“Awesome Water Park”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome Water Park”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a great place for a family with children to stay. The water park is so much fun for the kids you don't have to even spend money on the pricey water parks in the local area if you don't want. The only down side is that small children have to wear the life jackets and cannot wear their own flotation devices, which was a huge turn off for my family as my littlest son could not maneuver as well with the life jackets as he can with his arm floats. He kept trying to take his life jacket off. The room was also very noisy as we stayed in a room close to the road and the walls are very thin, we could hear other families yelling at kids.

3 Thank nsbgirlie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good water park”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We visited on vacation on a groupon deal. We didn't stay at the hotel just went to the park for the day. It's a good value. Park was fun took my teens they had fun. It's not fancy but gets the job done. It's right in the middle of international drive so very easy to get to.

2 Thank Bxguy
Munich
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“OK for the day but wouldn't necessarily come back”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We took our kids here for the day as an alternative to one of the more expensive and hectic Disney-like attractions.
Our kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves but we parents found the place to be a bit dirty... things floating in the water, reeked of chlorine and frequented by some sketchy clientele. A plus is that there are plenty of staff around so the kids can be a bit more independent.
There is a shallow wading pool for the smaller ones, all under a roof so there is sun protection.
Outside there are more exciting things to do like wild slides, which the bigger kids enjoy.
Food was not that good... if you can, bring a picnic lunch.
If I lived in the area I might take my kids a once or twice a year because it is less expensive than other attractions and not so big that it is stressful to keep an eye on the kids, but the atmosphere is just not that pleasant.

2 Thank JohnShaft
Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A nice day......”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My friend and I were staying nearby, but she had stayed here before and knew that the water park itself had great rates even if you weren't staying at the hotel. After awhile, kids get bored with just a swimming pool so this was a great place to go. Helpful staff, plenty of lifeguards and anything you need or want is available. The kids had a great time and we had a few moments to relax. I happened to fall while there and the staff was quick to react. Be careful if walking barefoot and try to avoid walking near drains because sun tan oil and sun block run there. Although they squeegee the areas all the time it is always wet and slippery. Just a heads up. A good day and a good value.

2 Thank gghost
Orlando, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wow....This place used to be much better!!!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I took my son and a friend of his to the Coco Key water park and I guess you pay for what you get. What happened to this place? Is all I kept asking myself as I sat and looked around and saw how this place has just literally gone to the "dogs". The employees seem extremely un attentive as if they wished to be anywhere except working there. I guess that explains why they all seem to have attitudes and horrible customer service. The place itself needs to close down for a good two weeks or so to do major repairs to the grounds. The water areas need safety strips to prevent slips and falls. The strips that they have are worn down to no strips at all. They actually have construction plastic up covering a section of the water area where children could possibly slip and fall through the plastic enclosure. I went to the restroom and wished that I hadn't afterwards. The place is extremely horrible and once again the saying is true " you get what you pay for". I just should have added another $60.00 and I guess we would have had a better experience if I hadn't been such a cheap skate. I won't make that mistake again. No mo Co co.

Visited August 2013