“A gem”

Ranked #87 of 421 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Orlando Shakespeare Theater produces classic, contemporary, and children's plays providing innovative experiences that enrich our community.
Orlando, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Orlando Shakes has a great thing going with all the summer camps they provide for kids, season passes for theater-enthusiasts, and some of the best performances in Orlando. You'll enjoy everything about this place, from the scenic location, to the courteous staff inside... please don't miss this opportunity!

Visited July 2014

Chantilly, Virginia
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Charming small theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

We came to watch Julius Caesar which was acted by 7 brilliant actors who managed to look like 15 different actors. Mark Anthony's speech was fantastic. I took two teenagers who whilst not enthralled, did enjoy themselves and I thought it was marvelous. It is a small theatre so not a bad seat in the house. I would recommend eating at wolf cafe and parking just outside the theatre in the park. Parking is free. It took us about 35 minutes to get there from our hotel in the Disney area. I would highly recommend this theatre. They have student discounts.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Sushila N
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Something different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

We saw the play The True Story of the Three Little Pigs and it was very entertaining. We were on Spring Break and my child's school requires cultural events to be turned in. I took advantage of the fact that we would be traveling and I am so glad I came across this event and that it was during our stay in Orlando. The staff was very nice and could tell that we were not with the crowd of children that were there with their schools. The price was very reasonable and the play only lasted an hour. This was something that we normally don't do on our vacation but I am glad that we did.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Condra W
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Good theater, moldy air”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

The play acting was very good; we saw Pluto. The building houses more than one theater and it is pretty impressive. My only complaint is that there is a strong smell of mold or mildew in the theater itself which nearly took my breath away. I don't know if it is permanent or associated with some of the set but it really is a problem in my opinion.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Mark B
Casselberry, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fabulous Theater”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We attend all the performances at the Orlando Shakespeare theater that we can make. The acting is terrific and they take on different ad unusual performances. They just completed Nicholas Nickleby and even with as long as it was-I hated to see it end. Get a ticket-you will not be disappointed.

Visited March 2014