“Outstanding Vegetarian” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bombay Cafe

Bombay Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Bombay Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #824 of 3,749 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rockport, Texas
“Outstanding Vegetarian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

When I travel on business it is hard to find vegetarian food and I often end up eating the same old stuff--cheese sandwiches or pasta. Just it was amazing to find a great Indian restaurant that was entirely vegetarian. I had the aloo gobi. I was asked about how much spice I wanted and medium was still a a little mild for my taste. The location is at the back of an Indian center--grocery, videos, clothing--but don't let that deter you from stopping in. The food was great!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Deltona, FL
“GREAT Indian Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place was recommended by a friend that is from India and boy was right. The food is wonderful and authentic. My husband and I both had the lunch special for $9.00. My husband had the N. Indian Thali with the Malai Kofta has his main dish. It was wonderful and spiced just right. Came with the soup of the day, vegabable of the day, yogert sauce, rice, spicey sauce, roti. naan and dessert. I selected the Indo Chinese Thali and had the Gobi Manchurian (cauliflower fritters in sauce) as my main dish. This was GREAT, I have never had this type of dish before and am so glad it did. The cauliflower fritters were so good and the sauce it was cooked in was to die for! This dish also came with a sweet & sour soup, rice, roti and dessert. We so enjoyed this meal and will be back when we are in the area. I also found the service to be excellant as well. I can't say enough about this place.

• Visited August 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Authentic Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I felt like I was really in India from the moment I walked into the place. The waiter called my wife and I "guys" which I usually don't like. But, he said it with such respect that i didn't mind it. The service was excellent. The food was excellent. Make sure you tell them to go easy on the hot spices. I had lentils with spinach, rice, and garlic bread. Perfectly done. Very tasty. We cleaned our plates. Delicious. I will definitely return. Most of the customers were Indians. That's got to tell you something about this place.

• Visited August 2013
florida
“You have to give it a try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

First time to try Indian food. Have to say it was really good. We had the vegetable sizzler. I'm not a vegetarian. But it left me feeling very satisfied. And there is a spice store right next door. Oh! The service and hospitality was great and very friendly.

• Visited July 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I'm an adventurous eater, but restaurants too close to Orange Blossom Trail are normally a little out of my comfort zones as I find they're not that clean. Like many others, I stumbled upon it while looking for an Indian grocery store to find specific ingredients for another dish. The place smelled so wonderful I couldn't pass it up. It's a diamond in the rough, for certain!

In my experience, the best Indian restaurants are the tiny ones tucked away next to an Indian grocery store. This place was fantastic. The restaurant was extremely clean, the service was very prompt and friendly and the servers were very helpful with choosing items on the menu. It's a very small, unassuming place where the goal is delicious authentic food.

I had Malai Kofta, which consist of a few vegetable "croquets" submersed in a delicious tomato-cream based curry and added an order of naan bread. It was vaguely similar to Chicken Tikka Masala. If you're new to Indian food, I'd highly recommend this dish as an entry point. :) My friend had Dum Aaloo Chettinad which is normally extremely spicy but they were able to prepare a mild version that was still incredibly flavorful.

The average plate was around $11USD. One thing to note is that it is a completely vegetarian menu, but the dishes were extremely filling.

Good Indian food should be extremely fragrant with delicious spices and aromas. It can be prepared spicy or mild, but it should never taste flat. The food here was right on the mark. I'll definitely be returning many times.

• Visited July 2013