“Gotta Go to KeKe's”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Millenia
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We go to KeKe's for breakfast every time we visit Orlando (at least 4 times a year). We've never been disappointed. The food is fresh and well prepared...a classic breakfast, unless you want grits (they don't have 'em)! They serve huge portions, so come hungry or share a dish.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Food was OK- scrambled eggs were over cooked despite a request to the contrary and not a soul - server or manager asked why they were left on the plate. Nice presentation but presentation alone does not justify the prices. And sorry folks this is the south - it ain't breakfast without grits.

1  Thank FoodGoddess1
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We went to Keke's for the first time on Saturday. I found this place because I was searching online for a restaurant that served stuffed french toast for breakfast and boy, I was NOT disappointed with what I found here! The banana, nut and cream cheese stuffed french toast (drizzled in caramel and dusted with powdered sugar) was to die for!!! (they have a few other varieties/flavors of the stuffed french toast as well) Loved it so much we had to come back here today (Sunday) and give Keke's another try. This time I ordered the Hawaiian Omelette (egg whites) and it was pretty spectacular, too! It is a little on the expensive side, but well worth it! It's amazing what you'll find in Orlando when you start looking outside of the theme parks...

Reviewed July 2, 2011

My husband and I went to the Waterford Lakes Location on 7/2 for breakfast, around 9:15. He ordered a waffle combo, with eggs and bacon. I ordered the apple and cinnamon stuffed french toast and a side of bacon.
When we arrived, we were seated within 2 minutes. The place was full, but still had a few booths open. By the time we left, around 10:15, the benches inside were all full of people waiting. It is recommended you arrive early for breakfast! The atmosphere feels light and airy, very open and spacious. The decor was also nicely done. Simple is better in this case!
We had to wait for an abnormally long time for a waiter. In fact, my husband had to flag someone down to go get our waiter. But when he arrived he apologized for the wait, took our order and returned quickly with the coffee/water. He had forgotten one coffee, but quickly came back with a second. The rest of the time, the wait service was fine, and 2 managers were constantly helping out and making sure all customers were OK.
As a personal preference, I do not like extra strong coffee. This place serves it, which my husband likes. But take this into account when you order.
The prices are a bit high but not so much that we wouldn't return. You do get enough to make you full, and it all tastes very good. But $3.99 for 4 slices of bacon (for example) seems a bit much. We paid a total of $34 for our meal (including tip) just the 2 of us. Just imagine what a family of 4 or more would pay. You can go across the street to TooJay's and get more food for less money.
One thing I would like to see them improve the next time I visit would be the kitchen noise. We were seated just about mid restaurant, and we could still hear quite a lot of dishes crashing around at one of the waiter stations. It seemed like someone was mad and didn't care how much noise they made.
Overall this is a nice, trendy place and we will return, although not often if their prices don't go down a bit to compare with places like TooJays. I am itching to try one of the omelets from the menu. They sounded good!

Reviewed June 4, 2011

Must try the French Toast! Great breakfast option after we had a horrible experience at IHOP. This place is clean, inexpensive and offers a great breakfast selection!