“AMAZING”

Parasailing at Disney's Contemporary Resort
$89.99*
Tandem Parasailing at Disney's Contemporary Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a sunny day on the water. Located behind Disney's Contemporary Resort, Sammy Duvall's Watersports Centre offers families and individuals the opportunity to Parasail, ride our Personal Watercraft, Water-ski, Wakeboard, Tube, and much more! Open daily; 365 days a year!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Orlando, Florida
“AMAZING”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Booked this as a groupon to try it out especially as you didn't need to get wet. Both my daughter and I went along on the day and were completely blown away by how amazing this experience turned out to be.
I would urge anyone thinking about doing the parasailing to go for it especially a tandem, both of us will never forget how good it felt to fly together overlooking all the wonders of Disney..

Visited December 2012

Orlando, Florida
“Best watersport activity ever!!!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

When arriving at Sammy Duvall's Watersports Centre my 18 year old son and my 19 year old daughter were set to go on a first time Tandem Parasailing adventure. Dave was in charge as captain of the boat. Dave and his first mate explained the safeness of the event step by step allowing my wife and I to be at ease the entire time. This was a lot safer then we expected. My wife and I enjoyed the entire boat ride while the kids were parasailing. My wife is not the dare devil type, in fact nothing near it but surprisingly she was willing to experience the thrill. The kids were excited and thrilled with big smiles. They talked about it all the way home. Thank you Dave, your first mate and Shelby for allowing us to enjoy an added lifetime memory of fun. We will return for another parasailing adventure and explore jet ski rentals. The Sierra Family...

Visited November 2012
Barling, AR
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“LOVE THE FREEDOM OF FLYING!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

First, I am 58. Husband is 61. Second, no children at home, so we decided to start doing things we have never done. They had cancelled us the first day due to extreme cold and high winds, and we were rescheduled the next day. Third, I admit I have a fear of heights. HOWEVER, I try and conquer my fear at any opportunity, but on this? I had not one second of fear! Our first time parasailing with this company was AWESOME! What made is more interesting is that the temperature was about 53! So, instead of wearing shorts, t-shirts and sandals, we wore jeans, long sleeve tops, sweat jackets, and tennis shoes! We had to remove our socks and shoes, and were given short instructions which were completely clear. In the meantime, we watched as a young woman was parasailing before us. She had done it before, so I watched exactly how she did everything. Her husband, like me, has a fear of heights as well, but chickened out (his words) at the last second. So, we were next! We were harnessed up, and decided on a tandem - side-by-side. Following instructions to sit on the front of the boat, the next thing we knew we were being reeled outward and upward gently, but fast. While our feet were freezing cold, we were still very comfortable. The winds had been heavy, because hurricane Sandy had just left the area. The boat jetted around Bay Lake as it "towed" us around it. It was like feeling absolutely free! The view was gorgeous, and my husband and I were smiling the whole time. We were being reeled in before we even realized we'd been up for a bit longer than we should have been. Our guide had said that if we had landed in the "water", he'd come and get us, and that we'd "float"! OK. That was a bit nerve racking, but once up, we lost that feeling. Finally, we were reeled all the way end, and we walked right onto the boat. Even despite the wind, we felt no spray or water at all. Even though it was cold, it was the BEST experience ever! We had so much fun. This company is very professional, and the people are nice. We were highly impressed, and a new experience made us want to do this again! You can't go wrong doing this. There are coupons you receive if you stay on Property. Coupons in one of the famous Expert Advice guide as well. So, the price can be reduced for you. If you have never done this before, and have a spouse, friend, or whatever, I suggest the tandem for your first time. Next time, I want to do it solo, and so does my husband. But, it's awesome, and living the Freedom of Flying is great! For those who have been on "Soarin' " at The Land in Epcot @ WDW, it's similar. Your legs are dangling free, and if you remember how you feel on that attraction, you will do just fine on this one. If you are scared of heights like I am, but want to conquer your fear, this is a wonderful way of doing it! I certainly was for me! I wouldn't change the experience for anything, and as I said, I'm ready for them to harness me up again!!! It's addictive!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Smiley4554
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Flying over Disney World”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Parasailing with Sammy Duvall Watersports in Disney World is exhilarating. It's an amazing feeling flying through the air and seeing a birds-eye view of Disney. You take off and land from the boat, so you stay dry. The staff makes sure you're safely strapped in, and really helps you overcome any nervousness. Going up and down is very smooth and fast, and you always feel secure. My family and I have done this on several different trips, and it's been a great experience each time. It's really worth it.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Judy D
Brownwood, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Highest Point in the Magic Kingdom”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I took my wife parasailing at Contempory Resort in the Magic Kingdom at Orlando, Florida in September. The crew on the boat reassured her that she would enjoy the trip and she sure did. The rider never gets wet because they are launched and recovered from the back deck of the boat. She felt safe and the flight was exhilarating for her. The crew was very professional and made sure everyone was comfortable and knew what was going to happen and what to expect once they were in the air. She is ready to go again.

Visited September 2012