“Favorite Dining Experience at DW and Character meal to boot”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Garden Grove

The Garden Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
The Garden Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #897 of 3,762 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The SWAN and DOLPHIN resorts are not Disney properties, but are in DisneyWorld. Both have excellent restaurants and are included in the Disney transportation routes.
Saint Louis
“Favorite Dining Experience at DW and Character meal to boot”
Reviewed October 27, 2010

This is a Character meal offered only a few evenings a week and is located at the Swan Hotel just outside Epcot. You exit Epcot near "France" and take a boat shuttle over to the Hotel. We were able to book a dinner reservation the same day. The food is a seafood buffet and the kids buffet is the standard kids food you see at DW, mini corn dogs, nuggets, mac n cheese, corn, 3-4 dessert choices - Our son loved it. Bonus the kids meal here is only 12.99 + 3.00 for a drink unless you order water.
The restaurant is quiet and has a relaxed, sophisticated atmosphere. There weren't many people there when we arrived around 5ish but started to fill more by the time we left.
The seafood buffet has a moderate sized selection of food: snow crab, peel and eat shrimp, clam chowder, sea food risotto, skirt steak, grilled chicken, crab pasta, fresh fruit, and there are other items that were very good as well. My spouse thought the food was excellent. The dessert bar was awesome. I made myself sick eating 3 chocolate mousse desserts. There were other fruit desserts as well.
The characters we saw were from the Lion King, Timon and Rafiki. My son isn't as familiar with them but he didn't care and was still thrilled to see and interact with them. Timon came back to our table several times.
It was our favorite dining experience we've had to date. Mainley because it felt like we were in a real restaurant eating food that seemed worth the price, and also because there were characters present which is mainly why you spend that much in the first place at DW. I would totally recommend this place to anyone seeking a character dining experience. Just watch Lion King at home first.

1 Thank greenhorn33

• Korean first
Long Island, New York
“OK FOR LUNCH”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I had two hours to kill while my kids were at one of the parks, and decided to treat myself to a nice lunch. Someone recommended the Garden Grove so off I went. I had a grilled chicken sandwich and it was pleasant enough, but after asking for a small side salad instead of the usual fries, the waiter very solemnly said "I'm sorry Ma'am, but there's an upcharge to do that" Seriously? $3.00 to get washed lettuce instead of fried potatoes? I almost laughed - he looked almost embarrassed to have to tell me, but whatever. The warm pretzel bread and Heinz mustard that came upon being seated was a pleasant and welcome surprise. Overall it was fine for a lunch.

Orlando, Florida
“Delicious gourmet”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Wow, located in the Swan this restauant is gourmet all the way. From the buffet set up to the desserts fabulous! They even have Disney characters every night. We had goofy and chip from chip and dale. I highly recommend based on value which is 33 for adults and 13 for 3 and up.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Liked it but pricey with $12 parking!”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Go for the character dining, food not bad, service good but still expensive for what it is and then had to pay $12 to park!