Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Had a fantastic day in a galaxy far far away!

If you don't get the extras (building a droid or a light saber, hanging in the cantina), I can see... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Kayleegirl
Fairfax, Virginia
Get there early.

Visited here to see what all the hype was about plus we LOVE STARWARS ! Mainly this place is about... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Bubbs1965
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Orlando
from $1,238.36
from $59.99
from $37.28
from $54.98
More Info
All reviews the cantina storm troopers green milk cast members hollywood studios light saber star tours ride immersive experience x wing fighter outdoor shopping mall characters walking around life size incredible attention to detail build your own ride experience soft opening ride queue
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our visit to Galxy's Edge. Our one suggestion is to make sure you visit at night as we felt it was a little plain during the day however the lighting is spectacular. The are does have an immersive feel to it and you can easily forget you are at an amusement park. Now lets get to the rides. Smugglers run is a mixed bag. I loved my first experience on the ride when I was a pilot. I was totally engaged and enjoyed every second. The second time our family rotated and I was the engineer. A totally different experience! I was constantly looking at the controls to my left so I could perform my tasks which takes away from the overall ride experience. Did not really enjoy being the engineer. The cue is amazing and don't miss getting a Coke in a detonator bomb shaped/themed bottle. Now to the big one, Rise of the Resistance. Let me first saw I would qualify this as more of an experience than a ride. That being said you can call it want you want but it was amazing and worth the 5am wakeup time to assure a boarding group. Will give no spoilers but will say there are a few moments that take your breath away and it is a totally immersive experience. Our 2 non Star Wars fans in the family still had a great time and my 19 year old daughter even built a droid. Great all around!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is the most authentic set I have ever seen with the the trader's outpost and the millenium falcon within touching distance. The smugglers' run ride was worth the long wait (2 hours) and the queue moved very quickly. We never got onto Rise of the Resistance despite two attempts. I am not sure what a fairer way would be to distribute tickets but otherwise it did not dampen our experience. Go and see it for yourself.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This scenery was authentic and made you feel like you were in a Star Wars movie! The scenery from the shops and eateries was incredible. Unfortunately because we are not Disney experts we did not know to sign up for Rise of the Resistance early and could not get on that ride, that was a bummer- but the other rides were so fun.
The only complaint I really have was that the staff in this part of the park were not very friendly and just appeared to have little idea what they were doing. It was clear this is a new park and there is some work to do-but overall it really was awesome for a couple of Star Wars fans and we cant wait to see how this looks in 1-2 years when things are fine tuned.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rise of the resistance is the most incredible attraction I have ever experienced in half a century of park visits (Disney and others)in both the US and overseas.
I am not a Star Wars geek, but that is not necessary to really be thrilled by this attraction.
This isn't a roller coaster where you watch and get tossed around. It is immersive in its theme and unbelievable in both scale and detail.
I cannot understand what people who knock this (a very few) expected; this simply exceeded all my expectations.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

We loved it. It was worth arriving at 5:30 am to make sure we were in the park on time for opening at 6pm to ensure we got a boarding group for the rise of the resistance ride. The ride was amazing and nothing like anything I’ve enjoyed before. It was super busy in the park but there was so much to see and do that I didn’t mind too much. Queue lines had enough to look at that time passed quickly. The interactive phone app also helped pass the time. I didn’t get to build a droid or make a lightsaber, so now I’ll just have to return to Batuu. The cantina was cool to visit but I would not really recommend it for kids, it seemed to be more appealing to the adults from what I could see of the visitors I observed. As a Star Wars fan, this was a great experience. The character meet and great and is outside the galaxies edge area at the launch bay, don’t miss the opportunity to go there and interact “one on one” with your favourite characters. BB8 and Chewbacca were great! We liked that cast members did a good job of keeping in character. We had a great time and this was a highlight of our trip. I’ll definitely be coming back.

Date of experience: December 2019