“Fabulous ride - fun (yet professional) pilots - what a great time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Orlando Balloon Rides

and up
Orlando Sunrise Hot-Air Balloon Ride
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take off on a 3 to 4 hour fun-filled balloon adventure, leaving one hour before sunrise. Enjoy a tranquil hour floating above the sights and attractions of the Orlando area. Flights leave from our many locations in the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort area but we check in every morning at our Orlando Balloon Rides Welcome Center. Once airborne, the pilot will point out the spectacular sights from the theme parks to the orange groves, and forests that have been untouched for thousands of years. Complimentary Champagne Toast after flight.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Winter Haven, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Fabulous ride - fun (yet professional) pilots - what a great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

For my birthday this year, I treated myself to something I've wanted to do for 30+ years: a Hot Air Balloon ride! I chose Orlando Balloon Rides, and I'm very glad I did. They were very professional, friendly, and FUN! You'll meet at a hotel in Kissimmee, fill out a form, and then board a van that takes you to the target site. Once the balloons are inflated, you do have to climb (and I mean CLIMB) in and out of the basket, so be sure you're up to it physically before you purchase your ticket. It's a very smooth ride, no motion sickness... so no worries there. Be sure to take your camera. Once you finish your ride, there is a champagne (orange juice & soda is also available) toast... and then a ride back to the hotel... where you have a nice hot buffet breakfast. It's a fun ride without being exhausting. (Total time involved: about 4 hours. About 1 hour in the sky.)

Visited September 2011

Lakeland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great ride and new experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

the ride was purchased through Grupon to be birthday present for wife with another couple with us, Different schedules were hard to sync and we missed dead line. The owners were nice enough to give us an extension and we were able to have a fantastic trip. The balloon pilot was excellent as he gently brushed the tree tops with the basket and watched the ladies grab the side of the basket, very humorous chatter as we went along, well worth the money and would do it again. Came with buffet breakfast afterwards. Starts early in AM (5:30) and can be nosy. Take a sweater

Visited December 2010
Leicester, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“ORLANDO BALLOON RIDES - WORTH EVERY PENNY/CENT!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

I have to disagree 100% with any negative review. This company is excellent.
I booked my holiday with Virgin, which is where I saw the balloon rides advertised. However, on phoning Virgin to try and book this I could not speak to a sales advisor that could answer my questions about this trip. I decided to book directly with the company via their website. It was easy, I got my questions answered and I believe it was cheaper. I asked if they should pick us up from the hotel (which was an additional $10 each), and they advised me not to, as we had a rental car they said it would be a waste of our money to be picked up as we were only a short drive from the meeting place at the Radisson Hotel. This was good advice.
The first reason this company is excellent is because I stupidly (jet lagged and confused with the days at the beginning of my holiday) got the wrong day of the balloon ride, we had booked to go on the friday and I had convinced myself it was the next day! Orlando Balloon Rides DID phone my mobile to see where we were, but in my sleepy jet lagged state at that time in the morning I did not answer my phone! Only later did I realise who had called and that we should have been going ballooning! I telephoned the company very upset that I had missed our flight by a day!!! They were fantastic about it, they didnt have to be!!! They allowed us to fly on another day. On reading the small print they really did not have to do this, we could have easily lost our money. They were very obliging.
They advise all customers to telephone the night before to check the flight is going ahead as scheduled, considering weather conditions. We did this and it was sensibly postponed for a couple of days due to storms.

On the morning of our flight we got up very early and met at the Radisson at 5.30. Some people were a bit late (10-15 minutes) but it didnt matter, It gave everyone time to fill out the essential paperwork and have a last minute nervous toilet trip!!!! The atmosphere was great, everyone was really excited.

We drove about 20 minutes in their vans towing the balloons. Some of the guys in the group helped set the balloons up, which they loved! There was about 16 people in each basket. The baskets were huge. The pilot was fantastic, very knowledgeable, you felt really safe and he was good fun. His name was Mick and he was from the UK. We must have been up in the air for about an hour. It was beautiful. A very graceful and peaceful way to view the early morning in Orlando. We flew over lakes and deserted swamplands and greenlands, touching tree tops at some points. The reflections in the lakes were amazing of the balloons. There were other balloons flying too. I used up so much memory on my camera!!! But it was so worth it. We had our two children with us, age 4 and 8, and they both loved it too! The little one was too small to see over the basket so she looked through the foot holes in the side of the basket! They were really excited!! The older child was a bit concerned about the heat from the flame!!!
However, nobody ever felt worried or nervous about anything. It was a great atmosphere and so enjoyable. We will never forget it.
We landed ok too, Pilot Mick prepared us well and we all knew how to stand. The childrens safety was considered too. Everyone helped pack the balloon away then all the balloon riders stood together and the crew of each balloon poured champagne/bucks fizz or orange juice for everyone. We all toasted the flight, toasted how happy we all were and toasted any celebration in the party. There were some birthdays, a marriage proposal, a honeymoon and a wedding anniversary. It was lovely. Everyone had so much fun and strangers became friends sharing an experience.
We were taken back to the Radisson hotel where a buffet breakfast was provided for us. It was lovely.
A great experience. Worth EVERY penny (we are from the UK!!). If the thought crosses your mind, DO IT! And do it in Orlando with this Company.
You also get a flight certificate and a photograph is taken.

We flew on August 11th!

Visited August 2011
Merseyside, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

We booked through Virgin Holidays in the UK prior to travelling and paid £109 each for 2 adults and 2 children aged 11 and 15.
We had to be at the check in hotel at 0530 sharp they said - at 0550 people were still trickling in! To me, 0530 sharp means exactly that - if you're late then tough!
We'd confirmed on arrival and arranged to be collected from our hotel = "we'll confirm the night before by leaving a message on your hotel phone" they said....well they didn't and we made our own way.
Organisation leaves a lot to be desired and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless ballooning is really your thing........

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Jackie G
Orlando_Balloons, Front Office Manager at Orlando Balloon Rides, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are shocked that our usual high standards have not been met for you and for that we truly apologize.
Chichester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Everything you would expect and more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

This is the must do trip in Florida. I booked the tickets for this as a birthday treat for my girlfriend. She loved every minute. It starts off by waking up at around 5 am ready for a 6am pick up (optional) you are then taken to the hotel that the company uses as a meeting point, which is later used as a breakfast point when you get back.

You sign a waiver for health reasons, jump on the assigned minibus and then you sit in the van whist the guys chase thermals.

The starting point maybe from anywhere in the area, you just never know. The guys then set up the balloon unload the basket (holds about 8 people in various sections) and await the balloon to fill up with hot air. It’s an amazing sight.

Once in the basket after some safety talk its up up and away to watch the sunrise over Orlando/Disney and the surrounding lakes. The whole experience in the balloon lasts about an hour and you get some fantastic views for photos. The Pilot is very charming and informative and is from the UK so they like to know what’s going on back home.

After you have braced yourself for landing it’s out of the basket to lend them a hand with putting the balloon away with the ground team who are waiting below. It’s pretty fun to help so please give it a go. After all is packed away its time to toast with a glass of Champagne (orange juice for youngsters) where experiences are shared.

Breakfast back at the hotel is an all you can eat buffet which is very good and all inclusive with the costs. You then receive a certificate from the pilot and a strong handshake goodbye. You can get a transfer back to your hotel which is about $10 and well worth it.

Visited October 2010