“Delicious food, convenient location”

El Patron Restaurante Mexicano
Reserve with OpenTable
El Patron Restaurante Mexicano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #353 of 3,827 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 535 and Palm Parkway
Description: Steeped in a culture rich with history and customs, El Patron, a family owned restaurant, serves traditional Mexican dishes such as Tacos, Enchiladas, Burritos and Fajitas alongside house specialties such as Pork Chop Al Pastor, Carne Asada and Ossobucco Carnitas. We feature over 70 different tequilas and a number of signature margaritas in addition to a full beer, wine and liquor bar.Food is probably the most important element of Mexican culture. It is often said that "cuisine is culture" so join us for that incredible experience of eating homemade Mexican food.
Casselberry, Florida
“Delicious food, convenient location”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I ate here twice while staying at the Fairfield Inn. The food did not disappoint. The menu is a little different than your average Tex-Mex restaurant. It's a bit more authentic, I think, and includes more interesting ingredients and spices. For instance, you can order your regular ground beef tacos or enchiladas, but the restaurant clearly is aiming higher. The tacos include more interesting fillings, such as (I'm quoting the menu here): beef short rib with ancho chile sauce, queso fresco and pickled red onions; braised pork with herbs, citrus and mexican spices, topped with cilantro, white onions,queso fresco and avocado salsa; and even duck breast with a guajillo chili and pineapple sauce, topped with mango and pineapple salsa.

I chose the Adobo Grilled Chicken tacos. As stated on the menu, the grilled chicken chunks are topped with pico de gallo,queso fresco and avocado salsa. They were outstanding.

The only night that I stuck with traditional fare--a taco salad--I was not disappointed per se', but the meal wasn't anything special. Just your usual Tex-Mex taco salad. My daughter ordered cheese and onion enchiladas, even though the only enchiladas on the menu contain meat. They were excellent, largely because of the green sauce and pico that topped them. Delish.

Drinks were pretty typical. I had a margarita one night, and it tasted very good, albeit a little too watery. Again, not that big a surprise. (Could have been because of melting ice. It was on the rocks and had lots of ice.)

Overall, I'd go back to El Patron in a heartbeat. However, I'd stick to their more complex food and let them show their stuff.

For the record, on both occasions that I visited, the restaurant handled numerous large parties. The atmosphere is nonetheless very laid back and relaxing.

• Visited August 2013

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Good Food”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The waitress we had was very good. The food was very tasty. Service was fast and the restaurant was very clean. We would visit again. The portion sizes were perfect.

1 Thank Geanine
Orlando, Florida
“Mexican Food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a group of friends, some of whom had previously visited the restaurant. We went on a Sunday evening, and had no problems getting a table for 6. The server was nice, but spent a lot of time pushing the margaritas. The chips and salsa were fantastic!

I had the chicken taco with corn tortillas. I told the server when we sat down that I have a wheat allergy, and I couldn't have the flour tortillas. I got what I thought were corn tortillas with my tacos (which were cold when I got them), but apparently they were a flour and corn mixture. My friends all had various items (burritos, chimichangas, and fajitas), and they all enjoyed their food. My friends who had visited the restaurant before noticed that the dinner menu is significantly more expensive than the lunch menu, but the portion sizes were the same for lunch and dinner. Also, the restaurant wasn't very full, but it took half an hour from when we ordered to get our food. The server apologized for the wait, but we couldn't see what took so long to get our food in a mostly empty restaurant.

I would recommend this restaurant, but only to people who don't have food allergies.

Visited July 2013
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were a little tired of the resort priced food so we looked for a Mexican restaurant close to where we were staying. Using the GPS, El Patron was one of three Mexican restaurants that popped up and the only "non-chain" restaurant. The service was quick and very friendly. The food was delicious! We love finding family-owned local gems when we travel and El Patron is definitely one of those.

1 Thank Cindy N
Stoney Creek Ontario
“Amazing authentic Mexican meal!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Wonderful service, fabulous food! So much value for the money! We were so impressed with everything. And the owner came by to make sure everything was perfect. We will be dining again!!

• Visited July 2013