“Great First Time Experience”

Allure Resort International Drive Orlando
Ranked #306 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 12, 2012

As a new traveller who has recently caught the bug of exploration, my boyfriend (who has been to many other places) decided to treat me to the full on "theme park extravaganza" that is Orlando, Florida for my birthday. We visited Animal and Magical Kingdom, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. We plan to go back to visit the ones we didn't get to go to (eg. Epcot).

This was a wonderful trip, made even better by the lovely hotel we stayed in. The Radisson is clean and well kept, the staff is friendly and full of tips about getting around International Drive and the general Orlando area and what to do for fun. We had the majority of our trip planned out, but their friendliness was appreciated. It took a while for one of the shuttles to arrive, but we later found out it was because they had some unexpected vehicle trouble. They also have a nice little area where you can print things - this came in handy for printing our tickets to one of the parks.

The only thing I would warn people about is avoid asking for a driver - call one of the cab companies. We asked for a driver to take us to an Outback that was near and it was $25 for the short trip. When we called him to come back we had to wait about 45 minutes to an hour and it was another $25. Definitely go with the cab option and try to purchase a GPS device on your first day as well so that you don't get ripped off by the taxi drivers. We found out the location of every place we needed to go and typed it into the GPS to ensure our drivers were taking the best/fastest routes. We bought a Garmin and it came it extremely handy! There's also an IHOP about 10-15 minutes away from the hotel depending on how fast you walk. It was my first time to an IHOP and it was amazing!

Some of the food in the restaurant was okay, we didn't eat there often we mostly went out to eat - a lot of restaurants are well within walking distance. I would opt out of the hotel breakfast unless you're in a rush or you're up early and need to get to a theme park. If you want something "light". So is a Dave & Busters which was great! I walked around the hotel once, found the pool - it was nice and in a quiet area, also found a little game room which was unexpected but a nice touch. The majority of our trip was spent outside the hotel room, but when we were there it was lovely. My boyfriend and I prefer pillow top beds as opposed to Sleep Number, but other than that everything was great. The towels were replaced often, the beds were made and we never once worried about any of our things being stolen. The free WIFI was great as well. There is also a really great restaurant right out front the Radisson that serves a mean shephard's pie. I absolutely loved it!

Also! If you're a bit of an adrenaline junkie like he is and like I've become you'll definitely want to walk down to Magical Midway and go on the Slingshot. It was crazy! And definitely go for the option to record a video and get the USB and get the t-shirts so that you can forever watch your expressions!

We would definitely stay at the Radisson again!

Room Tip: Our room was decent. Not sure which side of the hotel it was on - the view could have been a bit bet...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AllisonA345
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Write a ReviewReviews (1,607)

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Ok, I have to say, it is a nice room, working refrigerator, microwave, large room, etc.., but there are things that the staff could have done to make it better.

The Good:

Nice room, AC works well, has a refrigerator, microwave and two tv's (it's a large room). Also, they put a lot of money into the "sleep by number" beds. NICE! It's walking distance (20 minute walk) to the convention center and has a great pool.

The Bad:

Front desk and staff is not rude, but definitely not friendly. When I first arrived, I asked the front desk guy how to get to the convention center and they quickly answered "taxi". This surprised me that they didn't have a shuttle since they are so close. At that time, a person behind me in line said there is a Trolley that runs the International Blvd. route so I turned around and asked the front desk guy when the trolley's started running and he said 7. I found out the hard way that the trolley's start at 8. The next time I was at the front desk I asked them when the rental car company (in the hotel) opens and they said 7:30. Rental car company opens at 8:30. I asked if there were towels at the pool and they said "yes", There were none. Later, I tried to call the front desk from the room. It's nice though that the bar is the backup to answer the front desk... if you want to order a drink. I laughed when the bartender told me that I needed to push the "front desk" button on the phone. So we hung up, I hit "front desk", the bartender answered again. I hung up on him this time. Oh, there is no "free" breakfast or "free" coffee in the lobby of any kind. If there is, I couldn't find it and ended up purchasing at the breakfast cafe. Last, one night I went out to sit in the hot tub and it wasn't working. I asked an employee who was walking by why it wouldn't turn on and they said they would have someone "come fix it right away". 30 minutes later, I left, tired of waiting.

The Ugly:

Ok,, I do realize there are roaches, and they can get into hotels randomly. Who knows, maybe this one followed me in, or maybe was even on my back when I entered the room! But in any case, I eventually saw it run across the room. I trapped it with a trash can and put a phone book on the trash can to be sure it wouldn't escape. I also wrote a big note and put it on top of the phone book that said "LIVE COCKROACH UNDER TRASHCAN". So, if you're thinking this is all the ugly. No! the ugly is that when I came back to the room that evening, room service cleaned the room and flipped the trash can back over, but left the (now dead) cockroach laying on the floor next too it! What the hell do they expect ME to do with it?! Maybe they wanted to show me they killed it?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Book the hotel on Expedia. Me and My daughter stayed here for two weeks until her apartment was ready. We wanted to check in a day earlier but they wouldn't match the price we booked the room for online. We paid around $55 a night but the guy said the walk up rate was $99 so I told him no thanks and we stayed somewhere else the first night.
The room was large, had sleep number beds. One one elevator worked which for a hotel that size made a long wait and packed elevators.
The staff was really nice but food was poor. They have a breakfast buffet for $5.95 but the catch is the drinks are almost $2.00 with tax our bill for three was $27 plus tip. Not worth it. Also the air was not working in the restaurant so it was really hot.
There is also a $10 resort fee per day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We are from Australia and are staying at the Radisson for 7 nights, what a great hotel, clean, tidy, big rooms, the rooms were serviced daily every morning, they have a great bar & bistro, Great meals at the bar, the breakfast buffet is not very good, its cheap at $5.95 but only just worth $5.95, we only went there once, the pool is great, kids games room is good as well.

The front desk is great, they will organize anything you need, Lisa is the best, really helpfull, great service.

There is always a private taxi out front, you can organize him through the front desk, he took 7 of us to Universal for $24- (pretty good prices for a private ride) - you also have the iRide trolley out front on International Drive (stop number18) which is very handy.

Overall the Radisson was a great place to stay, close to everything and a really clean andf tidy hotel, I would reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. On behalf our entire team at Radisson International Drive we thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Our stay got off to a shaky start as the receptionist Lisa couldn't find the booking. Thankfully she was the only staff member that was unhelpful. She asked me to step to one side whilst she dealt with another customer! Being English I did thinking she would serve that person and return to me! WRONG!!! Eventually Jason located my booking on the reception desk....we were checked in and directed to our room which was clean and spacious. The hotel is close to all the amenities on International Drive and offers a shuttle service to the various them parks.
We had originally planned to stay for a few nights but enjoyed it so much we stayed on a few nights more.
This hotel and facilities is great for families or couples.....there's lots to do within walking distance or you could drive!

1  Thank GIJane67

Thank you for your Review. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson International Drive we apologize about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the order to meet or exceed our guest expectations.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

