“Funky Monkey - not funky enough!”

Funky Monkey Wine Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Funky Monkey Wine Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,226 of 3,853 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-Drive at Pointe Orlando
Transit: Taxi and tour bus lane directly in front of the restaurant. I-Drive Trolley stop directly in front of restaurant along with Public Buses.
Reviewed May 23, 2010

My wife and I had dinner at the Funky Monkey on International drive recently (May, 2010.) I had short ribs while my wife had steak delmonico, at least as I recall that's the type of steak. All looked good but - the short ribs had little meat and lot's of fat. The steak my wife had was something I could get at your local Denny's. Really! Basically. The food was ok but no way was it worth the cost of the meal.

On top of this my wife requested a glass of pinot grigio. This is a simple and common wine. They offered something that was way below par. In fact, all they could offer as an alternative was a wine titled 'Seven Sisters' or something similar. And that is not a pinot grigio, just a very nice blend from California.

Wait staff was great! The interior was comfortable. Bottom line - if you know good food don't go here. If don't - go and enjoy the food, the staff, the wine because you won't know the differance!

There are newer reviews for Funky Monkey Wine Company

Reviewed May 7, 2010

Read my Taverna Opa review to understand why I left there to walk across the plaza to here. Our first impression was that it was a lovely place. Interesting design, eclectic menu. Within moments of being seated this avant guard room turned into another wanna be restaurant. More techno music...why you would hear that at a "classy" wine themed restaurant is perplexing. Have they ever heard of Jazz perhaps? The food, while interesting as a menu item, was a bit boring to the palatte. The service was atrocious and the prices were frankly twice as much as they should have been for the quality. If you have money to burn, don't care about the taste of your food and like to be ignored by your waiters, by all means go to the Funky Monkey.

Reviewed March 29, 2010

My colleague and I went here for a late lunch while in Orlando on business. The decor is artsy ecclectic, with tones of rich purple and marigold. On the walls are black and white fine art prints for sale, and the light fixtures look like art pieces in themselves! The wine list seemed fairly diverse, though their "by the glass" offerings are limited (Strange for a wine bar...). The food, though, is innovative and delightful. I enjoyed a marvelous dish called a "drunken scallop" that was wonderful. They do not seem to have a separate lunch menu, but their prices still seemed fair for the high-quality experience we had. The staff was a bit inattentive, but that could have been the fact that it was a slow time of day. Overall, a wonderful time-it would be really fun to have a birthday party here.

Reviewed February 12, 2010

We had a fabulous meal with lovely wine pairings at Funky Monkey. Our server was a little underwhelming when asked to describe wines or dishes, but the service was fine otherwise. The meal is moderately expensive.

Reviewed January 28, 2010

I stopped in for a late night snack on Tuesday Jan 26. The place was packed and we waited a long time for an outdoor table (no one was available to bus according to the hostess). I ordered the daily soup--roasted red pepper bisque--and mussels. The mussels were good but the soup was so salty I could not eat it. Our server was friendly, decor was nice, but overall I was not impressed with the food.