“Best View in Orlando!”

Characters in Flight
Ranked #79 of 428 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Have you ever had a dream of flying, where you are gently floating among the clouds? You will gently float over the Disney Springs area of the park, in the world’s largest tethered helium balloon. When considering your vacation itinerary and you are searching for things to do in Orlando get ready for the the most peaceful but exhilarating Adventure of your vacation, a ride on the Characters In Flight Balloon is a MUST Do Experience! as you gently ascend 400 feet in the air.
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Best View in Orlando!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I took my friend here and we had an absolute blast! I was nervous to go up because I'm afraid of heights, but once up in the sky the view was incredible! You could see Epcot, Tower of Terror, and even the Contemporary all the way around Orlando! We used a groupon offer so it was also only 20 dollars for 2 people! I highly recommend this to anyone who wants a unique experience in Orlando. We also went right at sunset which made the view even more incredible! Like the title says, it is the best view in Orlando and if you're a local it'll take your breadth away.

Flushing, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Characters in Fright”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I'm personally terrified of heights so when my mom told me that she wanted to go on this 'ride' as she called it, I said 'NO WAY!' But of course, a few days later, my mom forwards me a groupon deal for this. Since she's my mom and I adore the hell out of her, I decided to buy two groupons so our family of four could ride the attraction together.

We went during Spring Break in March so the line was long and the wait was about an hour. We were able to use the two groupons together. The ride itself was smooth going up until the abrupt 'jolt' to signal the stop. The hot air 'balloon' is tether to the ground with a HUGE wire cable. The whole time I was just thinking 'WHAT IF THAT THING SNAPS?! ARE WE GOING TO DIE?!' but of course nothing of that sort happened. You're up in the air for approximately 8-9 minutes, the '10 minutes' includes the time going up and the time coming down. I would also bring a jacket because it gets a little breezy that high.

It's pretty nice once you get up there but don't expect to see Cinderella's castle or the big giant tree from the Animal Kingdom. It's mostly just the attractions of Pleasure Island, Downtown Disney, some hotels and lots of lots of trees.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Graciiee
Orlando, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Hot Airballoon Experience”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

this is not actually a hot air balloon but a great way to sample the experience. This balloon is tethered securelyto the ground and has many more safety features than traditional Hot Air Balloons. You still go high enough to get a great arial view of the Disney area.

Kissimmee, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amazing sights to see!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Make sure to bring a camera with a good zoom. You could get some great shots of everything Disney.

Smooth ride up and feels great once you are up 400 feet into the air.

Leeds, United Kingdom
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great views”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

this was really great and Joe and I did it twice - the morning was great but the afternoon was more interesting as the wind had picked up, recommend this so much