was pleasantly surprised at the low check in volume. This property is part of a triplex, sharing real estate with the JW Marriott and the Ritz Carlton. When we bought into the timeshare, part of the attraction was these neighbor hotels and the reciprocating privileges that we were sold on. Of high interest was the enormous lazy river at the JW, touted to be the largest in the US. Travelling with a tween that loves pools, this was a great bonus to the pool/lazy river at the club itself, or so we thought. No more had we checked in and they broke the news that because it was a "high" week, reciprocating privileges were disallowed. Excuse me? Did I not buy a "high" week? Am I not an MV owner AT THIS PROPERTY? This is my home resort. Needless to say, we were extremely disappointed with this development. So buyer beware if you want to use the JW pool. Don't count on it.
The pool area at the club is quite nice, but they put new definition to the word "lazy" river. There is no real current to move you, so it is more like a drift river. And it is very very warm. For April, the water temperature was already at bath temp. Can't even imagine what it will be like in the summer. The pool slide is a nice addition, with actually two slides and it's own entry pool.
Because this is a vacation club, there is only one very casual restaurant on property with mediocre food choices. Standard Marriott pricing applies, so expect to pay resort rates. They do have a drink of the day special, but there is no real pool staff to speak of, so expect to go to the bar to get your own drink. You do have food options at the JW and Ritz, but keep in mind these are the highest rate hotels in the Marriott brand and their dining reflects that.
I used the spa at the Ritz Carlton while we were there and it was wonderful. An easy walk between properties, or you can go to the front desk and they will take you over in one of their golf carts.
Because this is a vacation club, you have a kitchen as long as you take at least the one bedroom. The kitchen is adequately equipped to allow you to cook, and there are plenty of Publix stores nearby. We stocked up for breakfast and snacks and that worked well for us. The property also has gas grills on site, which worked out nice for us when we had some Florida friends over one evening. We were able to cook steaks on the grill and dine outside, which was really nice.
You will need a car to stay at this resort. You are about 5-10 minutes from Sea World, and close to 25-30 to Disney.
One thing that I was surprised about is street noise from our balcony. We were in a room towards the back of the property, overlooking the golf course, and there was still a very noticeable traffic noise from the main road out front. We did not hear noise inside our room or at the pool, only on our balcony. So keep that in mind if you are looking for perfect tranquility sitting out on your patio.
We have stayed at other Marriott vacation clubs before, and one complaint we have always heard is the lack of pool chairs. This was not the case at this property. I imagine this is due to the fact that this is Orlando and everyone is at a park. We never had a problem getting chairs, and there are even 7 or 8 tented gazebos for your use, first come first serve. Most days we were able to get one without a problem.
There is a childrens program here, but it is geared for the 5-8 yr old crowd. There is no teen or tween program.
Overall, this is a very nice MVC and since it is our home property, we will return. The people are all very nice, the property is beautiful and the rooms are lovely. They are still working out the first year kinks and will hopefully improve as time goes by. Keep in mind that this property is not complete, and there will likely be construction of additional units in the next 12 months. Make sure to ask about that before you book, to insure you are not listening to hammering all day!

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far towards the back as possible
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank DelcoMom
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Our party consisted of four adults. We had a two-bedroom unit in the Capo d' Orlando section, which is a "neighborhood" of two-story townhouses.

Lakeshore is a brand new, beautiful resort. But if you're looking for something close and convenient to Disney, this is not it. Lakeshore Reserve shares a campus with the JW Marriott and the Ritz Carlton and is surrounded by small lakes and golf. Disney is a 30-minute drive.

We though the the combo lazy river/pool of the Lakeshore Reserve to be one of the best features, and looks just like a pool you might see on the cover of a luxury travel magazine. The nearby JW Marriott pool area, also accessible to Lakeshore Reserve guests, was also very nice, lush, and tropical.

Our two-bedroom townhouse unit was lovely. The first floor had full-size kitchen, dining and living area, a half bath, and a patio. The second floor had master bed and bath, second bed and bath, and stacked laundry closet. My only complaint about the unit was that the bedroom furniture seemed on the chintzy & cheap side. I don't feel it will hold up well over time. That said, the beds were great, pillows and sheets comfortable, the rooms and bathrooms were large and well-equipped.

One quirk: we were in the 2nd bedroom, 2nd story facing the courtyard. We also faced other 2nd bedrooms in the other townhouse units. The remote control to our tv must have not only activated our tv, but the tv in one or more other units! I would turn on the tv or change the channel, then in a minute the tv channel would change or would turn on/off. Battle of the remote controls!

We were guests of the timeshare owners, so I have no opinion on the quality of staff or check-in. I do know the timeshare sales personnel in the lobby were relentless, so avoid the lobby if you're weak-willed. :)

We tried the hotel's small restaurant once, and I was not impressed. It was overpriced, the service was a little slow, and to top it off, I got an upset stomach after eating. So I can't recommend it. However, there are several other restaurants to choose from in the Ritz and JW Marriott (which we did not try).

Even though the resort is not the closest to Disney or Universal, the drive is not bad, and the resort provides a respite from the craziness of the parks and WDW hotels. But the resort would also be a nice golf, couples, girlfriends, honeymoon, adult etc. getaway without park visits.

We would (and probably will) stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank xrae
Australia
Reviewed April 30, 2011

This property was fantastic, from the newly constructed villas with excellent fit-out to the very clean and leafy pool area and lazy river.

Our room was on the upper floor and had rooms either side, we heard no noise at all.

We found the place wasn't listed within the GPS. Being dark and the first time in Orlando we found it a little hard to find. The JW Marriott is right next door, so use that to find your way if need be.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple