“Mixed reviews ”

Allure Resort International Drive Orlando
Ranked #306 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed here for a week with my family. Read the previous mixed reviews and took the chance and I'm glad I did. It was easy to find, i already knew it didn't have an "official" sign so just gps'd the address, it's right next to the YMCA. There is a girl at the front desk who was usually there mid day who seemed to not really care about here job and had a "your bothering me" type attitude. But that was the worst part of the stay. We were able to check in 30 min early and got a double bed room on the 6th floor and it was pretty big and clean!! The beds worked fine and had nice clean bedding. We had more than enough towels for our family of three and they were big and fluffy! The mini fridge kept everything really cold and the microwave was nice. There was also a large flat screen tv. The room did have wifi, it wasn't great wifi but still wifi! The outdoor pool was nice and the jacuzzi was working, they did run out out pool towels though. Both elevators were in working order and the maid service was great! The soda machine on our floor didn't work but my husband went down to the bar and they gave us a free soda! Overall I would recommend this hotel, it's not really a resort but still a decent place to stay for the price. Oh also they do have a theme park shuttle that we didn't get a chance to use just because it didn't run as often as we like so we had to pay $17 per day at Disney.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Kitkatt85
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for your review. On behalf of our team at Allure Resort International Drive we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel in regards to the service at the front desk. We will investigate this and address it with our team to improve our service. We appreciate your business.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,587)

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Ok so we stayed there the end of April to go to Universal. I read the reviews and they were mixed so I took a chance. One of the reviews said the elevator was not working the week before. Upon check in they asked if the 7th floor was ok I said only if they elevator works which it did. Upon checking out the elevator was not working so we had to carry our bags down 7 flights. The bed for me personally was not comfortable. Its a sleep number and it was difficult to operate. I expressed this to the staff and they immediately accommodated me with a free roll away bed. The staff was very helpful. This hotel is not a quite a resort but they still charge a $10 a day resort fee, but u still get free wifi with that so its not too bad. The hotel is in a great location and very close to Universal. It is very clean, spacious and nice looking. You can't get a better hotel than that for that rate

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank lopez_mo

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and we will fine tune our operation to exceed our guests expectation. We have fixed the elevator issues since your last stay and we recommend that our guest adjust the sleep number bed mattress for additional comfort. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Hotel very well located, clean and spacious, breakfast at Cargo Bay with a wonderful super polite and kind staff. Enjoyed the stay and I would lodge me at the hotel again for sure. All very polite and helpful staff. Thanks Jon Jones and all crew. You will have to pay the resort fee of $ 10.00 per day, but worth it because it has good quality wifi in virtually every location in the hotel and you can use the pools.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank FERNANDO T

Thank you for your review. We have shared your comments with John Jones. On behalf our our entire team at Allure Resort we value your business and we thank you for staying with us,

Reviewed May 2, 2014

stayed 4/29, booked through priceline, paid $68 with resort fee(which is supposed to be a discount)... had horrible stay!!! the toilet had "hair" on it, the in room coffee was gross, the beds were hard as rocks(the sleep number controls didn't work) and when trying to go to bed the next room came in and we could hear every single thing heard from their tv and oriental conversation!!!! literally sounded like they were in our room!!! was not happy at all!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Andygr7

On behalf of our team at Allure Resort International Drive we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel regarding the cleanliness of the room and the bed comfort. We will investigate this and correct it. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that we can exceed our guest expectations

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My boyfriend and I booked our hotel for 4/22-4/27 with a flight car over a third party booking site. I myself work for a similar travel site, so I know how things go when you book third party. Before our trip, we checked TA everyday for reviews of the hotel and the closer we got to our trip, the more nervous we got. However, upon arriving, the hotel by far exceeded our expectations. Our room was spacious and clean and the beds were really comfortable. There was a slight issue with room keys, but it was quickly resolved. While it was in the midst of all the International Boulevard action, it was back and secluded off the main drag and away from traffic. The grounds were beautiful the pool had a walkway in the back that was covered in honeysuckle and other flowers - the smell alone was heavenly. The pool was clean and it being the middle of the week, there was no crowding or a ton of noise around the pool area. Plus, the hotel is only 2-3 miles from Univeral Studios. We went for a relaxing vacation and a relaxing vacation is what we got.

2  Thank Jasmine O

Thank you so much for your review. On behalf of our entire team at Allure Resort we value your business and appreciate your recommendation of our hotel

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I am writing this as I stay at the hotel 4/26. I booked this hotel through Expedia.com reviews were 50/50 so I took a shot. I called three times during the week to make sure my reservation was current and everything was still ok, which I was assured was. I called that day we were to check in (spending the day at sea world) told the king sized bed was under my name, everything was fine. I checked in later that day to find out my reservation was being changed to two queen sized beds, which I would not have minded if I was told prior to. The hotel basically overbooked and lied to me. The first desk women (two of them) did not care at all (also there was another couple next to me who the same thing happened) told me to "call expedia and talk to them if I didn't want to stay at allue and take it up with them or stay in the different room and possibly relocate on Saturday". Also, I was told that I didn't call earlier to see if my room was available, which I mean...why would I lie? To say I was taken back a bit would be an understatement. I am only here for two days, why would I want to relocate after unpacking everything, also I was already at the hotel they knew I could not call expedia and find somewhere else.

1) The hotel knew the rooms were not available and did not communicate with me.
2) The front desk women were rude, as if they do this all the time and knew my reaction.

The hotel is typical, but customer service and communication are key for me. This is why I would say stay anywhere else. If you don't care about customer service or communication between buyer and seller then take a shot.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
3  Thank David K
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

On behalf of our team at Allure Resort International Drive we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel regarding not honoring the room type that was booked initially. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that we can exceed our guest expectations

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed at the allure resort for three nights during our stay in Orlando. We actually found the location straight away although got lucky because we just happened to see the sign at the last minute - otherwise it is not made obvious especially with the other advertising boards on the busy international drive, also the front sign to the property is covered over - almost like they are about to change the name perhaps?
Once inside, the reception staff were polite and prompt, very helpful and provided useful local information including free drinks at a local bar, map of Orlando and free Disney, universal and other attractions FREE shuttle bus to and from the hotel.
We stayed in a corner suite, it was very large, very clean, massive comfortable bed and good services including hair dryer, big tv, fridge, coffee machine etc.
The grounds are bright and well maintained and a convenient smoking area which is well done (you don't feel shoved out of the way)
Great location, right in the thick of the action with a very short drive to universal, wet and wild, sea world etc. we didn't use the pool,or eating facilities so cannot comment but pool looked good and enjoyed by the kids.
Overall a very comfortable stay

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and for choosing to stay with us.