“Such a let down we moved”

Canada Drive Hotel and Suites
Ranked #259 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We were booked in here for 2 weeks after being recommended it by our thomson travel agent. We hardly made the night!!
When we walked in our room we were greeted by an overwhelming smell of damp, dated decor, mould and so on.
When we asked to be moved the lad on reception was pleasant and advised us to see the thomson rep in the morning. He said it wasn't unusual for people to move from this hotel!!
That says it all really! We got moved to the comfort inn just across the road- excellent hotel

AVOID THE QUALITY SUITES there is much work needed here especially to bring it up to the standard you would expect from thomson.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Samantha J

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to Orlando and has to be the worst hotel we have stayed in. First of all this hotel needs complete renovation. All areas are very shabby and need cleaning and updating. The rooms were of a very poor standard, the sofa bed mattress was so thin all you could feel was springs, we had to get 4 blankets to put on the bed as all the beds were the same. All the furniture in the room was outdated, shabby and scratched. Both beds were uncomfortable with flat pillows, which we eventually got changed. The Breakfast was a poor standard, sausage patties and dry omelettes. The restaurant was like a cattle market as there were not enough tables for the number of guests in the hotel. When we informed reception about problems in the room we were told that all rooms were the same. The staff were not interested at all. Avoid this hotel at all costs, pay that bit more for a better hotel. The only plus is the free transport to Universal and Sea World.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jambette
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel was the worst place I have ever stayed. We booked this hotel through Thomson Holidays and i must say now that they moved us as soon as they found out we were not happy so this review does not reflect on them in any way. We got given a room and it smelt of damp the plug socket for the microwave and coffee machine was black as if it had been burnt. There was a crack all around the toilet. We asked to change and the second room was just as bad although it did not smell. The air con control sparked when i turned it down. I had to fix the toilet set before i could use the toilet and the waste pipe from the sick was lose. and the sick had no plug. Please aviod at all cost if you want a nice holiday or a stay in orlando

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher C
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My sister, her two girls, 12 and 17 and myself went here in early August. The reception and restaurant staff were very helpful, the rooms were very clean and bedding and towels changed daily. Although I did hear one complaint from a downstairs room that they had creatures in the room, but if you will leave the door open then the lizards will get in! The pool is kept clean with towels available, not very big but does the job. This hotel is not on international drive but only a short walk and very close to the amenities. It has a courtesy bus to Epcot where you can then make your way to the parks and universal is a short bus ride then a very long walk, get a taxi only 20 dollars! Breakfast was free and chaotic as everyone turned up at the same time. It is the same thing every day but it does the job and sets you up for the day. All in all not a bad base for a Disney holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sam T
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The price is good but the place could be updated. Room was out dated found mold on my pillow cases and on the bathroom floor . Breakfest well lets just say I could have got better food at a fast food resturant not a lot of choices either. The egg thing they cooked was over cooked and the sausage was burned that basicly all they really had. I liked the location because it was near all the theme parks and fun things to do .

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just back from 2 weeks in this hotel,to be honest i wouldn't recommend it but it was cheap&cheerful (ish) While the rooms are big,they are out dated but in fairness i didnt go to Florida to sit in a room,the tellys were old but again it kept the kids happy for the few hours during the morning&early evening! the cleaners came every day with fresh towels and made the beds..not sure if beds were changed every day or not but that didnt bother me! The breakfast was not good at all,we ended up getting food and having it in room or going out to eat,the staff were not over friendly and on the 1st day i asked "a local expert" to show me on a map where we were so we could get our bearings...but after looking at the "local area map" he couldnt show me..laughable!!! on check in i was asked for a visa just to hold a deposit i was told/assured NO CHARGES would be made but on checkout i was charged $2.50 per room per night,and this is on the check in form but was not pointed out or explained..needless to say i was fuming!!!! Pool was fine bit they are not strict on closing hours,few nights people were in it til after 11pm.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Niamh W
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We booked this motel in April for our June 23rd trip to stay a week. Arrival the check in was smooth and we got the 5th floor room 517. Room was big with broken curtains, a micro wave with a hole in the window. Room was not that confy and we did not bother to claim the Micro Waive as we will not use it anyhow. Breakfast was acceptable but the same items every single day for a week was boring. We even got frozen eggs omelets one day. Bananas were excellent. They never run out of any items and refills was always taken place. We ordered some items for our son via Amazon. Those were send via UPS and after we received an email from UPS confirming the delivery, we went to pick it up at the Front Desk. The Clerk informed us that there were a $50.= storage fee. We said...what????? Yes, sir you signed for it upon checking in. She showed me a registration card where it was listed $ 10 for boxes 12 x 12 inches, $20 for boxes up to 49 pounds and $50 for any of the above. I asked to talked to the Manager who never showed up. So I showed the agent that the box as per UPS had a weight of 22.1 pounds so it could not be $50. She apologized and confirm me that the charge will be $20.=. By the way, we paid $49 per night for the room. $ 50 was more than the room rate. As we ordered another item which cost $9 and scheduled to arrive the next day, we went early to sit in the lobby to wait the UPS truck which normally arrive by 12NN. I went outside the building to meet the UPS but he told me that I need to go inside and so I followed him. The FO Agent told me if the receipt is was individual for my package she will had to charge me the storage fee anyhow. You can image that my temper went to the roof and I told her that that will be a robbery and I took my cell phone to call the Police. She immediately told me not to worry and handed me my package and assured me that there will be no charge. Can you image, sitting the the Lobby since 11 AM and still being charged? No way I was going to accept this.
The housekeeping always didn't had enough towels and always had to come back to bring the rest. Rest of the stay was OK but we will never ever going to stay here again. Rooms needs to be updated, curtains replaced, corridors more cleaners, still not Flat Screen TV but rather VERY old CRT TV with poor reception. Wifi was acceptable.

Parking, you need to arrive early at night otherwise park in the parking lot of TGI Fridays. Not enough parking.

Room Tip: Stay away from this Quality Suites as they are plenty of other Hotels across the street which nicer...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple