“nice atmosphere...and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cityfish - CLOSED

Cityfish
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Orlando, Florida
“nice atmosphere...and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed raw oysters and a few seafood dishes that were cooked to perfection.Our waitress was friendly and attentive as well.Will go back as often as possible.

• Visited February 2013

BirminghamAL
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was back in Orlando for another business trip and this has been and will remain, in my opinion, one of the best seafood restaurants I have ever visited. Two of us went there one evening. As usual, they were busy but we were seated almost immediately. Although it was January, the weather was warm enough that we could eat outside. Our waitress was extremely attentive and knew the menu -- that always helps. Their Chef made continual rounds to personally assure that everything was fixed just as each customer wanted. You could tell that he truly appreciated our business.

They had the 50 cent oysters and I had a dozen steamed to share at my table. They were done promptly and this time had three different sauces to go with them (a house sauce, horseradish, and an excellent cocktail sauce). Even though they were huge, I wish I had ordered more.

I had the scallops and my colleague had the rainbow trout. Both were done to perfection. The scallops had were broiled in a dish with bread crumbs on the top and a light butter sauce. The two red potatoes were boiled. The chef said he had just changed the succotash recipe and I tried it. It had a blend of limas, corn, and fried okra. Excellent. The Rainbow trout came with a choice of seasonings. I don't remember what my colleague chose but it was very good. The chef's new recipe for hush puppies were even better than before, if that is possible.

They no longer have a key lime pie, but instead have a dessert made out of Key Lime Pie ice cream. It was enough for two and we loved every bite.

It is a neighborhood restaurant, so the prices aren't as expensive as the tourist trap resturants. However, they are a bit more expensive than the "chains" because all of their fish is fresh. The menu of fish changes daily according to the "catch of the day."

For me, this is a "must" place for me to eat every time I come to Orlando for a business meeting, and it still is.

• Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Service and Yummy Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

In Downtown Orlando you can get stuffy and overpriced or mediocre and boring - This was neither. Casual cute atmosphere laid back service ( they did not blink twice that we brought an 11 year boy) and great food. Several of us ordered the snow crab - my son icluded they came with perfectly cooked hush puppies and this wonderful warm sucatash with bacon and fried oysters PLUS red bliss potatoes! My husband and father order pastat dishes that were creamy and pleasantly full of seafood. We all enjoyed our dining experience and will go back again. Well done!

• Visited January 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great appetizers!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had lunch here...we did just appetizers. The fried pickles are awesome. Loved the crab dip too. Everything we ordered was really good!

Visited January 2013
new york
“laid back and fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Good local fish, well prepared. Laid back atmosphere. Reasonably priced. Nice area (thornton Park). Service is knowledgable and attentive.

• Visited November 2012