“Very satisfied.”

Ranked #298 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Gainesville, Florida
“Very satisfied.”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My family has stayed at a few Radisson properties in the last couple of years despite lackluster reviews on Tripadvisor and our stays have always been above average and exceeded our expectations (based upon reviews). We stayed at this property in June and were treated well. Everything worked, the room was spacious and clean, and there was plenty of parking. The only negative I noted was that they advertised free wifi but you had to be proactive and call to get the password. The resort fee was clearly designated in the reservation page I reviewed online. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KSBM
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. On behalf of our entire team at Radisson International Drive we thank you for your return stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed in the Radisson for 14 nights from Tuesday September 18th 2012 to Tuesday October 2nd 2012. It is only when I returned that I found the reviews on Trip Advisor. I certainly wouldn't have booked if I had read them in advance.

We're not high maintenance people and even though we encountered the issues with insufficient on site parking, room keys not working, elevators out of service on a number of days, on site amenities closed (restaurant, bar, pool bar), low water pressure in the shower (I had to kneel in the back to wash my hair under the tap!), lack of cleaning in the rooms etc., we were on holidays and they were just inconveniences rather than serious issues. But what really got to me was what appeared on my credit card when I returned - a $140 charge from Radisson, out of nowhere, no warning.

I was advised by Radisson that this was a $10 per day resort fee to cover parking (which was never sufficient) and the YMCA gym facilities (which we didn't use). We were never informed of a resort fee: 1. on booking our stay, 2. In the confirmation of the booking, 3. When we arrived, 4. During our entire 14 night stay, 5. On check out. I told them this and also told them I felt it was not acceptable to charge it without my agreement following departure. They then informed me that information in relation to the resort fee was on the registration card I signed at check in.

The customer service at the hotel was good when we were staying there but I have to say that their follow up customer service in relation to this issue has been really poor. One liners with no salutations or signatures so that you don't even know who you are corresponding with.

It is insufficient to say that information on their "resort fee" was included in the registration card. I've never been subject to hidden charges such as this in any hotel I've ever stayed in. When checking in after a nine hour flight, waiting for luggage, waiting for hire car and navigating unfamiliar roads, the last thing you worry about is checking the small print on a registration card (a mistake I won't make again). For such a material charge I should have been explicitly advised at check in. Nothing was said, most likely because it would cause issues for the desk staff. Nothing was said to me on check out either - I came back with my keys, they told me all was in order with nothing owing so I didn't even get a copy of the bill.

This "resort fee" is clearly an underhand attempt to get more money out of guests. So here I am, $140 out of pocket and Radisson are doing nothing. I am so annoyed by this issue because it is just so deceitful. It's not about the money now it's about the principal of NOT BEING RIPPED OFF. Radisson Hotels are owned by Carlson so my next step is to see if I can escalate this issue to someone there.

Such a shame as it's left a bad taste in my mouth after quite a nice stay. So a bit of advice Radisson: include your "resort fee" in the overall room price and be done with all this nonsense and hassle.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level as there is no security on the main doors of the building and no security sta...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank loufdub
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
The Service Fees is disclosed clearly on our web site at the time of booking. If for any reason the fees is not disclosed to our guest. We will refund the charge with no questions asked. On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the review and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope we can exceed our guest expectations in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 31, 2012

It does have a shuttle service although if you don't get there early you won't get on and sometimes the shuttle won't turn up to pick you up - the hotel takes no responsibility for this because they contract this service.

The concierge is not a concierge it's a timeshare sales wo/man. Ignore their signs for deals on dinners and tickets.

Our first room was horrible so we asked if we could move, we we were happy to pay but the guy said because we were Gold Points members we didn't have to. We were told to pack our stuff and carry on with our day and when we returned our suitcases would be waiting in our new room. When we returned that guy had long gone and no one knew anything about it. They did sort this out for us though.

The bar is a lonely and sometimes unfriendly place and the breakfast is more expensive and not as good as the Ponderosa.

The swimming pool is also used by another hotel and the YMCA - it's not very nice at all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Paraplu24
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate the review and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope we can exceed our guest expectations in the future.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Front desk staff are arrogant and I came to the Hotel at 3:40PM for check-in with my family (small kids) after 500 miles drive and Front desk guy informed me that check-in is 4:00PM and by the time we are in check-in line, we saw 30 people are waiting for check-in. The mexican origin guy gave me wrong room as I made my reservation for 3rd or 4th floor and he told me to show the proof. When I bring the reservation proof, he told me to wait and I had to wait for 1 hr. There was only one person for check-in and than one older white guy came to help for check-in. He than start our process and swap with another person and the guy was giving me same room over again and again without swaping with another person who was intersted to do so as we have small kids. It took another hour and finally we got our room and when we came to room, we saw king bed not 2 queen as we requested. Than he gave us another room with 2 Queen but the key do not work. I went to the front desk and he re-program the key, it was same and than send Maintenance guy, he could not even get in and he let us go in with his Master key and promised me to give new key but never happened.
Already lost 3 hours of my time and my kids got the way they should be after driving a long distance.
2nd day, key do not work again and I went to front desk and another Mexican origin guy was in front desk and I informed the during my check-in process and keys do not work. His replay was "WELL COME to Real world", instead of fixing the key issue.
Keys did not work for 3rd and 4th days and I tried to talk with General manager but failed and he never called me. I left my cel phone number.

Stayed in Hotel 10/07-10/11

Room Tip: wastage of money
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank mirzaaa a
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Peralada, Spain
Reviewed October 27, 2012

A well positioned hotel on International drive. The room was spacious and clean. However I was disappointed by the customer service. I had problems with my room key which repeatedly failed to operate. The phone on the floor failed to work. The staff were not particularly helpful with this. Overall and average hotel for a Radisson.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Des E
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hotel was perfect until keys kept not working only one lift going no hot food no cleaners u had to ask for one!!!! And even worse they provide u with a free safe do not use as we got robbed but obviously had to be somebody working there as are door not broken in and safe not broken in police involved see hotel manager Tom but was not interested thanku very much not!!!!! Don't worry that we have no money for 4 days take all valuables with u!!!!! DO NOT USE SAFE

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Joan O
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here July 2011 for 2 weeks with my girlfriend. I thought this was a very good hotel, situated in the middle of International Drive so therefore near to everything. The hotel itself is lovely, the room was quite big and our room was cleaned regularly. The staff were also very helpful sorting any problems out for you straight away. The only downsides I can think of are the hour of opening for the pool bar - they seem to open up whenever they feel like it and also the pool gets a little dirty with things blowing in it. Also there was no music around the pool. I would defiantly come back to stay here

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.