“Great Food, Service and then there's the Disney Characters, too!”
Review of The Garden Grove

The Garden Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
The Garden Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #760 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The SWAN and DOLPHIN resorts are not Disney properties, but are in DisneyWorld. Both have excellent restaurants and are included in the Disney transportation routes.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We ate breakfast there on Sunday morning so we could see the Disney Characters. My wife had never been and I felt it would be a nice touch for her; she loved it. The food was excellent, the service was fantastic and the price no higher than the other breakfast options at the hotels. You will have to pay, though; not cheap. The characters are always eager to have you get your pictures made with them; my wife was pleasantly impressed.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I make a special reservation for my niece's birthday every year. Last year was the Cinderella Dinner at 1900 Park Fare and that was amazing. This year, I chose Garden Grove and I wish I hadn't. First, the dinner takes place at the Swan hotel which is not owned by Disney and you could tell by how rude the employees were. I pulled up and asked where the parking was and if there was free parking for annual pass holders (almost all Disney events offer free parking for pass holders). The attendant simply said no but was unaware that the rest of my family was in the car behind me with their windows down. As they passed, they heard him saying, "Who the f*** gets free parking ANYWHERE!?" Thanks for teaching my 5 year old niece the f* word! Then, I told the manager who didn't seem to care but at least tried to act like she did. I was told several times that this was not a Disney-run dinner, but the quality told me that all by itself.
There were two characters for the whole dinner. Pluto and Goofy. Thats it. Coming from the other Disney dinners where you meet at least five, that was horrible. The food wasn't bad but it wasn't delicious. The restaurant was completely empty and I understand why. The people coming in as we left were in their pjs. The whole thing was way over rated and I wish I would have been told that it wasn't Disney before I made reservations.

My niece was very sad that there weren't characters but I'll make it up to her next year. It costs as much, maybe slightly more than the Cinderella dinner where you're treated like a real princess. Take your kids to 1900 Park Fare. :)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

As part of our Swan breakfast package through AAA we enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Swan's Garden Grove restaurant. Fresh omelets are available, as well as hot and cold cereals, pastries, bagels pancakes, waffles - a great selection. One would not leave hungry!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We liked this breakfast and dinner buffet so much that we ate more then half our meals here. They do not accept Disney meal plan but we didn't opt for that anyway. Very nice servers with a wonderful variety of good, good food.

1  Thank DICKKEIM
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have been going to Swan & Dolphin for years but just discovered the Garden Grove this past May. The location is tucked away at the end of a hall so it isn't readily seen. Food is one of the better buffets for quality. Staff is attentive and friendlly, kudos to Shirley,Bruce, Sue, Micah, and Robert. Can always get a seat quickly as it doesn't seem to be well promoted by management. if you're not staying at Swan or Dolphin be sure to ask for a parking voucher when you pay your bill. They are available but apparently they are top-secret. Another point managment could turn to the restaurant's advantage but doesn't. Best bang for the buck on property.Definitely the best breakfasts too.

2  Thank Steve L