“Hidden Gem for a special occasion” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bull & Bear Steakhouse at Waldorf Astoria Orlando

Bull & Bear Steakhouse at Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Reserve with OpenTable
Bull & Bear Steakhouse at Waldorf Astoria Orlando is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 3,745 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Buena Vista Blvd and Chelonia Pkwy I-4 Exit 67
Description: Dining at the award-wining Bull & Bear is a culinary journey unlike any other. Named Diner's Choice Top Restaurant by Hilton Worldwide, the restaurant offers a menu featuring re-imagined steakhouse classics and trend-setting fare, including Fried Chicken, Escargot & Gnocchi, Pasta Explosion, Flaming Lobster on the Spit and its signature 32-Day Dry-Aged Tomahawk Rib Eye. Bull & Bear is renowned for tableside preparation and the highest levels of personalized service. Our team of experienced sommeliers will be delighted to suggest the perfect wines to accompany your meal. The dining room and lounge exude the warmth of a private club, with exquisite views overlooking the resort's pool and golf course. Views of the nightly Epcot(R) fireworks can be enjoyed from select tables. Be certain to leave room for dessert, especially the delectable Lemon, the delightful Bull & Bear Beignets or the decadent Chocolate Bar.
Brandon, Florida
“Hidden Gem for a special occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I recently dined in this beautiful establishment to celebrate our anniversary. The understated yet elegant ambiance enveloped and invited us, a true sign of luxury.
The wait staff was genuinely attentive during our experience. Alicia was entirely knowledgeable relating the attention and passion that goes into Executive Chef Massimo's menu, which helped as we decided on our courses.
The menu is simple and thoughtful offering choices for all.
The food pleasantly surprised us at each course. Ingredients are few yet harmoniously combined. The corn soup and pasta explosion are must try dishes.
Steaks are cooked to perfection.
Over the course of our dining experience, we understood the value of Bull and the Bear's high price.
If you can only afford this experience once in a lifetime or regularly dine at this level, Bull and the Bear will not disappoint.
We look forward to dining again at this stand-out, perhaps one and only, fine dining gem in Florida.

Denver, Colorado
“Highlight of our trip to Florida!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

My Christmas present to my boyfriend was a special date night in Orlando and I spent a lot of time researching online where to go. It was definitely a splurge I saved up for, and I couldn't be happier that I chose Bull & Bear.

The ambiance was perfect for a romantic dinner that felt special but not pretentious. The decor was classic with darkish lighting that was still warm. They honored my request for a windowside table so we could see the Disney fireworks.

We started with the tableside Caesar, which is one of my favorite things to find at a restaurant. This one was the best I've ever had. Then we got The Steak that was my reason for choosing this restaurant- the Tomahawk. I've had some good bone-in ribeyes, but never a giant one for two wheeled out on a butcher block with a candle made of beef tallow. If ever a steak was legit life-changing, this one was. I can't adequately describe how delicious it was. We also shared the lobster mac, creamy and decadent (duh) with nice chunks of lobster.

After that and wine, the tummy and the wallet were done-zo, but the sweet waitress insisted we try the Chocolate Bar and brought one on the house. Holy cow. Like a paper thin rice krispie topped with a couple different layers of different creamy chocolate, then whipped cream. AND a hole was drilled through it and filled with chocolate vodka. Best. Dessert. Ever.

As amazing as the food was, the experience was equally made awesome by the service. Everyone who came to the table was professional but very warm, including the manager who came over and introduced himself. But Samantha, who made our Caesar and presented the steak, really stood out. She was so friendly and really made us feel welcome and special.

We don't get to Florida very often but will make a return trip to Bull & Bear a priority next time!

