“Great for families, and very close to Universal!”

Canada Drive Hotel and Suites
Ranked #259 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Minutes to Universal. Clean. Courteous staff. Love that it has suites, so perfect for families with kids. Decent free hot breakfast, free parking, free shuttle to the park (useful if the times suit you), free internet, pool.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Olivia411

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Lowest budget place. Could hear next door neighbors shower. Took forever for water to get hot in sink. Free breakfast was inedible and looked awful. Never will stay there again! Our free stay there using points was a big disappointment

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Iris24
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I wasnt expecting too much from this place, since the price was under $50 a night. However it turned out great and I enjoyed staying here for 4 days. Staff was great, which I found to be rare in Orlando.

Room Tip: Stay at the top floors for a great view!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank travelingtheusa1000
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I read reviews of this hotel on several different websites. And I was extremely concerned after reading a few and honestly almost changed our reservation. I am happy to say that we stuck with our current reservation and couldn't have been more thrilled. The rooms were huge, beds very comfortable, the breakfast was fantastic and the free shuttle service to the parks saved us $14+ a day in parking costs. (not to mention the headache of the traffic). I would recommend this to a friend or family member and will definitely be keeping it in mind for future vacations.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Amy_K1974
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel room was quite large with two rooms, but the carpet was filthy. There was no warm water when we arrived, so I complained to the front desk. He had to personally run up to the seventh floor and turn the hot water back on. I went to check what was going on and found the front desk deserted with angry customers waiting and the phone ringing non-stop. He came back out of breath and preceded to help everyone, several of which had come down to complain about different matters. Apparently, phones and fridges were broken along with cold water, but luckily my appliances and worked and the water was fixed.
I blame any service problems here on very poor management... how could one person hold down an entire large hotel for much of a shift without neglecting duties? The poor fellow running things did all he could but it was not enough for everybody, though the effort has to be applauded.
One other thing positive about this place was the location- about five minutes drive from Universal and right off of International Drive, where all the restaurants and touristy stuff is. If management could hire an extra cleaning lady to vacuum and a maintainance person to fix people's problems, this place would have easily scored four stars here and kept from being torn a new one from other reviewers. It is a shame but what are you gonna do?

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Shawn W
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I will start with the good...I missed my flight with my children, so had to stay an extra day and decided on this affordable Quality inn! When calling the hotel from the airport, the front desk staff...Ms.Joseph, went out of her way to find us a non-smoking, double room. We were able to check in early to run to nearby Universal studios even thought there was a $10 early ck in fee. She was kind and very helpful! This was during the christmas vacation, so the price was around $100. There was no transportation to and from the airport or Universal studios(which was disappointing) so that ran us another $50 and $10 each way. Ms. Joseph arranged for my transportation! The lobby was boring, there was an arcade and massage chairs but seemed money could be used somewhere else much more useful! The pool looked clean but the elevator was old, dirty and scary. Our room was a basic early 90's room decor but was NOT very clean. It needed to be vacumed and the bathroom floor had debris and hair on it. I read other complaints about vacuming, how difficult is that? Our extra safely lock was ripped from its screws/hinges so I did not feel very safe with my children alone. The room did have a very small safe with a key but my computer did not fit into it. The beds were actually quite comfortable! I checked the beds thoroughly, the blankets were double sheeted and they were clean and hairless, but with an old, ugly, bacteria filled bedspread. We literally were in the hotel 4 hrs so did not shower, barely slept and left to early for the breakfast. The hotel is not horrible, but next time I would spend an extra $25 for a nicer, safer room across the street or right next door!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Location is good. They don't vacuum the room, there M&Ms scattered under the beds from previous guests. Wi-fi was only working at lobby. the elevators were awfully presentable and slow.
Drawers were stuck/wouldn't close up properly

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family