we stayed at the radisson hotel, on international drive for 2 weeks in the middle of august. the hotel is located about 400 metres south of the sandlake road/international drive junction. it took us around 20 minutes to drive from orlando international airport to the hotel. we were a family of 2 adults and 2 kids. the hotel is nice from the outside. there is a nice waterfall feature as you drive up to the front. there is parking to the front, side and rear of the hotel and the hotel will give you a pass to put on the windsreen of your car, stating you are a resient at the hotel. the reception area is nice and airy. we booked in with no hassle and were given a room on the 4th floor. there was a short walk under a covered walkway to the north tower, where the room was located. we had requested a room with 2 queen beds, and were pleased to see 2 good size beds in the room on entering. i would say equivalent to double beds in the u.k. the room itself was bright, clean and spacious and suited our needs perfectly. there was a large screen t.v., fridge with small ice box, and a writing desk and chair, a large chest of drawers and walk in wardrobe. the bathroom again was clean and tidy with a shower/bath combined. there was a hair dryer, iron and ironing board in the room. the room was cleaned everyday and beds made up and towels changed. cleaning staff very good. the hotel itself has a bar, a restaurant serving breakfast and dinner etc, swimming pool on site, a small shop selling drinks, some food items, novelties etc, a small starbucks coffee shop and a small room with 3 computers with internet access. the hotel offers free wi fi. they will give you the password on arrival. it was wrote on the envelope containing our swipe cards for our room. there is no gym within the hotel, however there is a y.m.c.a. about 30 metres walk out the back of the hotel with all the weights and cardio machines you could ask for. also large indoor swimming pool. you just ask at hotel reception for a pass for entry. the pool at the hotel was a good size, with a pool bar which was open everyday. the pool was never that busy during our stay. there were plenty of sun loungers. pool towels available from a small store beside the pool. the breakfast at the hotel was very good and kept us going all day. you could choose from items on a menu or go the buffet breakfast which was around $6 dollars for adults and children under 5 years eat free. you had to pay for your coffee/tea etc. the breakfast had the usual hot food, bacon, egg, toast, pancakes etc. fruit which consisted of melon apples, mixed fruit , oranges etc. there was also a couple of different types of cereal to choose from. it was all you can eat so we filled our belly's every morning before heading to disney. only thing i would say if you went down late to breakfast some items had been left under the hot plate for perhaps too long and had started to dry up. this is only a minor point. we never ate in the hotel at night as there is loads of different restaurants within 5/10 minutes walk. there is a laundry service at the hotel, however if you dont want to pay the costly amount for the hotel to wash your items there are 2 do it yourself laundry rooms on the 2nd and 5th floor of the hotel with washers and dryers. overall the hotel was very good and we would stay again.

minor negatives: the hotel i believe has a $10 per day resort fee. it may be built in to your booking charge or charged on arrival to your credit card. this is for car parking and use of y.m.c.a i believe. the room we stayed in had an official floirda state document inside the walk in wardrobe stating resort fee's are $5 per day until 2013. i have not yet been received my credit card statement however if i am charged $10 i will be taking it up with the radisson hotel. also there was a small play area with slides, swings etc which was taped off our entire stay. also a/c in room made a bit of sound but this was a minor point. we just turned it off at night

tips; places to eat. what i found was that if you went out of the hotel and onto international drive and headed north the restaurants were of a lower standard. if you headed south they were of a higher standard, however we ate in numerous places and never had a problem with the food. it was more the decor. basically every other building on international drive is a restaurant, from pizza parlours, diner's, chinese restaurants etc. however i would reccommend the following, which is called the golden coral. go onto international drive and head north. just before the junction of sandlake road there is a wallgreens shop on the left. it is in behind it. the golden coral is a bit like walking into a school canteen however the food was fantastic, steaks cooked while you wait, huge choice of food and it was all you can eat, for around $10 dollars ahead + drinks. the other place was the tap house bar which is around 50 metres in front of the hotel. it was like a sports bar, the food was lovely, and they had ice cold beer on tap. also very child friendly as most places are in america. i would reccommend getting kids eat free cards. we paid £10 for ours prior to leaving for the trip. i think it is kids 12 and under eat free. there are a number of restaurants in olrando which have signed up to it. we ate in a place called cici's pizza on international drive a couple of times. it was all you can eat pizza and salad. 2 adults and 2 kids came to $14 all in, after showing the cards.

2  Thank neildrysdalee

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel. For the most part my stay was ok. I kinda wish the rest of the hotel looked like the lobby. The rooms were ok. They had sleep number beds. But they had them set to rock hard! I found it very hard to get comfortable on that thing, but I digress. My stay wasn't long, but the hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. Most of my family complained about ants in the room. I didn't see any personally. But I was sure to put my food away to keep the ants away. If visiting Orlando again, I think I would look around a little more before staying here again.

1  Thank Sajanlove
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for your review. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson International Drive we apologize about your experience at our hotel in regards to the ants in your room. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the order to meet or exceed our guest expectations.