“Always a pleasure”

Ranked #116 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Dania Beach, Florida
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I try not to make numerous reviews of the same places since I travel often for work. I also like to try different places, but this hotel is definitely due some recognition. I have stayed here 4 times and the most recent was no exception to the stellar service I receive here each time. I was already in town and needed to extend my stay but first hotel was sold out. I was glad to return to this favorite spot.
I was checked in quickly and courteously. I think the best feature here is its location. It’s close to all attractions in the area even though it’s hidden on a side street. I took a photo facing away from the hotel to show how quiet it can be. I figured I have room photos in my other review and would take some of the area and the pool this time. There are three hotels on this cul-de-sac. The pool is shared by the neighboring Hilton property next door and it’s very nicely done with a zero inch entry and fountains.

There are several restaurants and bars nearby and the hotel has a restaurant and bar as well. I didn't dine here but I had a few drinks at the bar and the bartender was fun and friendly. His name was Mikey and he’s definitely a good representative for this hotel with his engaging personality.
The room was well decorated and clean. It offers a Keurig coffee maker, microwave, and mini-fridge. I’ll be back again; I enjoy staying here each time.

I should add that since my company “prefers” we stay at hotels that include breakfast, I skipped the $9.95 ($6.95 for kids) breakfast here. It’s the only thing I find here to be simply not worth it. I would mind a free continental with the option to add the full breakfast.

2 Thank Lenny A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Indonesian first
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Beds are hard here, some people like that though. Parking although free is limited, so if you're late coming back to the hotel be prepared to double park curbside or park a considerable distance away. The very nice breakfast they used to have at HGI is no longer free. I don't know about the quality of this one now because if I have to pay there are better options out there.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Smith61
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This location is near many major Orlando attractions but is slightly off the beaten path, so it is nice and quiet and away from the hubbub. The lobby and room were clean and the staff were courteous. However, it was by far the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept (tried to sleep) in. I travel a lot for business and so I am at hotels 4-6 nights a month, and by far this is the worst bed I have ever had at a hotel. It was like sleeping on a brick. I thought it might just be the beds at this hotel, but a few nigts later I stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn in Tampa and again had a brick like bed. Needless to say I will be avoiding Hilton Garden Inn's in the future, at least until I hear they have gotten new soft beds. I have stayed at Hampton Inn's and other Hilton properties and have had lovely stays in nice beds. So, if you love a very firm mattress this is the place for you, if not then I would avoid it and stay in another hotel nearby.

Apopka, Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2013

First time staying at this location and I loved it! My stay was for one night and the price was right for a last minute visit. I usually stay at the HGI closer to Seaworld, this location has a new visitor in me. Next time will be a weekend get away staycation. Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Quanda418
Riverside
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very clean hotel- pool area adequate-easy to get to and easy to reach the attractions. Wonderful breakfast buffet with very friendly staff. The price was reasonable for the value of the facility. Lounge chairs at pool are very uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista for two night prior to a cruise. We had stayed at the Homewood Suites next door in the past and liked it very well, but thought we might try something different. I wish I hadn't. There was construction going on at the HGI and seemed like they were trying to cover up a smell in the lobby with some heavy scents. We had no hot water during our entire stay (regardless of when we took a shower). The hotel linens and towels were pretty worn. Overall, it was a disappointing stay. I will say that we love the location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was a great hotel and VERY clean with excellent public areas and spacious rooms. The bed was so comfortable that it was hard to get up in the mornings. The staff was great and quick to make out stay enjoyable. The only "downside" was the difficult to find location and the shower head sprayed water all over the bathroom because of the poor design of the shower door and too high placement of the shower head. Otherwise, we would highly recommend this hotel. The public areas were great and there was always warm cookies, coffee and ice water available as we entered and exited the hotel. The hotel needs more parking spaces if you come in late at night because several people had to park out in the median on the street.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple