“4 times the charm...”
Review of La Luce

La Luce
Reserve with OpenTable
La Luce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 4,061 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: La Luce is Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek's signature restaurant, inspired by famed Napa Valley chef and restaurateur Donna Scala. This modern Italian country kitchen serves dinner nightly, featuring thin crust pizzas, homemade family-style pastas, and Italian dishes inspired by traditional family recipes handed down through the generations. The cuisine is complimented by Mediterranean-inspired cocktails and a Trattoria-style wine program. Whether the occasion is a special family dinner, a gathering of business associates or a romantic dinner for two, La Luce's menu of Italian favorites will satisfy your palate.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We ate at La Luce 4 times during our two week stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek, this goes to show how much we liked it as we kept coming back. The bar is well stocked and there is a vast choice of wine, we favoured the Prosecco, the French Burgundy and the Port.

Every evening there were different specials, we only ate off the main menu once as the specials always sounded so appetizing. Every night there is a special soup, risotto, pizza and fish dish, my partner favoured the risottos whilst I favoured the fish. We have eaten in a number of amazing restaurants and the quality in La Luce was high compared to the normal Orlando fare.

We only had dessert once and had the butterscotch pudding which was very nice but very rich, it is apparently infamous having its own Facebook page and fan following!

The service was very good and I should mention the pizza - which was one of the best stone baked pizza's I have ever tasted (do not confuse this with the pizza from the Hilton's lobby bar menu which was disgusting - chewy with too much cheese and too much garlic).

So why 4/5 instead of 5/5 - three things....1) paper table cloths should not be seen in any restaurant - such a shame 2) whilst most guests dressed for dinner a number were allowed in straight from the pool in their wet clothes and beach wear which ruined the ambiance, their wish not to offend people by turning them away was at the detriment of others who had dressed for a nice evening, this was even acknowledged by the waiting staff. 3) the air con was extremely cold we asked to be moved twice, it was particularly cold around the edge of the room where the tables for two are located.

I would however recommend this restaurant and I would not hesitate to return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed September 11, 2013

A great dining experience with excellent service. The wait staff is extremely attentive without being pushy. For a truly amazing culinary experience and superb ambience, I would recommend La Luce as a noteworthy place for dinner.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

La Luce is located in Orlando by the Disney resort areas in the Hilton Bonnet creek. The location is beautiful and includes free valet parking if you eat there. The restaurant itself is very clean, pretty and easy to get to. But lets get to the food part. The menu is very yummy and overwhelming to the eye. It offers from meat to vegetarian options all tasty and normal size portions. I had the salmon which was amazing, one of the best salmons I've ever had. My family and friends had some other plates and the enjoyed them all. I would recommend this restaurant to all.
Great service
Great drinks, I did not like the mystery punch option (a punch that you wont know what it will be in it until you have no choice but to drink it. Also the drinks were way too expensive. For example we had a bottle of wine that was $67 and knowing the brand myself, the retail price is $25 in stores. I mean almost a 66% increase? wow.
Desserts: great desserts in the menu, the berry short cake is amazing

Overall I would return but wont drink any alcoholic beverages.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great restaurant for a hotel restaurant. I overstuffed myself every time I ate there (once with the hubby, once by myself while he was at a meeting). Great staff, super helpful and attentive. I thought the risotto they had (special that night) was fantastic. My stomach was ready to burst!

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at a Disney resort last year and it was ok, but this Hilton and this restaurant is way better than any of their places. Micheal was our waiter and was great!! The food was yummy and ,for just coming back from Italy , it was delicious!!