“A Great Place to Eat!”

Dining options: Dinner
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Great Place to Eat!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We asked a friend for a recommendation for Greek/Mediterranean food while visiting Orlando, and this place happened to be a couple of blocks away from his house. He said we HAD to try it!

We drove over and initially noticed how small it was. The place was full on a Saturday night at 8:00 PM. We parked and walked in just as another group was leaving, so we got a table right away.

The order was seamless and the lady taking it was friendly and helpful. She made some great recommendations. We ended up with the Moussaka and the King Gyro, I believe it was called. Both of them were outstanding. Really incredible taste. I have traveled to Thessaloniki, Greece, and Athens, Greece, on three occasions, and these items struck me as being as close to authentic as you can get. The seasoned fries were also very good! I really liked their tzatziki sauce!

We grabbed some Baklava for dessert. Apparently it is the recipe of the mother of the owner. It was flat out amazing. Very delicious.

We were extremely glad we ate here. Our friend pointed us to a great little place. It's small, and parking is limited, but it is obvious why the place was packed. It's a great eatery!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank FredP0909

Orlando, Florida, USA
“Best Gyros in Orlando”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Best gyros in Orlando! Small, family owned restaurant. Limited seating but takeout available. Cheesecake is to die for!

Visited December 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Delicious”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Great lunch spot! The gyros are really good and the portions and ingredients are generous. I had the king gyro, lamb and pita both soft and tender. Loaded with feta, tomatoes and onions. Also tried the grilled pork version of the gyro, which was called something different. This was also really good, big chunks of grilled pork, tomatoes, onions, and the tatziki sauce. Next time I'll ask for them to load the feta on that too. The special offering of the day was spinach pie it, was rich, creamy, and tasty.

The employees are friendly, tell them it's your first time they'll navigate you through the menu. Sit down, they bring the food to you, nice clean cafe style place. The restaurant is pretty green if you get into that, all recycled utensils, biodegradable cups, and carry out containers.
The prices maybe a little too high for a quick lunch, two sandwiches, two drinks, and a slice of spinach pie, twenty four bucks. Might be high for some, but the quality and portions are good, so that wouldn't keep me away. Overall this place exceeded my expectations great job.

1 Thank Beau M
CarolynInCT
“WHAT A GEM!!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Found this place when leaving my other fave: Cecil's BBQ. Decided to stop for lunch one day. Wish I had gone sooner! It's an authentic Greek/Med place. Great gyro! I got the dinner plate and the seasoned fries ARE FANTASTIC! Cute little place. Looks like an old diner or laundromat or something....but cute, small and clean. Loved it! Will be back! I need to try the greek salad/dressing.

• Visited September 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Best Gyro in Orlando!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

By far the best gyro I've had in Orlando. Gail (I believe her name is) is great and I believe she may be the owner as well. Extremely friendly and welcoming! Not the best environment. Wish it was at a different location, but the food makes you oversee that. So, if you're in the mood for great gyro's, give them a shot, you will not be disappointed. Also, you cant beat the price!
They also have a large selection of appetizers, tzatziki, hummus, etc...

• Visited February 2013