Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando
$91
$76
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$261
$191
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$149
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$493
$391
Travelocity
1,152 results
All reviewsnice hotelquiet areaclose to downtowndisney worldshower headnice stayhot tubwould stay here againfitness centershort drivenice pooldisney springsfree breakfastshuttle servicebeds were comfortablesea worldfree shuttle
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I recently booked a room with this hotel for a business trip. I am a regular user of Hilton hotels and prefer the Garden Inns for their cleanliness, attention to detail and accommodations that appease to business travelers. However, even though I booked a room here, I wouldn't be able to tell you what it was like.

Upon arrival to this hotel, at 8:00 PM, I was greeted by a maintenance worker who told me that he would try and find someone to check me in. After 5 minutes the manager (Bill or Bob?) finally arrived and checked me in. He was very unprofessional, especially for being a manager, which foreshadowed nicely what happened next. After completing check-in, I headed to my room and started opening the door when I heard a scream. The manager had given me a room with someone already in it!!!! After apologizing to the poor people in "my" room I headed back downstairs. I explained what had happened and the manager was more concerned with trying to figure out who to blame, than apologizing to me and the embarrassment I had just gone through. After looking in his computer he explained that the hotel was sold out and I couldn't get a room, even though I had a confirmation of my reservation.

The manager then explained that they were going to "upgrade" me to the Homewood Suites. His attempt at trying to sugar coat the situation did not make me happy. Homewood Suites is not an upgrade to the Hilton Garden Inn, especially for a business traveler. Maybe it is an upgrade if you are a family and need a kitchen and an extra room. There is a reason why the rate is slightly more expensive at Homewood, because a room can sleep 7 people. Having no other options, I took the room at the Homewood suites and it was less than average compared to the hundreds of hotels that I have stayed at. My stay was capped off nicely when I reached for a fresh towel that was covered in yellow stains.

My advice…if you book a room at this hotel, make sure that you will actually get it when you show up. There are millions of hotels in Florida and about 30 others within 2 miles of this place. You might want to try another one. Also, some of the resorts in the area are discounting their rates because of the lower tourism rates in the Orlando area. Spend an extra $50-100 and get a better room with more assurance that you won't be stranded when you get here.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2010

My son recently stayed at the hotel along with his school band. He left his ipod in the room safe when they departed. The next day, when he got home, he gave me the information. I called to the hotel and talked to Tony at the front desk. Tony quickly retreived the ipod, gave me a call and then we arranged to have it sent back. It took a few days longer than I had expected so I called back. Tony remembered the incident, gave me the tracking number and the ipod made it home safely and very well packaged! Tony was helpful and courteous throughout our conversations. This is excellent customer service!

• Stayed: February 2010
1  Thank 1Brusters
Reviewed March 17, 2010

The hotel is very new and beautiful. Safe quiet area, maybe not walking distance to shops, but is very close by car (one exit on I-4) to Disney parks, as well as shops, dining, etc...
My only complaint was during check in the front desk person was more involved in a personal phone call than in taking care of me. Sorry but after travelling all day, I wanted to quickly check in and get some rest.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vegasrick71
Reviewed February 27, 2010

This was the least expensive Hilton we could find that was so close to Disney. We were one exit away - roughly 10 minute from hotel to the parking lot at the Magic Kingdom. The hotel is nice and new. Our room was a typical 2 queen hotel room with free internet and a fridge with microwave. Fridge and microwave are very important for us, since we're traveling with kids.

It had a swimming pool, wedged in between adjacent hotel. While I'm sure it was a good sized pool, the big fence around it made you feel like a prisoner. Not very welcoming and not very vacation-like!

Nice, modern, clean and close. Service wasn't so great. Junior staff weren't very helpful and the breakfast was a big mess. Normally it's about $10 for breakfast. That price was included in our stay. The only problem is that at rush hour, there's a massive line to order eggs. There's one egg guy with 3 pans juggling orders for custom eggs. It took us forever to get to the front and the kids were going crazy. Everything here was self service, not worth the $10 for a very limited buffet. The staff was overworked and constantly behind in everything. The waffle batter ran out and took them 15 minutes to replace it after about 3 reminders. What to do? I had a 5 year old that was demanding waffles!!!

Not a good start to the day - we wasted a lot of time for a disappointing breakfast. I recommend not getting the breakfast, unless there's no line with the egg guy.

Other than that, it was a great hotel! Highly recommended for families going to Disney. We went in February and our nightly rate was less than $100 including breakfast. A hotel this modern for that price cannot be beat.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank BabaJee
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at this Hilton Garden Inn. My room was clean and comfortable and the hotel is close to all the parks and attractions. Parking was a hot commodity at night.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business