“Authentic Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bombay Cafe

Bombay Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Bombay Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #864 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Asheville, North Carolina
“Authentic Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I felt like I was really in India from the moment I walked into the place. The waiter called my wife and I "guys" which I usually don't like. But, he said it with such respect that i didn't mind it. The service was excellent. The food was excellent. Make sure you tell them to go easy on the hot spices. I had lentils with spinach, rice, and garlic bread. Perfectly done. Very tasty. We cleaned our plates. Delicious. I will definitely return. Most of the customers were Indians. That's got to tell you something about this place.

• Visited August 2013

florida
“You have to give it a try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

First time to try Indian food. Have to say it was really good. We had the vegetable sizzler. I'm not a vegetarian. But it left me feeling very satisfied. And there is a spice store right next door. Oh! The service and hospitality was great and very friendly.

• Visited July 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I'm an adventurous eater, but restaurants too close to Orange Blossom Trail are normally a little out of my comfort zones as I find they're not that clean. Like many others, I stumbled upon it while looking for an Indian grocery store to find specific ingredients for another dish. The place smelled so wonderful I couldn't pass it up. It's a diamond in the rough, for certain!

In my experience, the best Indian restaurants are the tiny ones tucked away next to an Indian grocery store. This place was fantastic. The restaurant was extremely clean, the service was very prompt and friendly and the servers were very helpful with choosing items on the menu. It's a very small, unassuming place where the goal is delicious authentic food.

I had Malai Kofta, which consist of a few vegetable "croquets" submersed in a delicious tomato-cream based curry and added an order of naan bread. It was vaguely similar to Chicken Tikka Masala. If you're new to Indian food, I'd highly recommend this dish as an entry point. :) My friend had Dum Aaloo Chettinad which is normally extremely spicy but they were able to prepare a mild version that was still incredibly flavorful.

The average plate was around $11USD. One thing to note is that it is a completely vegetarian menu, but the dishes were extremely filling.

Good Indian food should be extremely fragrant with delicious spices and aromas. It can be prepared spicy or mild, but it should never taste flat. The food here was right on the mark. I'll definitely be returning many times.

• Visited July 2013
London
“Great food, great service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Good tasty food at reasonable prices. One of the best indian restaurants in orlando. Not very easy to find but we accidentally stumbled across it when shopping at the indian grocery store next door. Good find. Would visit again.

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Food was great and service was good. Was looking for authentic Indian cuisine and didn't want to spend a fortune. We were on vacation and searched the area around universal resorts. Was about a ten min drive but well worth it. Everything was great! Was not aware it was vegetarian however it didn't matter as we left fully and completely satisfied. We will definitely visit again when we return to the area.