Tripadvisor
Orlando

“Delicious Choice at City Walk”

Big Fire Orlando Citywalk
Ranked #802 of 4,223 Restaurants in Orlando
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

When you stay at a Universal Orlando resort you have easy access to the City Walk restaurants, and there is something for everyone!
#
We started with the hearth baked bread with herbed butter and peach preserves. It had a nice crispy crust with a soft center. Perfect.
#
For my entree, I got the Dutch oven beef burgundy. The beef was so tender it was falling apart as I tried to get it on my fork. Next was the Colorado lamb chops with crispy smashed potatoes and pork belly mac and cheese. Let’s just say that leftovers were not an option.
#
We chose the table side s’mores for dessert. They were messy...as s’mores usually are.
#
Our only issue ended up being dessert. We think we might have been forgotten. Our first fire was brought, and ran out before we got our s’mores fixings. That made the meal run a tad long, but we survived.
#
Overall, a good place to eat. They had burgers, seafood, and other beef selections, and everything was delicious. I would definitely plan on it being a dining experience not a quick meal.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (115)

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Managed to walk in at about 6.30 and get a table straight away. It’s worth booking in advance if you’re more than one or two people. You can sit at the bar if there is space and can get the full menu service there. Pretty good atmosphere and not too noisy. They have seating upstairs as well as downstairs so a pretty big capacity overall. Had a nice informative server who was happy to offer advice on the menu. Chose the artichoke dip which was more like an artichoke and spinach cheesy bake but very tasty. Then had the fillet steak with fries and asparagus. The fries were wedges rather than fries but very tasty. Really not a fan of the heavy smoke flavour on the asparagus and steak. Could have done with a sauce option but I can’t imagine much pairing well with the smoke. The meat itself was perfectly cooked and very tender but I wouldn’t go back for it because of the flavour of the smoke.

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

We went here last night and I have to say the service was very good. My husband had filet mignon and he said it was lovely. I had a chicken sandwich which was nice but no real flavour to it. For afters we had apple pie and baked alaska both very nice.
For me it was an OK meal, for my husband he said it was the best he had eaten so far this trip.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

If only the food was as good as the service. Great personnel, but the food was just smokey with no real flavor. The au-gratin potatoes where greasy and disgusting. The New York strip steak had no taste. Do yourself a favor, go to Outback for steak . You’ll save money and believe it or not, get better food.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

My family and I ate here after a day at the parks, and we all loved it! The atmosphere is relaxing and it has a laid back feel. We had a second floor booth near the window that overlooked the first floor. Kids had chicken fingers and cheeseburger sliders. The chicken fingers were great and my daughter said they were the best she’s had. You could tell they weren’t frozen. The fries were potato wedges and they were a hit too! Appetizers we ordered were the spinach artichoke dip and the mussels, both were great and had good portions. I ordered the surf and turf special of 6oz filet and scallops. It didn’t disappoint and was cooked medium for me. Husband had the trout and that was excellent. The price was fair and we didn’t think it was overpriced for the area. Husband and I already said we would be back and that it’s the best place we have eaten at Universal. (As annual pass holders we have tried a bunch of places). If we weren’t so full of e would have tried the dessert, the s’mores looked really good! Outside they have a fire pit with chairs and a corn hole game set up. Nice area to sit and have a drink. Manny was our server and he explained the menu and drinks well. If you’re and annual pass holder make sure you tell them so you can get your discount. The only thing that disappointed me is that they do not give a discount to military.