“Awesome character buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Garden Grove

The Garden Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
The Garden Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #897 of 3,762 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The SWAN and DOLPHIN resorts are not Disney properties, but are in DisneyWorld. Both have excellent restaurants and are included in the Disney transportation routes.
Middletown, NY
“Awesome character buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

After seeing some of the reviews, i'll preface this one by saying I went on a friday for the seafood buffet. Delicious, fantastic, i freakin loved it! Pluto came by twice, two chippendale chipmunks came by once, and minnie came by once. The characters were great with my toddler and took a bunch of pictures with us. Back to the food .... Great food on the buffet line and one lobster per person they bring to ur table that was .... Well i guess delicious fits here too. Our waiter was great and everyone i observed se to be enjoying themselves at the place! If ur looking for a character meal, this place is the place to be on their buffet day!

1 Thank Acamalicious

• Korean first
Braselton, Georgia
“SO OVERPRICED!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food was really very good and the service by Kate was outstanding, but over a hundred bucks for 2 adults and a 3 yr old for a character dinner with Goofy and Pluto? Are you kidding? AND we had to ask the hostess stand if they were going to come by our table after 45 minutes...when I was about to get dessert. Granted, the entrees came with 3 sides, a salad/soup/dessert bar BUT no drinks. A child apple juice was four dollars and her mac and cheese was eighteen. Glad she had a great time, we will NOT be back here for any meal!

4 Thank arcarter
NJ
“typical Disney restaurant ripoff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

i find it hard to believe that many Disney World visitors don't feel the same way I do about eating at Disney: the unconscionable prices paid at the restaurants leave such a bad taste in my mouth (pun intended) that they literally ruin the rest of the trip. Case in point: Garden Grove at the Swan Hotel. This was the only character dinner I could book that fit our schedule and could seat my wife and 5 kids. The first major disappointment was getting handed the menus, which limited the choices to only 3 options for the kids and 4 for the adults. We checked the menu online before going, and they had all kinds of the usual fare listed, but when we got there, we only had 4 options, the cheapest of which was $30, beverage not included. The kids menu was even worse: spaghetti, flatbread pizza, or mac and cheese, all for $18 each. I spent nearly $100 on 5 crappy kids dinners that they complained about and barely ate, except for the mac and cheese. I won't waste any more of my time on this miserable meal that set me back over $200 but it goes a long way towards canceling out all the fun my kids have at the parks and makes my wife and I think twice about coming to Disney again.

2 Thank challmers
Springfield, Missouri, USA
“Service and Desserts were the only good things for me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was our first meal after getting into town. We were starving! I opened the menu to find a total of four different main entre choices, none of which sounded like anything I wanted to eat. We almost left, but had ordered drinks and didn't want to create any scene.. The choices were: prime rib, organic chicken, salmon or chefs veggie mess. It was neat seeing the characters, but like any character experience on site, you get clobbered with expensive meals that usually aren't that good. Our server did a great job and was on top of things. The desserts were good as well. But then again, for the $150 ticket, including to $18 kids meals that were pretty sad, the service should be good. I got the potato hash as a side and it was a pretty sorry looking round thing on my plate that tasted worse.

2 Thank DoubleSecretProbatio
Stuart, Florida
“Great selections & fresh flakey pastries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Although we dined like royalty the night before, we thought we might be able to squeeze a few more calories to "fuel" up for the drive home. Buffets can be hit or miss especially if warm to hot food is preferred, however the Garden Grove remedies that concern by offering eggs, any style, made to order. I couldn't contain myself with the selection of fresh fruits, cereals, yogurt as well as pastries, croissants, home fries, sausage links, bacon and the rest of those less than healthy, but oh so got to have items you crave. Did I mention the pastries? Fresh with a capital F, not made ahead, frozen and then thawed. Truly sinful, you can't stop at one, so have 3 or 4 or more. Starting diet soon! Adult buffet is $21.99 per person and includes coffee or tea and juice. Definitely more economical than ala carte, perhaps harder on your tummy, though.

Visited October 2013