“Good food, not cheap”

Funky Monkey Wine Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Funky Monkey Wine Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,437 of 3,862 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-Drive at Pointe Orlando
Transit: Taxi and tour bus lane directly in front of the restaurant. I-Drive Trolley stop directly in front of restaurant along with Public Buses.
Reviewed February 12, 2010

We had a fabulous meal with lovely wine pairings at Funky Monkey. Our server was a little underwhelming when asked to describe wines or dishes, but the service was fine otherwise. The meal is moderately expensive.

Reviewed January 28, 2010

I stopped in for a late night snack on Tuesday Jan 26. The place was packed and we waited a long time for an outdoor table (no one was available to bus according to the hostess). I ordered the daily soup--roasted red pepper bisque--and mussels. The mussels were good but the soup was so salty I could not eat it. Our server was friendly, decor was nice, but overall I was not impressed with the food.

Reviewed January 14, 2010

My wife and I went to funky monkey last week and have not stopped talking about it and showing pictures to our friends! We did not know that they had shows there on Friday's and was quite surprised... it was a drag show! We had so much fun though! I have never been to a drag show and was afraid to be honest... my wife MADE me stay and I am glad I did. Ok, the show was great, the DJ was fun (a little loud at times) but I have to say the food was outstanding and something there for everyone who goes. We ate way too much to say the least. We shared the "daily flatbread" which was crisp and delisious. We had a couple of sushi rolls; the funky monkey roll and the sea monkey roll which were huge... I was full at this point, but we still had our entrees to go. I had the pork tenderloin and wife had the duck. We did not have room for dessert, but stayed for both shows anyway! Great time and will be back when we are in Orlando.

Reviewed January 14, 2010

I took my team of 15 for drinks and appetizers yesterday without reservations and they took great care of us! They have a great wine list and serve outstanding sushi in combination with a regular menu. We had ahi rolls, goat cheese, flat breads and more all at the same time. I've never been to a place with such a diverse menu, but still great quality; I was impressed! If I had to give a negative comment: they should carry at least a few “mainstream” beers. They beers they carry ended us being very good and it forced me to try something new (maybe that’s the point), but sometimes you just want a Stella. They have another location outside of the tourism district that’s been a local favorite for years, so it’s great to see them branch out with success!

1  Thank J-Parkinson
Reviewed January 3, 2010

When you live in Orlando you have to do a little work to find the local restaurants. While they have a second location this really isn't a "chain" and it's so good that we would go either way! They have a great location in Pointe Orlando right on I-drive. We have gone 3 times since they opened and the food has been consistently good.

Great for groups or couples as long as you don't mind a lively time on the weekends. Probably not great for kids. Only complaint is that it is a little on the pricey side.

1  Thank bnbbiz