1 Thank Pool_Afficianado
Tampa, Florida
“Helpful Tips for Bull & Bear at Waldorf in Orlando”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Please keep in mind that this rating is versus other high-end steakhouses, not just average restaurants. I've eaten at many awesome steakhouses over the years and the Bull & Bear holds it's own in many respects. Here are my tips to help you

1) Location -- if you didn't already know, this is located in the Waldorf Astoria on the grounds of Disney's property. It's in the back end of the main floor, overlooking the pool and golf course.
2) Price - expect to pay easily over $100/pp. If you get wine it will go up from there. The avg steak is served a la carte and the cuts are generally between $45-65. Add in a $15-28 salad, a $15-30 soup or appetizer, and a $9-24 side item and you can see where this is going. We knew that going in and were thus not surprised. For 3 people our bill was just shy of $400 (this included a $100 bottle of wine).
3) Wine/Beer - the beer list is nothing to write home about - no real craft brews -- although I suspect the typical visitor here is more of a wine drinker anyway. As for the wines, except to pay a pretty penny - there was very few inexpensive wines to speak of that could be enjoyed with your meal. Wines by the glass were so expensive that it just made sense for the 3 of us to buy a bottle -- our $100 bottle was on the lower end of the spectrum but still enjoyable
4) Service -- 4 star service. no complaints here. not outstanding but still very good
5) atmosphere - 4 star atmosphere. lots of wood and mood lighting. it was enjoyable. It's doesn't have the aura oozing from a historical landmark like Bern's in Tampa but it was still very nice
6) STEAK - I have to admit that the steak I had here was cooked to perfection. The steak was easily one of the top 10 I have eaten ever. It was that good. Pair that with just a hint of some of their side sauces (the one with the chicken stock in it was actually my favorite!) -- although the steak certainly stands alone without the need for any sauce. It was charred/crispy on the outside and perfect inside (medium rare to medium). EXCELLENT!
7) Other Food -- a quick summary of the ones I remember -- Heirloom Tomato Salad (awesome!), Tableside Ceaser (good but not great, not worth $28), Side mushrooms (very good), Side Lobster Mac & Cheese (good but not great). We had a few more things but I don't recall anything else standing out.

BOTTOM LINE - if you are at Disney and want a truly great STEAK, then you really can't to wrong here. I would certainly return again. I could see why most people rate this as 5 stars, but for a few MINOR nitpicks I would say the same.

Was this review helpful? Please let me know. THanks

Visited February 2014
5 Thank thehelpfuldad
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Perfectly Cooked Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had a new(er) waiter at the beginning, but once he got settled he did ok. He could do the menu, but repeated himself a few times and went back vertically on every item after we tried moving him along after 10 minutes into listening to it (we can read). The wine list is extensive and too my surprise, marked up within reason for the venue. The table side Caesar was excellent (thanks again,Scott). The filets were cooked to the order and perfect temp. The lobster mac and cheese was a good side dish, and not too rich. The beignets were very good, and a lighter end to a larger meal. They were served with three different sauces, vanilla, chocolate, and a bourbon caramel. All were good, but perhaps the bourbon was overwhelming the caramel flavor a bit too much for us. Looking forward to the next visit. I agree with Tal J's review on the only con - it was a bit too dark.

1 Thank jeffinCBFL
Toronto
“Bold and beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

they don't take anything lightly. even the bar snack is top notch. paper thin dehydrated pineapple....are you kidding me? where can I get a stack of those? warm almonds and light waiver like grain snacks that I don't even know the name of.
the waiter knows the menu top to bottom, and quite literally, if I didn't stop him, he would have went on to describe every item on the menu. a couple of guys shared the Tomahawk which was arranged table-side with an impressive boomerang like bone, steak was delicious. i ordered the Delmonico which is a rib-eye cut and very popular down in Orland area (all the restaurants i've been to had a version of it), and it was prepared to perfection. came with nothing but roasted garlic, and an array of sauces on the side.
must mention the desert which is something you cannot get elsewhere period. THE LEMON, if you like lemony deserts, this is it. it's a whole lemon cooked for 4.5 hours and topped with sorbet that you just strikes the perfect balance between sweet and tart. it's an expensive joint no doubt, but you do get what you pay for.
corkage fee is $25, they also have an impressive list of wines that you can choose from.
definitely recommend making reservations. it's easy online with open table.

2 Thank tmldp3