“Great Rooom, But...”

Allure Resort International Drive Orlando
Ranked #306 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We arrived at the Radisson and check in went smoothly. The room was lovely. This king size executive room was large and nicely furnished. There was a totally separate sitting area with a couch, coffee table, and another large flat screen tv. The bedroom area was large with plenty of drawer space, desk, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. This room had a sleep number bed. The bathroom was also large. (However no magnifying mirror or toilet seat lid.)
We were delighted. But...when it came time to go to sleep, the noise coming from next door was outrageous - loud voices and tv. This was because the walls are paper thin and the connecting door might as well have been nonexistent as a sound barrier. Tissue paper would have done the same job. I called the front desk after midnight and Kevin said he would send security. Fifteen minutes later, I called back. Kevin said he would send security. When security came and knocked on the door to that room, it sounded like he was in our room. This hotel needs new doors! The people quieted down some but the noise level still prevented sleep until two a.m. After that, we could hear the noise from the elevators which were one room and hallway away. Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, pause, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. All night long.
The next night our room was changed. This room was also nice but had a different layout which wasn't quite as nice but it was quieter. This room had a regular bed with a not quite comfortable mattress. Also, there were more amenities - mints, bath poof, vanity kit. When I spoke to the Front Desk supervisor, she was well aware of the noise issue in the hotel. They must have heard this many times before. So, if you don't care about noise, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 2214 is fantastic but extremely noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for your review.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,587)

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I wasn't trying to be one of "those" readers and judge a hotel solely based off its reviews because it seems everyone has had a different experience.

First off, I want to say that all my issues were resolved very quickly. I even got an email from the hotel manager apologizing for my experience after I filled out a survey which I thought was very nice. So, I am just going to go with a pro and con list and not offer my opinion.

PROS-
Huge standard room
Older Hotel but very clean
Felt safe
Front Desk Staff were very friendly, courteous, efficient and even let us check in early.
YMCA swim center
Centrally located
Lots of families

CONS-
Room was missing a shower curtain upon arrival (I think it's bc they were trying to accommodate us and were rushing, so I don't want to hold this against them, the staff was very nice)
Sleep Number bed did not work so the night was restless
Don't buy your Universal Tickets at the hotel, they try to sell you on going to a timeshare demonstration and lure you with extra cheap ticket prices. The fella would not take no for an answer until we flat out said "NO" instead of the "oh, no thanks, not today".
The breakfast buffet is NOT FREE. No where on the website, upon check in, asking where breakfast was located, was I ever told you had to purchase breakfast until we got a bill. I can't even tell you if there was a continental breakfast somewhere which would make sense since there were families staying there and it would be much more cost efficient
We originally booked 3 nights and stayed for 1

Would I stay at this hotel again? Personally, no but that's from my own experience. It was a great value, great location with lots of restaurants nearby and very clean with friendly staff. It's just a hit or miss with the kind of room you get!

1  Thank ojess

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that we can exceed our guest expectations.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The International Drive location is great for getting the iRide trolley up to Universal Studios (you get off and walk across the road to get there). Unfortunately the hotel shuttle doesn't leave until later in the morning, so we took the Trolley to get to the park as early as possible (Good Friday weekend, that's essential!).

The rooms are very large, comfortable and well convenienced. There are washer / dryers on a couple of the floors - but a couple more would be great, as we did have to wait a little to get to use one, and then others were waiting to use it after us.

The staff were amazingly helpful - friendly, accommodating, with lots of knowledge about the local area - where to eat, how to get to the parks and shopping, etc. Nothing was ever a problem.

We didn't utilise much of the hotel's facilities (pool, etc) as we were at Universal Studios all day, every day - but the hotel was clean, comfortable and convenient to everything. Was also lovely to have the sort of convenience store downstairs to pick up last minute snacks when we'd forgotten things.

And - the restaurant out the front (the Brickhouse) is fantastic, and only just across the carpark from the front door.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. On behalf of our entire team at Radisson International Drive we thank you for your business.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

All of the staff that I observed were very friendly and helpful - beginning with check-in and continuing throughout our stay. One of the maids that I passed on a walkway was very helpful in giving me directions to the YMCA. The room was pleasantly furnished and sparkling clean.
I'll definitely visit this Radisson again.

1  Thank MountaineerFlorida

Thank you for your review. On behalf of our entire team at Radisson International Drive we thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a very good experience at this hotel, which was very comfortable and clean. The staff were great, especially the female Manager who helped us to our room at 11.00 at night with 4 heavy cases, when the male porters etc. were unavailable. There was a bit of a problem with the breakfast because we had been led to believe by the booking agent that breakfast was included. This was misleading; what is actually available is coffee and granola bars if you are there at 6.30 a.m!! The breakfast in the restaurant was okay but nothing special. The full buffet breakfast was $10 but that price didn't include drinks or taxes, so with 2 oranges juices it came to $30+ which I felt was a bit steep. The good news is that there is is a Ponderosa restaurant about a two minutes walk away!!. The hotel is ideally located on I Drive and the I Trolley bus stops right outside as do the city buses. The hotel offers a free bus to Disney, Seaworld and Universal. The transport in the morning is great, the bus turns up on time and being one of the first stops you always get a seat, but the evening buses back from Disney aren't great and often cancelled leaving a long wait to the next one, which is a shame because the free Disney bus offered by the hotel was one of the main reasons we chose the hotel in the first place!! But the transportation and breakfast issues aside it is a fab hotel and we would be more than happy to go back there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. On behalf of our entire team at Radisson International Drive we appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I used an online bidding site and ended up bringing my family here. Three non-drinking adults and one teen didn't mind that the bar was closed the two nights there. The pool was a decent size and the YMCA pools were also easily accessed. We weren't told that breakfast was free until I saw people coming out of the room on the way to swim. Like one reviewer already mentioned, the bed mattresses aren't comfortable. The staff is friendly and other guests were pleasant. Wifi connection was poor. Many restaurants are within walking distance. If you are out and about all day, this place will do for the night.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The tiki bar in the photos has been closed I am assuming for some time. During our 4 night stay it was not open once. The "Sleep #" beds felt like air mattresses that needed to be reinflated each night. Every time the air shut off it made a horrible clunky, loud noise.

Moderately priced, but missed having complimentary continental breakfasts which are pretty standard at this level of hotel. Pool was huge and clean. My kids enjoyed it. Rooms were clean and I felt safe. Would chose another place the next time I travel to Orlando.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. We will use your input to fine tune our operation in order to exceed our guest expectation.