“DE-LI-CIOUS!”

Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #268 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Della Drive
Description: Big Fin was named Restuarant of the Year 2013, 2014 & 2015 by Expedia Local Experts and also Best Seafood Restaurant in Orlando (Orlando Sentinel Foodie Awards Critic's Choice). Big Fin is one of the only locally onwed and operated restaurants of it's size. Global Fresh Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks, Chicken & Pasta. Sushi/Raw bar. Bar-A-Cuda covered Patio bar and dining featuring an upscale casual atmosphere. Private dining rooms available for up to 80 guests. Big Fin Seafood Kitchen opened on December 1, 2009 at the Dellagio Town Center along Restaurant Row and has already become a favorite among the locals, Conventioneers and tourists alike. Private Dining Rooms are available to host Group Dinners, Meetings, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday & Anniversary celebrations or cocktail receptions! Complimentary Valet Parking!!!
Saint Louis, Missouri
“DE-LI-CIOUS!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great atmosphere, wonderful service, and yummy food. If you like crab legs, definitely order them here!

Visited February 2013

Lake Leelanau, Michigan
“!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We realized that Stone Crab Claws were in season in Florida during our recent visit, but we were unsure whether we could get good ones in Orlando. So, I began a search and this restaurant looked promising.

Was it ever! They had stone crab claws in 5 different sizes! I ordered the "Super Colossal" size. A picture is attached. I included in the picture a salt and pepper shaker so you can get an idea of the size of the claws by comparison. And these were not the biggest! The biggest are their "Titans."

Well the claws were great. Also great is an appetizer they call "Buffalo Oysters." I didn't care much for the "Buffalo" part of the dish, which is supposed to be a take on Buffalo chicken wings. Essentially what they did was put a bit of shredded lettuce on the plate and then sprinkle a hot sauce on the lettuce. They then placed fried oysters on top of the lettuce. The combination didn't really work, as the hot sauce did not come into play in the taste unless you ate the lettuce. But this hardly mattered. The fried oysters were beyond excellent and their were a lot of them. They were great. If asked by the owner, I would recommend that they just sell the dish as fried oysters and offer hot sauce on the side. But regardless, the fried oysters were some of the best I've had.

My wife had the New England clam chowder and it was excellent also. The chowder was so packed with clams you could literally use a fork to eat them.

If you can eat dessert after all the appetizers and crab claws, their key lime pie and ice cream sandwich are well worth the effort. Excellent.

The one disappointment was the mac and cheese side. It obviously had been sitting under a heat lamp for some time waiting for someone to take ownership. The cheese had congealed in the bottom of the dish and the mac part was stuck together in a glob on top. I doubt this was normal as it was almost inedible.

The atmosphere fits the Orlando area. The restaurant is huge, with a towering ceiling that makes for a very loud and "New Yorky" type vibrancy. There is also a very nicely done outdoor, elevated patio on which to eat. On the night we were there in Feb it was nippy and the overhead heaters worked wonderfully to bring just the right bit of warmth to the dinner.

Jeans were fine (this is Orlando, after all) and the place is family friendly (although I saw no babies there).

There were all kinds of other seafood available if stone crab claws are not what you are interested in, including king crab legs of various sizes. So, if seafood is your thing, this is a place to go!

Homer, New York, United States
“Outstanding!!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

In the space of 5 days we ate here twice!!! Service is impeccable; food was delicious!! The first night 4 of us dined: scallops which the person said were the best she had eaten; a fried seafood dinner (bay scallops and sea scallops, shrimp lightly breaded and fried, not oily) was shared by two others of us -- and they couldn't finish!! I had grouper topped with crabmeat -- succulent. Soda and iced tea were replaced before the first was completely finished -- without asking!

The 2nd night two of us went for their "Lobster Monday" -- ah, felt and tasted as if one was on Cape Cod.... and the price was great: $13.99 for a 1.5 pound lobster; $16.99 for a 1.5 pound lobster and corn on the cob and boiled potatoes. Had we been here a 2nd Monday, we would have had this again!!

Orlando, Florida
“Decent Seafood restaurant”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was recently here on a Saturday night. Upon entering, I found the checkered tablecloths to be somewhat reminiscent of more casual seafood restaurants in New England. The menu had many choices, but not quite as many entree options as I would have expected. We started with the mussels in the red sauce, and they were excellent, It was a large portion for an appetizer that it could actually be a main course. The sea scallops I chose were broiled and had a great taste. By the time, we had finished neither one of us had room for dessert. The prices here are in line with any restaurant serving seafood.

• Visited January 2013
Celebration, Florida
“Anniversary Suprise”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My daughter joined my wife and me to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary at the Big Fin. Judging by the high ratings things were a bit surprising.
My wife and daughter ordered Martinis up and I had a Mojito. The Martinis were very watered down and my Mojito was nothing short of terrible. The mint and lime were in very poor shape (decomposing) and very weak. Only drank a few sips.
Oysters on the half shell were tiny and tasteless. As for the cocktail sauce, the horseradish and ketchup were separate; the horseradish had a strong nasty flavor. The roasted oysters were also tiny and tasted strong and fishy.
The blackened jumbo shrimp served with mashed potatoes with garlic and sautéed spinach ($2 upcharge) would have been OK had it not been for the fact that there was enough salt on everything for three meals.
Being it was an anniversary celebration we had planned on having a more extensive meal however, after having the bad drinks and terrible oysters, I just wanted to cut our losses and get out. We had a comfortable table outside and the service was good. However, I will not be going back anytime soon.
P.S. Normally I would have made a complaint, however being that we just wanted nice quiet evening, I held my tongue.