“Amazing Pizza in Orlando”

Proccolino's Pizzeria
Ranked #1,060 of 3,862 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were spending a quick night in Orlando before heading back home to Toronto and needed to find a place for dinner. Our hotel had an ad for Proccolino's in their guest guide and it seemed it was close to the hotel. We decided that the kids would like pizza for dinner and honestly, we were quite tired and had little energy to look for too hard for a restaurant. Nothing could have prepared us for what we were in for. We found the restaurant in a little strip plaza and thought it didn't look like much. We headed in and found maybe a dozen booths, most empty (it was only 4:30 on a Sunday night, so don't judge), and a few people waiting for take out. One thing that I noticed right away was how busy the phone was with orders being called in. It almost never stopped ringing. We ordered a cheese pizza for my 10 year old, a burger for the 7 year old, a medium calzone for my husband and I got the penne with meatballs. I dare say, the cheese pizza which I tried from my son was probably the best pizza I've ever had. The crust was not too thin, but not so thick that it was all dough, the sauce was perfect and there was just enough cheese so that it was a cheese pizza, but not ridiculous. The meatballs (3 raquetball sized balls) were tender and delicious. The marinara sauce on the pasta was very nice. The medium calzone was the size of a medium pizza folded over on itself. It was crazy big. The burger was nothing exceptional, but was very good nonetheless. The best part was the garlic loaf that accompanied my pasta. It was a fresh baked mini braid loaf that was slathered in amazing garlic butter. It was incredible!!! As we sat eating, the tables quickly filled and the place was about half full by the time we left. The service was good and we look forward to going back again when we are in the Orlando area.

1  Thank knitaholicGTA

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We had no vehicle so we needed delivery. Pizza took about an hour but was worth the wait. We found Proccolino's by a flyer in our hotle room. Pizza was delivered hot with paper plates and napkins. Price was good for what we got. Would definately recommend.

1  Thank jeff178
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Found this place while staying nearby @ SPRINGHILL SUITES ORLANDO AIRPORT and glad we came .. .. You knew this place had to be good with all the locals coming through and taking pizza home .. ..

Started with a simple ANTIPASTO and then had their MARGHERITA PIZZA > Outstanding!!

Don't miss this place if you're hungry near MCO!!!

1  Thank Sammy N
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We are staying in a near by hotel and got the phone from the front desk of this place as my son asked for the Pizza for our 9pm late dinner. We called for delivery and the food showed up 25 minutes later and every thing was still hot.

I didn't expect much and thought this is just a random pizza place serving the tourists. They have great food. The Pepperoni Pizza was tasty and hot. The spaghetti with marinara sauce was excellent. The spaghetti was cooked just right and sauce was fresh with right amount of salt. The chicken tenders surprised me with the dark color. But it was soft and full of flavor. It has some kind of similarity to Chicken Satay in Asian restaurants. I never heard of the Zeppoles (a deep fried dough dessert) before but ordered since they are out of the chocolate cake. It came in 4 big pieces with chocolate stripes on the top. I liked it as It was overly sugary yet delicious and enough pieces for the whole family.

They charge $2 for the delivery. Will order again if I am back to this area.

Reviewed May 12, 2011

It's a small restaurant in a strip mall, but do not judge the cover. Everything we had was delicious...chicken wings, stuffed mushrooms (fantastic and cheesy), and plate size lasagna portions. We were looking for NY style....we got that and more. Friendly, helpful staff. Will be going back.