“Had a great time and good seafood”

Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #259 of 3,827 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Della Drive
Description: Big Fin was named Restuarant of the Year 2013, 2014 & 2015 by Expedia Local Experts and also Best Seafood Restaurant in Orlando (Orlando Sentinel Foodie Awards Critic's Choice). Big Fin is one of the only locally onwed and operated restaurants of it's size. Global Fresh Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks, Chicken & Pasta. Sushi/Raw bar. Bar-A-Cuda covered Patio bar and dining featuring an upscale casual atmosphere. Private dining rooms available for up to 80 guests. Big Fin Seafood Kitchen opened on December 1, 2009 at the Dellagio Town Center along Restaurant Row and has already become a favorite among the locals, Conventioneers and tourists alike. Private Dining Rooms are available to host Group Dinners, Meetings, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday & Anniversary celebrations or cocktail receptions! Complimentary Valet Parking!!!
Merritt Island, Florida
“Had a great time and good seafood”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were told by a friend that we may want to try another place in Orlando that was more "happening" than this place. He was wrong. We all thought this place had a good atmosphere for friends to hang out and enjoy a good dinner. We had the Stone Crab Claws and they were amazing. We also had the King Crab Claws and they were also great. We tried some Oysters from all over and they went from good to excellent. There were a couple of duds on the menu. The sushi was heavy on the rice and quality of the actual fish was just ok. The oysters baked with butter and parmesan and also with bacon and jalapeno were a big disappointment. It was obvious the quality of those oysters was far off from the ones that were served raw. I have had many of the baked ones in New Orleans and they are amazing. It was disappointing but they removed them from our bill when we sent them back. The service was very good. We had two servers and they didn't miss a beat and seemed to be genuinely concerned that we had a good dining experience. The wine list is fairly extensive. Sometimes you get to a place like this and they don't pay much attention to the wine. Usually just have a couple bottles of each varietal just to say that have it. I would definitely go back again.

London, United Kingdom
“Turns out I do not like lobster!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went here after a recommendation inside the brit guide. All staff throughout the night were very helpful and friendly and the fact most of my main was left untouched was simply because I never tried lobster before and despite me not being a fussy eater, thought it was disgusting (to the relief of my husband who was worried I might develop an expensive taste)

The scallops starter were really nice. I saw someone else comment on there only being 3 scallops on here but it is a starter and the rice and beans do actually fill you up quite a bit.
I did not like the seasoning on the new potatoes which was very salty and would never have added it myself. The ooey gooey cake made up for it though.

The place isn't cheap though. Despite the Lobster being on offer on Monday's, we did end up spending more than $100 for the 2 of us.

Celebration, Florida
“Amazing!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The food was fantastic and our server, Mike was very attentive & accommodating. The special, which Mike recommended, was amazing. We will definitely be back!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“overrated and over priced”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

As submitted , I would not recommend this restaurant expensive and overrated . I found it impersonal and staff bullish.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Robert B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Over rated and overpriced”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Hi
I read Tripadvisor for good restaurants in Orlando when we visited this September.
The reviews for "Bigfin" were good so off we went.
I found the restaurant to be big and impersonal .
The waiter was very helpful , friendly and knowledgeable
I ordered Scallops followed by a new York steak (as recommended by the waiter)
The three...!! scallops were bedded on a mess of rice black beans and sweet corn (awful) and the tough tasteless steak was inedible and was sent back.
Their idea of vegetables accompanying were green beans...???
I complained and as a replacement a Fillet steak arrived and on arrival it was, ok
We spent a few dollars there but the food alone ( just 2 of us ) cost us $145.
In my opinion this was an overpriced over rated experience and I would suggest you give it a miss.
This is my personal opinion on a visit to Bigfin, , but my girlfriend was also unimpressed

• Visited September 2013