“Very nice and clean, but, needs some updating”
Brand New Sectional Sofa Brand New Sectional Sofa & Chair
Ground View of Lanai
Ground View of Condo
It Doesn't Get Any Better Than THis
Lake Cay On A Beautiful Afternoon
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

5 of 5 stars Excellent - based on 48 reviews

Reviews from our community

Tarps
Snellville, Georgia
“Very nice and clean, but, needs some updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We have stayed at VistaCay three times now. This was the first time in this particular unit. The layout if very nice and the three bedrooms are wonderful when there are 5 adults. Also, the two bathrooms make life infinitely easier. The only negatives I would have is there does need to be some updating to a few things. The master bedroom mattresses are woefully in need of replacement. The springs are completely shot on the side nearest the window. Also, the washing machine's water temp knob is broken. We had to use pliers to change the setting. The washing machine also needs to be leveled as it tends to "walk" across the floor when spinning. The internet was a lesson in frustration. Granted, we all had either Mac laptops or ipads, as well as iphones. This could have played some role in it not working however, in this day and age, modems must be configured to work with all operating systems. We did call for maintenance on this, however, they were unable to work out the issues. We managed to occasionally get on the clubhouse access, but, this was intermittent and not at all dependable.

The issues mentioned above may matter not a whit to others and we would definitely recommend the unit as a whole. The owner called us the first part of the stay to make sure things were okay which was very thoughtful. We had only been there one night and were unaware of the issues found at that time. I hesitated to say anything about the mattress as I had slept on it for only one night. I mention it now so that all are aware and the issue can be easily resolved.

Proximity to the pool was very nice and the view of the July 4th fireworks from, well, everywhere was incredible. We counted 17 different fireworks shows going on at one time that night. Quite the sight to see. Each night we could see the fireworks from Sea World so it felt like one big long holiday for us. Very nice indeed.

4 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
4 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Proximity to parks and shopping.
Liked least: Master bedroom mattresses, washing machine, internet access.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Jul 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your review Louisa. My main goal as an owner is to ensure that my guests receive quality for the money they spend. I view all feedback as an opportunity to do just that. Customer service is my main priority and that is why I try and call each guest during their stay.

First, I want to thank you for the condition in which you left the unit as I was the guest that followed you. It is always appreciated as the owner when guests treat the unit as if it were their own.

Second, the water temp knob on the washing machine was fixed that day as I do a thorough inspection when I arrive. If I am not available I have a top notch property management company that is at your service and if called will come and try and rectify any problem.

Lastly, the mattress and internet issues I am looking into. PC's seem to work fine and MACs seem to have problems at times. I am not sure why. I have a PC and have never had any issues or have heard of any from other guests. Brighthouse, the internet provider, did come out and said everything was fine with the equipment in the unit. Mattress comfort seems to depend on the person as there are so many types of mattresses and so many different firmness settings. No complaints until now, but I will closely monitor this with subsequent guests.

Again, thank you Louisa for your review and thank you for booking with me. I hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family again in the future at one of my units at Vista Cay. Take care and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Best Regards,
Bill Maloney
lateriser...
anywhere
“Perfect Choice for our Orlando Vacation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

The condo we rented at Vista Cay was wonderful! The pictures on the website are completely accurate.There was plenty of room for the four of us to spread out, and the accommodations were top notch. My 8 year old called it her "home away from home". Having a full kitchen and two full bathrooms made our stay so much easier and enjoyable. Being on the top floor was great too, no worries about noises above your head! The view from the balcony of the pool and the lake were beautiful, it was a nice restful spot to take in the scenery. The location of Vista Cay was great too, close enough to Disney and really close to Universal. It was so nice to be near a grocery store too! We would highly recommend eating at NYPD pizza, great food and atmosphere, we miss having NY style pizza! My family really enjoyed the pool and the clubhouse. Bill Maloney was great to work with, he even called us during our stay to check in and make sure everything was going well. I would highly recommend this condo, SO much better than staying in a hotel!

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
A FlipKey verified reviewer
4 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
Dan
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 for a stay in February 2012
person found this review helpful
Make Inquiry
Enter dates for more accurate prices
Any
Make Inquiry
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing