Countryside Inn & Suites
$208
$137
$122
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$189
$135
Agoda.com
$314
$255
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
Marriott
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
$615
$458
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront deskan extended stayenjoyed my stayhouse keepingfull kitchenrecommend this hotelhousekeepingyasminetileflorida
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My stay at country side inn has been great. My time here over the last several months. I have enjoyed it. They enjoy swimming in the pool, playing out side, riding their bikes and playing ball.wWe get along with every body and their kids. we have birthday partys and eat outs pool partys .
The Friendly service from the desk.. Alehandra Revera the front desk lady has gone out of the way to make sure That my Room and upgrades were available to me.. I I would stay here again...!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our attempted stay at the Countryside Inn & Suites occurred on July 6, 2013. Yes, attempted is the correct term.

My girlfriend and I first stopped at Countryside Inn because of their flashing red neon sign. We had driven from North Carolina that day and were hoping to find an inexpensive bed for the night before heading to Universal Studios the next day. We saw the sign on the side of Highway 4 just as we were getting into Orlando. The sign loudly proclaimed one-room prices of $39.97, so we pulled off the highway and into the parking lot. This was around 10:45 on a Saturday night.

Our first clue should have been the parking lot. The entrance was through a dilapidated archway, around a vacant lot and past an empty "guard booth" with a broken-off gate and a busted window. The whole lot was dimly-lit and signs everywhere proclaimed "Management NOT RESPONSIBLE for items left in vehicles"

We parked next to the main office and walked up to the bulletproof window. The clerk behind the desk was the next disappointment. When we arrived, she had the hotel phone on one ear and her personal cell phone on the other. She was speaking back and forth between both phones (though mostly on her personal phone) while she blatantly ignored the two of us. She eventually hung up the desk phone while continuing her personal call. She did take a break from the cell phone to ask me what I wanted (I should have said a pizza and left) and take my ID/credit card. While she was entering my information into the computer she continued her personal call, which finally ended when she handed me back my driver's license with two room keys. I had to ask her three times for my credit card back, while she repeatedly told me she'd already returned it (I could see it sitting on the counter).

Despite the posted $39.97 "guaranteed rate" on the highway sign, the rate for one room with a double bed was rung up as $49.97. After tax and a "cleaning fee", the charge came to $57.89.

At this point, another customer came in. I won't speculate here about this other woman or her business, but as we were leaving the office we clearly heard her negotiating "the rate for an hour or two" with the clerk.

Because we hadn't been given directions to our room, we wandered around the corner from the office and up a set of stairs to the first hall we could see. This hall had glass security doors on either end that would normally be accessible only after swiping your room key card. Which is a great security system, except for the fact that both of the doors were propped open with cinder blocks.

Things didn't improve once we were on the hall. The carpet was faded, dirty, and had holes in it. A couple of the doors were damaged on the outside, and one had a splintered frame like it had been busted in. We didn't find our room on this hall and we were beginning to get creeped out, so we headed back outside and around to the other building. The pool was situated in the middle of the buildings, and it did appear to be in decent shape. We didn't end up staying long enough to check it out in detail.

Our room was on the second floor, in a motel-style building facing the pool. We got up to the room and tried the first card key. It didn't work. While I was trying to get the door open, my girlfriend was looking into the room through the window. She expressed concern over what appeared to be mildew, stains, and cigarette burns on the curtains, as well as a full can of trash next to the dresser. When I tried the second key and it didn't work either (I double-checked the room number, just to be sure), we decided to seek out more acceptable accommodations.

Wen we came back into the office, another couple and their young son were also requesting a refund and checking out. While I filled out the paperwork given to me by the clerk, we chatted with the other family.

They reported a number of issues with their room. The husband said they found a full trash can in the room, cockroaches, a stain that he said looked like blood, and a bathroom floor so dirty that it made his socks black. His wife added that she'd seen a mouse, the TV was broken, and there were little black bugs on the bed. Their young son proudly pulled his shirt up to display the bites he'd gotten in the bed. We all received our refunds (I had to once again remind the clerk that she hadn't given me my credit card back) and quickly left.

Overall, the Countryside Inn & Suites fell so far below reasonable expectations that we were unable to stay for even one night. In thinking back over our experience, I have counted twelve distinct points at which we should have turned around and left. I am amazed that this hotel receives any business at all, considering there is a very clean-looking Comfort Inn right next door. The couple checking out at the same time as us were heading there for the remainder of their stay.

I wish I had stayed long enough to take pictures of everything I've written about here. Words simply do not do it justice.

POSTSCRIPT: We ended up driving all the way to Universal Studios that night, hoping to find a hotel with decent rates and a hot shower (the hot shower was the most important, considering the bites we saw on the child). We found a Day's Inn RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD from Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure for THE SAME PRICE as the Countryside. The Days Inn was wonderful, clean and well-lit. And it was only $58.42 a night after tax.

Room Tip: Do not stay here under any circumstances. There are so many better options in Orlando.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank EH23
Vincent R, Manager at Countryside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

I apologize for the front desk clerk that was unprofessional. She no longer works for the property and was relieved of her duties. I can assure you this is more the exception that the rule at our hotel. All in all, I'm glad you found acceptable conditions and enjoyed your time in Florida. Thank you, Mr. Hockenberger.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My stay at country side inn has been great. My kids enjoy it. They enjoy swimming in the pool, playing out side, riding their bikes and playing ball.wWe get along with every body and their kids. we have birthday partys and eat outs pool partys fourth of july fire works laborday cookouts and easter egg hunts

Room Tip: higher floors have lrss a/c unit niose
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed in many suites but countryside inn&suites was a great experience for my family and i would love to stay again the works are so friendly and nice the place is well kept thank u for a wounderful experience .

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I just wanted to put in a review for my stay.. At the time I had no where else to go and countryside was available at the time.. Although I wanted a weekly stay & they didn't have any they were there. Hoping I can have a great experienc during my stay..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo