“Good place but wrong etiquette”

Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery I-Drive
Cuisines: American, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

The place is not too bad for a sports bar. There are plenty of screens and the food it's typical bar food and reasonably priced. What I really hate is that they add the tip to the bill automatically at 18%. The standard in the states is 15 to 20% depending on the level of service, so all this done was annoy me. I am not saying the service was bad, but more that I can't stand that this decision was taken away from me. They do however include a leaflet (titled something along the lines of "for the help of international guests") on tipping stating that if you are not happy to talk with the manager. Maybe the Americans don't understand this but that is typically not what British (or many Europeans) people do. Needless to say, following the advice of the wife, we will not go back. Reading other reviews, I see that the management neither read nor answer these reviews, but at least I hope it serves as advice to other people wanting to visit this establishment.

There are newer reviews for Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery I-Drive

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We held a STEN night in here for my sons stag and new daughters hen nights
We had a lovely meal and a night of drinking. Orders were delivered quickly by helpful pleasant staff theInternational Drive Tilted Kolt was an excellent choice for our night out.
The girls who served our tables were all cheerful and helped make it a night to remember thanks to the Jilt staff and I would recommend this pub/eatery for a visit

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Went with family. Girls are nice, but not too risqué.
Was disappointed that it isn't Scottish themed and is basically the usual Irish with a few Scottish trinkets on the walls. There are hundreds of Irish pubs/diners in the area, something a bit different would have been nice.
Typical Orlando menu, though my wife did say it was one of the nicest pizzas she,d ever eaten.
Reasonable cost, usual free refills. Watch out for a kids eat free coupon in the coupon books available outside many gift shops.
Service was ok, though it was quiet during lunchtime.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My fiancée and myself decided to try here during our recent holiday to orlando. (oct 10-29)
Upon being shown to our seats by a girl who was not interested we were asked what we would like to drink then what we would like off the menu
I asked for a steak salad 10 yes ten minutes later I was told the steak salad was not available
(steak not available in orlando ?) so I had the chicken salad instead which when it turned up was 4 pieces of chicken in amongst lots of green stuff.
the next time we saw our waitress was when she gave us our bill which already had the tip included (I thought this was optional obviously not here )
the room was cold I was not made to feel welcome and will not use this again

Reviewed November 1, 2013

we ordered two meals both arrived wrong when i complained the waitress said sorry and just walked away then 10 mins later she asked if everything was ok with the meal i again pointed out the problem (one overdone and the other wrong topping) again she said sorry and went to walk away again so i said "i guess people don't come here for the food" to which she looked down at her chest and said no we aren't exactly 5 star and walked away bill arrived no discount lol amazing