“Nice Atmosphere and Great Wine but Food not up to the mark”

Funky Monkey Wine Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Funky Monkey Wine Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,543 of 3,920 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-Drive at Pointe Orlando
Transit: Taxi and tour bus lane directly in front of the restaurant. I-Drive Trolley stop directly in front of restaurant along with Public Buses.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I may be doing Funky Monkey a hard time as we were in a party of 60 people but the food did not seem to me to be up to the mark ..... for the cost that is ..... some people at our table wanted steak done in different manners and were told no all servings would be medium ..... my colleague who is vegetarian asked for a vege meal and got servered a plate of mashed potato with green beans and asparagus ........ I am not sure what American understand vege to be .... my pork loin was very tasty but poorly presented ..... I am sure they do better on Al Carte ..... I hope so!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have been to both locations multiple times and thought I knew what to expect. (ie: long wait for food even when restaurant empty, frequently out of many menu items, small wine list, etc) We have learned to accept those things as we enjoy the food and occasional drag show. One thing I cannot overlook though is poor customer service. I understand that the main business at the I-Drive location is tourists and convention attendees however, it is a mistake to treat your customers like you could care less if they ever come back even if you know they are not seeing as they don't live in the area. Word of mouth is powerful and you will eventually come across your locals who sustain the business in your other restaurants as well. Lets face it, Orlando has numerous dining options and I know that I am more willing to spend my money at a place when I feel appreciated as a customer.

As a party of 2, looking at an empty dining room, we were told if we didn't have a reservation the restaurant was completely booked. I found that odd as I knew there were reservations available since I had looked prior to arriving. So while getting drinks at the bar I went online and made the next available reservation which was 10 min away. When I went back to the hostess to let her know I did have a reservation with confirmation, I was again told they have no availability. I then proceeded to speak with the manager who informed me that reservations are not a guarantee for a table and that they have actually been booked for weeks with a convention. ?!?!?! When I told him he should not allow people to continue to make reservations then if he is booked, I was told that reservations are actually on a first come first serve list, meaning whoever made the reservation first gets the table unless they cancel and then it goes to the next person who made the reservation. I told him he was going to have a lot of unhappy customers coming in the rest of the night if they are told there is no availability after they show up expecting to dine because they have a reservation. He said he would deal with it as it came.

In hindsight, we should have left and dined elsewhere based on the principle but we stayed in order to use our groupon. They eventually had a "cancellation" and seated us at a table in the still empty dining room and the mgr bought us a round of drinks. Nice gesture but the damage is done. The flippant attitude towards customers is unacceptable.

I was hoping my experience was an "off" night but after looking at the reviews it seems it is more of the norm. It is sad because as far as the food goes, I do tremendously enjoy the stuffed avacado. It is a perfect mix of salty, sweet, and spicy. The fried goat cheese is also a favorite as well as the scallops.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ordered based on our server's recommendation. We couldn't really decide based on the menu description. We had the stuffed avocado and monkey balls. They were AMAZING!! Only complaint was that there was not reasonably priced wine by the glass. The cheapest was around $15.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had seen the restaurant The Funky Monkey at Pointe orlando when I was at another establishment..Their Menu was sitting on a chair outside open to the public.. They had Swordfish ($30).. I was thrilled because it is very hard to find restaurants that serve Swordfish. So a week later made a reservator 7pm (may5th). Sunday. We went in..had a seat..( my husband is in a wheelchair as a Quadraplegic. They asked whaqt I would like and excitedly said. "The Swordfish!!!..The response was.. im sorry we are out of Swordfish, then they said ITs Sunday! we dont get Swordfish delivery!.. My husband ordered the Filet Mignon..and the response once again was.. Im sorry we are out of Flite Mignon..We walked out..
A raincheck could have been offered since we are local..Oh and we were the ONLY ones in there at the time..

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went here on one of our date nights and really really enjoyed it.

We always like going down to Pointe as there's a few nice bars in the complex and late night shopping too.

The restaurant is dimly lit and very atmospheric. It was pretty quite when we went, no doubt because it was pretty late on and in quiet season.

The waiting staff were so friendly and funny. They kept us smiling all night long. They had a fair winelist and the wines we did have were delicious.

To start we had the Shrimp Risotto and the crab cake. Both were excellent. Yummmm!

For our mains we had the Pork Tenderloin and the Filet Steak. The Pork was awesome. Cooked to perfection and so juicy. The steak was also amazing. I could eat it now.
For dessert we shared a chocolate cake which was light but rich.

All in all, a great night.