“Close to Everything”

Allure Resort International Drive Orlando
Ranked #306 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 20, 2013

A great place to stay and a close walk to almost anything you want or need. The price was good and my room was clean and comfortable. The staff went out of their way to make it a great experience! They also had discounts for Uno's Pizza that's two blocks away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. On behalf of our enitre team at Radisson International Drive we thank you for your business.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel which was a pretty poor experience overall. upon check-in, we were told that the water was not on and wouldnt be available for the next hour or so. The stay was downhill from here. That night as we tried to adjust the sleep number bed, only one side of the controller worked, so my boyfriend slept on a setting of 100, which is hard as a rock. He may as well have slept on the floor. The following night I tried to blow dry my hair, and the blow dryer didn't work. In an attempt to get a new blow dryer, I tried to call the front desk, which is where I discovered neither phone in the room worked either. I went downstairs and told the front desk that neither the blow dryer and the phone worked, and the man at the front desk wrote down my room number and said he'd take care of it......It was never taken care of. I went to go back up to my room and the elevators didnt work. Aside from pretty much NOTHING working, we left our dirty towels on the floor in a neat pile. They were taken and NEVER replaced. We had no towels....at all. Another, trip to the front desk, and another instance of NO ACTION again. Also, while we were staying there a junior national swim meet was taking place at the YMCA and the hotel seemed more like a dorm than a "resort". There were kids running everywhere, signs all over the doors, and just chaos everywhere. I used to travel for sports and i have nothing against those kids, but seriously, there were hundreds of them and like i said, it was a complete dorm, chaos atmosphere.

Upon checking out, I told the "manager" about these issues and to which she responded, "we'll I already checked you out so there's nothing I can do about it sorry. You should have told me sooner." Told her sooner?! I had been telling them since the issues first arose! I was directed to email the guy who is supposed to deal with these concerns and I still havent heard back. Is pretty clear that once they get your credit card, that's where the hospitality ends.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Michelle M
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope of exceeding our guest expectations.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was visiting Orlando to go to the Universal Studios theme parks, and this hotel was in the perfect location-- only 3 miles away. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was great. I had never used a Sleep Number bed before and found it to be quite comfortable. There was plenty of space in the room and bathroom, making it nice to come back to after long days in the sun at the parks. There are several restaurants and a convenience store within walking distance of the hotel. The nice TV, refrigerator, and microwave in the room were useful as well. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay I
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank your for your review. On behalf our entire team at Radisson International Drive we thank you for your business.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Good, solid place to stay. Reasonable rates and nicest hotel staff. Close to restaurants and airport. We stayed for one night prior to our morning flight home. Clean, comfortable beds. No bugs, no issues.

Seemed like a lot of Disney families were there.

Great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. On behalf of our entire team at Radisson International Drive. We thank you for your business.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I booked 2 rooms at the Radisson, 3/12/13-3/14/13

There was no running water in the hotel on 3/13/13 (no warning of this)

The phones were not working the entire stay

Not enough chairs by the pool

The sleep number bed in one of the rooms was stuck on hardest setting, maintenance did come and fix this in a timely manner.

There was a water leak in the other room that soaked the closet and entry floor carpet, along with my luggage.

I booked the trip on Priceline and the price was fair enough, so I really didn't complain. My plans changed and I tried to extend my stay by one night. The night clerk said they were booked on my requested date. I believe she just didn't want to deal with my Priceline rate or redo my reservation as there was still availability on their website. I asked again the next morning and the desk agent said she could find a room for me. She quoted me a rate that was $20 more than was posted on their website. And both rates were over $30 more than I paid. I mentioned that their quoted rate was more than the online rate. And the answer I received was "I know, it's the cancellation policy". I was standing there at the desk, the day I needed the room. I wasn't expecting to get the rate I paid, but I was expecting some empathy/accommodation (at a minimum the online rate!) due to the poor room conditions, water issues, we experienced. I didn't have access to my computer at the moment, so I just checked out. They did wave my "resort" fee of $10/night due to the leaking in my room.

If you need a comfortable bed, this is an acceptable hotel. I wouldn't classify it as a resort by any standard. The guest service agents were a helpful as they were allowed to be by management. But there was nothing in the stay that made me feel welcome. Sometimes I wonder if it's the Priceline rate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank maddlibb

We did have a major water line break and a power surge caused our phone lines to go down. We have fixed both issues since. On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope of exceeding our guest expectations.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was looking for a getaway and chose to see what Orlando had to offer...Radisson International delivered a great location, a warm inviting atmosphere with great staff. The front desk staff provided a lot of information on things to do and places to go. Most places were within easy access and the hotel itself offerred great amenities...a well equipped fitness center, deli and full service restaurant. All staff that I encountered were pleasant and helpful. The room was a nice size, clean and comfortable. Really great value for money as well...i'll definitely be back and the Radisson is certain to be my Orlando home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. On behalf our entire team at Radisson International Drive. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I was able to get a great rate on a room here thru Priceline. We only needed the room for a few hours before heading back home. Check in was quick and the people at the front desk were super nice. The room itself was bigger than most rooms that I have stayed in. The bathroom was huge. The beds were those number beds. I found my half of the bed to be comfortable while my wife couldn't get comfortable on her side. The room itself was very clean. My only complaint would be that the pillows all were like flapjacks. There are a lot if great places to eat just outside the hotel. I would definitely return to this hotel. BTW there is a resort fee $10 which seems to be the norm these days.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business.