“Stayed one night...good to me!” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Canada Drive Hotel and Suites
Ranked #273 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Tampa, Florida
“Stayed one night...good to me!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife just took a short trip overnight from Tampa just for Universal's City Walk. We booked for outstanding rate from getaroom.com because if the proximity to Universal. I will say I had my reservations about this place, but simply just needed a spot to rest for the night. I will say when we got in the room it was a spacious king suite, with a living room like space. It had microwave, fridge, and bar area, plus couch and tv in that room. In the room with bed it had flat screen and regular room amenities. The shocker was the bathroom. Maybe they gave us the handicapp room but the bathroom was big enough to put a full size bed in it. Everything looked clean and was. We had no problems that night besides parking when we got back, but the receptionist let us park our car by the front door since there was a lack of parking on the property, so heads up. Overall good stay for me for one night.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank khouse11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I am a tour operator and have stayed at this hotel for the past three years for up to 3 weeks at a time with my group. It is true this is not a 4-star hotel but since Quality Inn bought this property last year they have done several upgrades to make this a more pleasant place to stay. They have replaced all mattresses, most of the couches, all new flat-screen TVs and just a few months ago have replaced carpets in all the rooms. I assure you that if this place was as bad as some of the reviews, my group would not keep coming back with me. Yes, everything may not be perfect but we find that if something needs to be looked after, housekeeping & maintenance are quick to accommodate and do it in a friendly manner. I do hope that the next thing they update is their breakfast!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank CHRIS L
Newark, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

This place was ok, we stayed for 2 nights and it met our needs for the price. Room was a little outdated and the TVs definitely need to be upgraded. Of course since we were visiting Orlando we had no plans on spending much time in the room other than to sleep, so it met our needs there. I didn't like the fact that we could not check in an hour early without an additional fee, especially after a 17 hour car ride. The breakfast wasn't too bad, and we did not have any issues when we were there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Geoff D
Tenby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

breakfast was a joke,the coffee come out a machine and tasted foul,some kind of flat eggs and sausages,plastic plates and knife and forks.3 toasters ,one was broken but kept getting plugged in.the staff were miserable buggers too,walking around with long faces like they couldnt care less and you asked them for anything it was too much trouble.the best thing was the bananas and then they didnt have any on our last day.room was dated with no kettle,just coffee perculator,beds were small doubles,4ft,constant drone of bathroom extractor fans from neighbouring rooms,curtains that let in the light.I wore earplugs and eye mask.to cap it all,we were charged a service charge on our credit card.we wont be going there again.the best thing about the place was the location,just down the road from universal studios and wet and wild.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank adrian w

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Purfleet
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during September this year and was disgusted with the poor level.The hotel is in need of a complete renovation.Rooms are dirty and the electrics are dangerous.I chose this hotel from a Thomson travel agents.Their description was completely false.I only slept there one night out of the fourteen i had booked and had to move out.When i complained to Thomson about their selected hotel, they were not interested and chose to ignore my complaint without taking any action.Two other couples i met at the hotel also booked this hotel with Thomson, and also left after one night.I would never use this hotel or Thomson again, and i am a regular visitor to Florida.Please do not consider this hotel under any circumstances.Thomson should be ashamed to use it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul J
DAVIE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Do Yourself a Huge Favor and Stay Away form this Hotel at All Cost... seemed like a nice hotel to book ...boy was I Wrong! went to bed at night after a Long day at the parks...only to find when I woke up that my family and I were being eaten ALIVE by BED BUS while we were Sleeping.... woke up with bites all over my upper back and arms.. immediately called the front desk only to here they would only change my sheets for me...went up to the front desk to ask to speak to the manager....he returned the call to the front desk but Would Not talk to me... Great Hospitality right!...got my family together and left the hotel... absolutely ruined our vaction..upon arriving home my family and I had to go to the Hospital for my Bed Bug bites..were given a cream and a Antibiotics...3 days later finally got ahold of the manager...who refused to do Anything about my problem...Very Rude and non apologetic..Would NEVER Stay at this hotel again... and would advise the same for Anyone planing on staying there...you have been WARNED!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tony M
San Juan, PR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a good hotel if you plan to expend your day in the parks and need a convenient inexpensive place to sleep.
Rooms are fine and clean, however, the corridors, elevator and lobby are a little bit outdated.
Breakfast consist of toast, coffee, fruits, juices and cereal. The only hot items are: sausage patties, pancakes and waffles (that you make yourself). Not a great thing, but it'll save you time and money.
The staff at the main desk is not particularly friendly, tough.

Final word: the hotel is not great, but convenient. Try to ignore those reviews that expect to have Ritz standards and pay $40 per night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family