“Tripadvisor Reviews Were Right - Great Place!”
Review of Azteca D'Oro

Azteca D'Oro
Ranked #458 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Azteca D'Oro As authentic ambassadors of our culture and culinary arts, we want to offer the public the best of our cuisine, keeping alive the legendary Mexican flavor.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

After reading the positive Tripadvisor reviews, my wife and I tried dinner at Azteca D'Oro on South Orange Blossom Trail. We were glad we did. It was great. The restaurant was crowded; but, we were seated quickly. Our server, Maria, was immediately on the scene and did a fantastic job. Our entrees were delicious ... my wife had a seafood chimachanga which reminded her of the ones she always enjoyed in the past at Chi-Chi's before they closed. An added treat was the Mariachi band strolling among the tables. Bottom-line, we had fun, a great dinner, and will definitely return.

1  Thank TennesseeTraveler420
There are newer reviews for Azteca D'Oro

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were searching for a Mexican restaurant in Orlando (who knew there'd be a scarcity of them in what seems like the "restaurant capital of Florida"?), and literally stumbled upon Azteca d'Oro on South Orange Blossom Trail at about 9:30pm on the Friday night of Cinco de Mayo weekend 2013! The place was absolutely packed, but we were immediately seated.

Our drink orders were taken, and we ordered the Mojo de Ajo shrimp appetizer, Carne Asada, and a "combination plate" consisting of a tamale, chile relleno, and a chimichanga. We didn't wait long at all before the appetizer arrived.

I was really surprised at the appetizer. We only ordered the half-pound version (they will serve a full pound!), and what arrived was a platter with a steaming heap of sauteed shrimp and fresh mushrooms (quartered and sliced) in a garlic sauce with a side of pico de gallo. Absolutely perfect! That alone (with my 24oz. mug of Negra Modelo -- on tap!) almost filled me up. Our entrees arrived, and again, they were excellent. My Carne Asada was tender and had great flavor; my wife's combination plate was also, according to her, exactly what she wanted and perfectly prepared. She also noted that this is the first time she can remember that she was able to order all three of her favorites on the same platter. Both meals were served with a choice of beans, and rice. Azteca d'Oro offers several types of beans (traditional refried, cholesterol-free refried, or black beans) and either Mexican or "white" rice, as accompaniments. Being somewhat "traditionalist," we had the traditional refried beans and Mexican rice. Both were very good.

Unfortunately, after such a meal, we had no room for dessert, but we did have coffee -- which was also great.

Overall, this restaurant did a fantastic job of accommodating a couple of "late arrivals" on a busy Friday night on a holiday weekend. It was packed with several large parties, people picking up "to go" orders, and that kitchen was "hoppin'! The vast majority of the clientele seemed to be Latino/a, which is always a great indication of well prepared ethnic cuisine, and that's what we search for when eating "out of our own culture." Finally, I was really pleased to see one of my favorite Mexican beers, Negra Modelo, "on tap" -- a rare treat!

You can be certain that we'll remember this place the next time we're in Orlando. By far, it was the best meal we had all weekend.

1  Thank Florida_advice
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The service is always so good. The food is yummy. We were celebrating my sisters birthday and they put a big hat on her head and sang a Spanish birthday song. Lots of fun.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Although it was Cinco de Mayo weekend, this restaurant although busy had great service! There were very few booths/tables available so I sat at the bar. The patrons were very friendly and the server was quick to recognize and take my drink order. I then ordered my food and although it took awhile, it did arrive hot and looked impressive. The food was very tasty and I enjoyed my visit.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Best Mexican restaurant in Orlando!! The food is so fresh and tastes great. Quick and friendly service.