“Mmm mmm!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Mmm mmm!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We went 3 times, waitresses lovely and friendly, fab food & priced. Would recommend to every one x x x

Visited June 2013

• Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Clermont
“really that high”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

its really not that good avg at best service is good this an average italian chain try carrabas instead

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Junior12
Corona del Mar, CA
“Poor excuse for Italian food”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've never had a good meal at Olive Garden other than the Express Lunch of Soup, Salad & Breadsticks.

Why do I go back? In some cases it is because I am with people who want to go, but in the case of this Olive Garden it was for the sole purpose of reviewing it fairly. Part of me always hopes that the food will be as good as the ads on TV make it look, but it never is.

I was staying at the Peabody Orlando for a conference and convinced a colleague to go with me and give this OG a try.

Things started off well, we were seated relatively quickly, 15 minutes, our waitress was perky and prompt and knew her menu well. We started off with appetizers of the Sicilian Scampi and Friend Calamari that we split. The scampi was well cooked, but the sauce was thin and lacked the richness you want from a scampi sauce. The calamari was the opposite, the calamari was overcooked so it was rubbery, but the breading and dipping sauce was okay.

For a main I asked for the simplest thing you can get in an Italian restaurant, capellini with butter & garlic. The garlic was undercooked, the capellini overcooked and the butter thin. How can you take away butter's richness? I don't know, they did.

My companion tried the Steak Gorgonzola-Alfredo and I tried a bite. The steak was cooked well, medium rare, but the steak itself just lacked flavor and the sauce was okay, but would have been better as a Gorgonzola sauce alone.

The meal's highlight was the wine list, or more precisely the prices on the wine list. Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay at $37 a bottle is pretty reasonable and even better, almost all the wines are available by the glass.

Service was top notch, Jessica was great, friendly and efficient. I just wish she had better food to serve.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank scottca075
Huddersfield
“Fabulous food and plenty of it!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Went into olive garden after queueing elsewhere for far too long!
Was told a 35 min wait, ended up only waiting 10. Ordered our drinks at the bar from a very helpful bartender and ordered within a few minutes of being sat down. I ordered the egg plant parmigiana and my boyfriend ordered the mixed grill and lasagne.
We were brought lovely warm garlic breadsticks, salad and soup to start, on the house. This is normal in olive garden and i found it a great touch. The breadsticks were to die for!
My main was nice, not the best i had while in america but still more than adequate, my boyfriend felt the same.
Our waiter was very attentive and the atmosphere in the restaurant was perfect.
We will definitely visit next time we are in orlando!

Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant on International drive. I may be biased since I love Italian Food. There were good choices on the menu and the waitress offered some suggestions on the drinks. The first one I tasted I did not like and she offered to make me another one, even though I was only charged for one. I also love their salads and soups. I would definitely recommend this restaurant not only for the food but also for the ambiance and friendly staff.

• Visited April 2013