“Don't believe all the reviews you read”

Allure Resort International Drive Orlando
Ranked #302 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
St. Louis, MO
“Don't believe all the reviews you read”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I wasn't expecting much from this hotel from all the negative reviews I had read. We checked in early evening and it was only then that we had our one and only problem with the hotel. The front desk attendant gave us a room that already had someone else staying in it. Luckily, no one was in the room, just their luggage- could have been a very awkward experience! The front desk quickly fixed the problem and gave us another room, and called an hour or so later to make sure everything was as we expected.
The room itself was great! We had just gotten off a cruise ship, so the room seemed enormous to us. The bathroom was large and clean, as was the rest of the room. Everything seemed to work fine and we didn't see any problems with mold like some of the other reviewers said. The beds were nice, although I don't get what the big deal is about sleep number beds. The room had a tv, microwave, mini fridge, and coffeemaker.We didn't make it down to see the pool.
I booked the hotel for a reasonable price on priceline, and although I had to pay the resort fee, I would stay here again without a second thought.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank MalynKiggs
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, April 18, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for recommending us to fellow travellers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Pool was green and closed the entire time. Hot Tub was closed and taped off. Wood around hot tub was rotted. Fitness facilities were at the YMCA adjacent to the hotel but closed by 4pm on Saturday and closed on Sunday which happened to be the days of our stay. They advertised an in-room massage promotion but when you call the number, the price was almost double and no one at the hotel or the place seemed to really care that they were defrauding people. It took them until after 4pm to make up the room which messed up the plans for our day. Check in was extremely slow. Parking lot was not well lit at all.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank donbts
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope we can meet our guest expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I just wanted to point out that ALL of the staff were great. Darren was the one who checked us in and the one we dealt with the most. He treated us like he has known us forever. Everyone did. I will ABSOLUTELY return!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Thank you for your review. Darren and the entire staff at the hotel appreciate your comments.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I stayed here with my family (2 adults and 2 teenagers) in January 2011 for three nights. We traveled to Orlando from Miami just to visit the parks (Universal & Islands of Adventure). We arrived at night so the parking lot was pretty full but we were able to find a spot close to the entrance. There are two parking lots, the one in front of the hotel is pretty well light but the one on the side could use a little more lighting. Check in was quick and the staff was friendly. Our room was very spacious with two queen beds and a big bathroom. Everything was clean and in order. The hotel has sleep number beds, which the girls loved since you can adjust your side of the bed. The beds were comfortable and the linens were comfy and clean. This hotel is located on international drive but it is not on the busy end of the strip so it was nice and quiet. There are plenty of restaurants and stores surrounding the hotel and it is conveniently located 5 minutes from Universal, Islands of Adventures and Wet and Wild water park. We were scheduled to stay 3 nights but opted to leave one day earlier due to the weather. We booked with travelocity so we had to call them prior to leaving the hotel to ensure that they would reimburse us for the one day we didn't stay. Overall this is great hotel for the value. Great location for parks. Last comment...In order to conserve water the hotel gives you the option to have your towels replaced daily or every other day. If you want them replaced all you have to do is leave them in a neat pile on the bathroom floor (the towels will be replaced that day), other wise if you leave them on the rack they will not be replaced. This is a good option since most of us don't change our towels at home everyday anyway LOL. Overall I would stay again at this hotel with no hesitations.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I was staying here with my two teens for just one night before moving to a different hotel for the majority of our stay. All we needed was a place to sleep, so I entered a low bid on priceline and got three rooms at the Radisson for the retail price of one room at your average motel. Our flight was seriously delayed due to weather, then there was a problem getting the rental car, so when we finally got to the hotel around 3am we were in a pretty bad mood. Luckily we had no trouble checking in (can't recall if there was a resort fee but so many hotels charge one now that I likely wouldn't notice) and the front desk clerk on duty then was very friendly and polite, got us our room keys right away. I was expecting a package to be awaiting me, and although he couldn't find it there was a note that it was there, so at least they did have it. The rooms had a slightly musty odor, but were otherwise clean. LOVED the sleep number bed!! I had thought there was 24hr roomservice, but we couldn't locate a menu, and when we called the extension there was no answer so I guess not. In the morning, I woke up and called the front desk to ask for a late checkout, they only gave me an extra hour. OK, fine. Got the kids mobilized and went downstairs to get my package from the front desk clerk, took her some looking around but she did find it. I asked about roomservice (as I'd called again but again no answer) and she assured me they were open.... but then reminded me we only had 30min till checkout!! I told here we got in very late and will leave the rooms as soon as possible, and she responded that we HAD to be out of those rooms on time. Well, since they didn't swipe a card for incidentals, what did she think they were going to be able to do to me? We got our stuff together and out of the rooms right around the time we were supposed to, and there wasn't any housekeeping staff on our floor at all, let alone "waiting to get in there" as the clerk claimed. After packing everything in the car, we went back in through the lobby to get something to eat at the cafe; the clerk ask us if we are about to check out because she called her manager and was told she'd need to charge me another night if we weren't leaving then! I simply replied yes and place the keys on the counter. We then just got bottled drinks to go instead of breakfasting there as I did not feel like sitting where the clerk could continue to glower at us.
Hotel was fine, clean rooms, but they need to work on their staff's manners and policies regarding late checkouts.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank familydiva
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson International Drive we apologize for the experience at this hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Horrible horrible experience beyond definition! I went to Orlando with my family looking for a pleasant and fun trip and all we got was hell.

First when we got there we where told about a "resort fee" that i was never informed about before, would that hotel even be considered a resort? I think not! You are scammed to think the amenities are free only to be told by the front desk that the fee covers the amenities, so please don't advertise FREE amenities!

But the worse is yet to come, we drive in after a long day out only to find that there is no parking left and a mess of people sprawling everywhere drinking and smoking in the parking lot. Apparently the radisson decided it was a good idea to host an out of control party without any regard for it's guests. I was later told by another guest that the police had to show up that same night! And this is a place where a family is supposed stay with kids? Ridiculous!

Thank god we where checking out the next morning and didn't have to stay an extra night. There are plenty of hotels in the area that are more affordable and better run.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank CJ1968
LA
Reviewed January 30, 2011

The over all hotel was nice. My favorite was the sleep number beds and the food we ordered through room service. the cargo bay breakfast taste was very home made and my husband and i loved all of the ladies working there, they really treat you like family. didn't miss home a bit, would def come back next year!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and looking forward to your next visit with us next year.