“Truly Outstanding Pizza”

Ranked #626 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I were looking for our "go to" pizza place in our new hometown, (trying to replace Russo's in Kingwood, TX, which is no small task), and he found Brick & Fire online with good reviews.

This is, bar none, the best restaurant pizza we have ever had. The legendary crust is perfect and flavorful. The quality toppings are fresh and balanced.

I am not actually a pizza lover--I can generally take it or leave it and will often order something else, if its available. I could not, however, resist the duck confit "Forte" pizza. It was amazingly tasty, perfectly complementary with Gruyere, burgundy poached pears, and fresh arugula and a sweet Burgundy reduction.

My husband is a pizza lover, and he went with the Brick & Fire Classic which he utterly loved.

We did start with salads, which I highly recommend. My Caesar was large, exceedingly fresh and perfectly dressed. My husband's side Greek salad was equally generous, lovely to look at, and he raved about it.

The hostess, server, and the cooks were delightful, friendly and helpful. As others have pointed out, the space itself isn't all that impressive, but after your first bite of food, you won't notice or care.

1  Thank Divemastergirl

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The kids wanted pizza and I wanted something other than delivery. We found this restaurant on yelp put it into the map and was it worth it! It's off the beaten path and the pizza was the best I've ever had. I first tried the Van Gogh, it was loaded with mushrooms and drizzled with truffle oil. The kids had the Hawaiian. When their pizza arrived and they tasted it, they couldn't get enough. It looked like they hadn't eaten in days. The gooey cheese stretched with every bite they took. They begged me to come back before we even left the parking lot. Needless to say we did. When heading home from our vacation, my son said, "I'm sure gonna miss Brick and Fire Pizza." No one even mentioned missing Disney.

1  Thank cornybop
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Frequently dine at this establishment and have NEVER had a bad meal. The pizza is superb and salads and pasta dishes are wonderful as well. Can't go wrong here! Staff and management are friendly and servers are very attentive. While the atmosphere is "Average" (it's a converted Pizza Hut Red Roof), the quality of the food MORE than makes up for the shortcomings in ambiance.

1  Thank HonestOpiner
Reviewed January 12, 2013

It may look like an old Pizza Hut but go inside for a fine meal. My husband I discovered B&F a couple of years ago and have watched it morph into a fine restaurant. It's not fancy, it's comfy. It's also quiet - TV's are on with no volume. Music is kept very low. We found we could actually converse without shouting - something that has become a thing of the past in many Orlando restaurants. It's kid friendly and the kids behave. There is a room down a couple of steps which is where the rowdy folks are sent. Not really rowdy - it is for groups.

The food is splendid. In the Orlando area there are countless "best pizza" contests. Anthony's in Thornton Park is also exceptional but B&F may just come from behind in the next survey. Pizzas are simple (Margarita is my favorite) to complex - duck pizza. Bruschettas are works of art. Salads are varied and yummy. Check out the baby arugula with poached pear, walnuts, feta cheese and a light vinaigrette. The pasta dishes are traditional- baked ziti, spaghetti and meatballs. My favorite is penne with shrimp, spinach and sundried tomatoes in a light cream sauce. Dessert is rarely considered because there is no room, but sharing a nutella pizza makes a fine dessert.

My husband and I go regularly. I also go with groups of friends and we take all out-of-tpwn guests there. The best part is, we can walk to B&F from our home. The location is not scenic. It's on a busy street directly across from a major hospital complex. Sirens and helicopters are barely noticeable. There is plenty of parking.

2  Thank moggydot
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is a small gem of an Italian Restaurant, that realy should be enjoyed. I found the food to be such a breath of fresh air. It seems that most of the other restaurants must use the same prpared food since no matter where you go, other than the name changing the food seems similar. Not so here everything is made fresh by hand and it shows. The taste is very much like I remrmber it when I was in Italy. The taste is true Mediteranian. Even the pizza is worth the trouble to travel there. Be sure to try thier version of a "White" pizza it will blow your socks off. I do not live in Florida but I always make sure to eat there at least once whenever I am in the area.

2  Thank sparky417