“Horrible Service”

Ranked #299 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Houston, Texas
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

IThis is a 2 stars hotel with a 0 for service. The nightmare began when I checked in on 2/5. I was waiting at the Registration for 15 minutes while an employee was texting on her phone. Finally another staff came from the back office. The computer system was down and they had me staying for 2 nights instead of 3. There was no way to verify and luckily I had a copy of the booking printout with me. The business center was closed during my entire stay fof 4 days/3 nights. The most ridiculous incident was when I called for a 5:30 am wake up the day of my departure. I never did get a wake up call. When I went to the front desk and asked for a copy of my receipt and told the lady about my missed wake up call, she told me I should have only called right before my bedtime and not in the afternoon the day before. Her attitude really disgusted me. With the unemployment rate, I wonder why these types of employees are not fired.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
9 Thank Allan1113
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel.We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope of exceeding our guests expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Juneau, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Having had previously stayed at Radisson hotels around the country, I thought this would be a good choice while in Orlando for a convention. I booked 7 nights and wouldn't do it again if you paid me to stay at this property.

On the third day of my stay (I was there 7 nights) the several dollars in change on my nightstand was stolen. I immediately called down to the front desk and was told "it was probably the maid, assuming it was for them." Well, it was quite obvious that I wasn't checking out of the hotel that day and for them to assume....that's wrong. Needless to say I didn't have any further maid service and didn't leave a tip. Instead, I left a note advising the maid as to why there was no tip.

Several times I stood in line at the front desk to ask to speak to the manager, however after repeated attempts and having to wait to be assisted beyond my patience level, I gave up.

The morning I asked about buying a multi-day trolley ticket I received a ten minute presentation on a timeshare offer from the Guest Service representative. I wasn't interested and made it clear I didn't have time. She continued on with her lecture.

Several mornings I had to get to the convention center before the trolley started and both times I asked the front desk to call for a cab, it was as if I was a major inconvenience.

The little coffee shop didn't take credit cards - the machine was always down.

The business center was "out of order" for the majority of the time I was there.

Upon checking out, the "system was still down" and I was told a copy of the final bill would be emailed to me. It never was. I just called them and the system "is still down." I have to call back tomorrow to speak with another person.

Really? What happened to customer service? How disappointing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank Littleminxy

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

First off, let me say this is NOT a 3 1/2 star "resort". They'd like to THINK they are, but they are a basic, run-of-the-mill business-class Radisson that needs to update some of their hotel.

I booked this hotel relatively last-minute and chose it because it was rated better than 3 stars, a requirement for any hotel I book as ALL the hotel chains seem to have over-inflated ratings. I paid the hotel charges in advance, and was therefore surprised to have an extra $10 "resort fee" charged upon check-in. When I asked, they said it's in the small print in the disclaimer you electronically agree to by checking the box. Sure enough, I went back and looked and there it was, buried in the middle. Sneaky. Very sneaky.

Additionally, I'm trying to figure out WHY there is a resort fee. There's no "resort" amenities. Just a standard pool, workout room, lobby, restaurant and bar, and wireless, which pretty much EVERY hotel has. No extra large spaces to hang out in or other free activities which a typical "resort" has to pay for. It's not that I mind the $10, I just don't like sneaky ways of adding fees to my reservation and especially for something that doesn't exist, i.e. "resort amenities" when this isn't a resort.

The hotel itself is a very typical 2 1/2 - 3 star Radisson. Sleep number beds with clean and comfortable linens, rooms with older carpet that needs updating and looks dirty so I don't take my socks off except to shower, a standard bathroom and shower, paint peeling at the door jambs both at the bathroom and the main entry door, a microwave, iron, fridge, and the one nice thing, a 42" flat panel TV. It does, however, lack the external hookups that most UPSCALE hotels have these days to hook my laptop to the TV to watch a movie. This is pretty standard in 3-star hotels and up. Not present here.

The A/C is stuck on "Cold". This might not normally be a problem in Florida, but this is one of those rare times where the high is 70, the low will be close to 50, and the housekeeping staff left it set on 60 so I'm still in my leather coat as I sit here writing this review since the heat won't come on.

Hotel staff was polite, but ambivalent. They have plenty of free parking, which is a plus, and it's right in the middle of I-Drive with lots of restaurants and such in walking distance. It will do for the night for my limited needs, but unless you can get this hotel cheaper than all the other 3-star hotels, as I did for this trip, I wouldn't necessarily book it again.

3 stars for quality of room, 2 stars for misleading and hidden price increases, 2 1/2 stars overall personal rating, but with no way to rate it that way on here, I rounded down, just because I detest sneaky, hidden fees, however small.

Room Tip: There really aren't "good" rooms. They're all quiet and have about the same view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Lear70
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Guayaquil
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Hotel is very old and the service is poor. The panel walls on the elevators are scratched and old. The carpet in the room was worn off and even had a few wholes that evidence its poor condition. The air extractor in the bathroom broke down and water was leaking from it.

The business center was also not working for around a week or so based on what we were told. We had to walk to a Marriot to print a document.

Bottom line is that the hotel is well located but certainly needs to be renovated in full as it is giving Radisson a poor image.

I will not stay here again.

3 Thank BERNIE2009
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Rooms were good and maid service was great! However the people at the desk were not friendly. Couldn't check us in right away (computers were down), pool was freezing, and hot tub wasn't working. My mother-in-law went down to talk to them about fixing the hot tub and said they were too busy to talk with her. She called upper management and finally got hot tub working ( kind of). They also reimbursed the resort fee for all the trouble. I most likely wouldn't stay there again. I am not one to complain, but the service was really terrible.

3 Thank shmom21
Utah, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just spent 5 nights in this hotel last week. Let me start off by saying I am not one to give negative reviews but I was appalled with the complete lack of customer service at this location. 1. Air conditioning did not function at all 3 out of 5 nights. 2. wi-fi service out of commission all 5 days. 3. no hot water in showers first night. 4. went to enjoy hot tub after long flights with children and found the hot tub to be completely empty, spoke to front desk, told it would be up and running the next morning. went back the next day, one foot of water and ice cold. spoke again to front desk and was told to speak to the manager the next day at 9 am 5. went to front desk at 9 AM to speak to manager Amber, about air-con, wifi, and hot tub issues and was told she was too busy to speak to me. Our party had 3 rooms booked for 5 nights and not even the manager of the hotel would lift a finger to answer our questions. If you like friendly employees, functioning amenities, and any sort of customer service DO NOT STAY HERE. also, watch out for the finicky elevators and the bucket of water in the hallway catching water from a large hole in the ceiling.

6 Thank RileyChou
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Radisson on International Drive in Orlando is conveniently located just next to the Orlando convention centre. Being on International Drive you have easy access to most of the things Orlando has to offer. Nice hotel with pool, plenty of restaurants nereby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. On behalf on our entire team at Radisson International Drive, we appreciate your business.