“Not what I was expecting”
Review of Kouzzina by Cat Cora - CLOSED

Kouzzina by Cat Cora
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: In Greece, the Kouzzina is the Kitchen — and now you can savor celebrity chef Cat Cora's time-honored Mediterranean family recipes and personal favorites as her casual family restaurant on Disney's BoardWalk comes alive through the sights, sounds and aromas of its fabulous open kitchen.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had wanted to try this restaurant on our last trip but we visited a few weeks before it opened so we were eager to give it a shot on this trip. It seemed to get good reviews and we have never really tried Greek food so it sounded perfect.

When we arrived we were seated in the main dining area in the corner by the window. This was perfect for us as it was a rather loud place and we had a nice view into the kitchen.

Once we'd ordered we were brought some breads with oils and olives. There were two varieties of everything but the oil one tasting of apples was a favourite

We started with the grilled cheese

Being greek themed I had been expecting halloumi or some other salty hard cheese like feta but this had a tang to it… in fact it tasted just like cheddar so who knows what it was!

We weren't very impressed it was like a messy cheese on toast!

Next came the entrees

I had the steak, which was server will broccoli and potatoes

This was by far the worst entree of the whole holiday, let alone disney. I wasn't expecting Fillet but the cut of meat was stringy and full of grissle. There was no sauce, instead it was covered with some sort of spicy rub. I usually like spicy food but this rub went right to the back of my throat with each mouthful until I coughed and splutter, awful, just awful.

My husband faired better, he went for the trio

He thought all three were nice but the burger was the clear winner.

For dessert we both wanted the same thing, the doughnuts, in hindsight we should have ordered these and something else as the portion was big enough to share, Instead we ordered two, one to eat and one to go.

These were supposed to be covered in honey and cinnamon but instead they were the opposite of the steak, no flavour, AT ALL. Another let down.

SCORING
Atmosphere - 7/10 - A little like Via Napoli, large dining area with high ceilings and an open kitchen, making for a rather loud dining area.

Quality - 2/10 - I've said everything above, so I'll sum up with; Complete Pants!

Presentation - 5/10 - Not great, my steak in particular just looked dumped on the plate. I know it's supposed to be rustic but come on!

Service - 8/10 - There was nothing lacking in the service.

Overall Experience 3/10 - The worst meal of the whole trip. The only positive was that we got to see and experience the boardwalk, which we probably wouldnt have done unless we were eating here.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife is a great fan of Cat Cora, on Iron Chef. We were at Disney for a week. I want a special meal for my wife. We had reservations and were seated w/i 10 mins. We ordered Saganaki and the Calamari first. The Saganaki was tasteless. The Calamari was good, the dipping sauce was excellent. I ordered the steak, it was not a quality steak, it was tough, it had a large amount of fat, and grizzle.There was one small piece of broccoli that was under cooked, and had no flavor. The potatoes were awful. My wife's braised short rib, was not bad, but she had the same broccoli, it was no better than mine. Service was fair at best. We will not be eating there again. It was not a good experience.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We visited the restaurant for breakfast. We were 30 minutes late (bad information about transportation) but they honored our reservation right away.

The honey-pecan cinnamon roll is one of the best cinnamon rolls I've ever had. The waffles were very good (although they couldn't make me forget the cinnamon roll...) and my husband enjoyed his american breakfast except for the chicken sausages (some herbs in the sausages he wasn't crazy about).

The service was excellent. We had the best waitress.

The restaurant itself is very pretty but it's a shame they are keeping those drapes closed because the scenery would be amazing outside and it's a little dark for breakfast an the morning was too cold to eat outside.

I would absolutely go back for breakfast.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We have eaten at a good many Disney restaurants, and this one is our favorite, which is really saying something considering how many good restaurants are there. My biggest piece of advice for Kouzzina is to set aside a decent chunk of time for it. The service isn't slow, you just won't want to leave. An evening meal after the parks would be best, when you are really hungry and want to unwind. The place is very kid-friendly, yet still maintains a fine-dining atmosphere. I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank XPatriot
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Great experience after long day of theme parks. Greek inspired menu with a touch of southern comfort. Started with Saganaki(Opa!). Some great Greek wine. I tried the Greek lasagna which they warned me was a little dry. My husband had the Ribeye and he was very happy. Prices were very reasonable considering it was on Disney's Boardwalk.