“Fabulous seafood at Big Fin”

Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #221 of 3,894 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Della Drive
Description: Big Fin was named Restuarant of the Year 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 by Expedia Local Experts and also Best Seafood Restaurant in Orlando (Orlando Sentinel Foodie Awards Critic's Choice). Big Fin is one of the only locally onwed and operated restaurants of it's size. Global Fresh Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks, Chicken & Pasta. Sushi/Raw bar. Bar-A-Cuda covered Patio bar and dining featuring an upscale casual atmosphere. Private dining rooms available for up to 80 guests. Big Fin Seafood Kitchen opened on December 1, 2009 at the Dellagio Town Center along Restaurant Row and has already become a favorite among the locals, Conventioneers and tourists alike. Private Dining Rooms are available to host Group Dinners, Meetings, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday & Anniversary celebrations or cocktail receptions! Complimentary Valet Parking!!!
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We really treated ourselves when we went to Big Fin Seafood Kitchen while we were vacationing in Orlando. We really wanted sushi - and they delivered wonderful California king roll to get us started. The sesame seared tuna was cooked perfectly. I had the scallop Orleans - which was a little spicy - but delicious nonetheless. Our only regret from this meal was that we couldn't sample a little bit of everything - it all looked and smelled delicious!
Our waiter made us feel like we were his only table. He recommended choices, sought our opinion and needs regularly, and even interacted with our daughter.

2  Thank PrincessInArmor

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We returned to Big Fin for Magical Dining on a Tuesday. We were warmly welcomed by the Mgr Eddie and immediately seated outside (our request) on a beautiful evening. Our server, Julie, came over quickly to introduce herself and give us the Magical Dining menu. My husband & I each ordered something different (so we could trade and enjoy the best of two dishes). I thoroughly enjoyed the 6 plump grilled oysters while he had the delicious Steakhouse Sushi roll, quite a large portion. My Grouper Orleans served over spinach, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and crawfish grits was out of this world. The second entrée, Mahi Piccata served with garlic mashed potatoes, very thin fresh green beans and capers was also really good. We were able to make it to our desserts, Ooey Gooey (my husband couldn't resist the name) and Key Lime pie which were perfect endings for this wonderful meal. We were able to bring our own wine and just pay a small corkage charge. Throughout the meal, Julie checked to see if everything was to our liking without being obtrusive. She was extremely personable and a real asset to this restaurant.

1  Thank cruzluvers
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Big Fin was recommended to our group by a friend and he was right. We were seated in the bar area which was a little cramped ,my only complain,t and it was loud but so is our group so it was fine. Everything about our meal was good, drinks oysters,stone crab. Crab topped grouper was cooked to perfection. Add in some wine and the price will get up there but this place earned a repeat visit next time I am in Orlando.

1  Thank TommyWIS
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We dined at Big Fin for Magical Dining, a set price 3 course menu. We enjoy a bottle of wine with dinner and when we asked for the wine list, the waiter handed it to my husband and stood right at the table until I asked him to give us a few minutes. My husband likes to take some time to peruse the wine list and we wanted some time to discuss our options without the waiter standing right at the table.

I ordered the lobster and filet and was asked if I'd like to upgrade to a 10 oz filet for $14.95 more. No thank you, the 3 course dinner as on the menu is plenty for me. My husband ordered a filet and was asked if he'd like to add a lobster tail for $14.95 extra. My husband doesn't eat lobster. We are adults and know what we would like for dinner and I find the attempt to upsell to a more expensive entree vulgar and unnecessary.

My husband had the prime rib sushi rolls for an appetizer, which were very interesting and consisted of prime rib rolled in rice with a spicy horseradish mayo and served with soy sauce, wasabi, and ginger, such as seafood sushi would be served. He enjoyed this, but found it very spicy. My salad was fine, but a bit overgenerous with onions. Next time, I'd order it without onions.

The entrees were served with asparagus and mashed potatoes. I don't eat potatoes so asked to have them left off of my plate. The waiter misunderstood and told me that the magical dining menu did not allow substitutions. That's fine, not asking for a substitution, just asking that you not serve me potatoes. I must say that the waiter's attitude left a lot to be desired. There was just a certain attitude, perhaps because we were dining from the magical dining menu? This is not the way to bring customers back into a restaurant.

The steak and lobster, as well as the butter for the lobster, were lukewarm. The food tasted good, but it would have been nice if it had been served hot.

My husband's dessert was a peanut butter pie that tasted just like a warm peanut butter cookie. This was very good, but I must say if they had added chocolate chips to the pie, it would have gone from good to great!! I had the dessert of the day, which was a chocolate shell filled with a rich chocolate hazelnut pudding. This was very good.

Food was good, but could have been great if served at the right temperature. The service could have been greatly improved by having a gracious waiter who did not try to upsell.

2  Thank pcrum
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Visited Big Fin with friends for Magical Dining. Group of 7, drinks and appetizers came along fine, entree took over 30 minutes. Waitress explained it was only 17 minutes from the time of the "appertizers". She also recommended a $125 bottle of wine as the best choice for the table. Food was very good but the service and this particular waitress left much to be desired.

1  Thank Pat W