“hard beds, limited parking, no free breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando
Ranked #143 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Beds are hard here, some people like that though. Parking although free is limited, so if you're late coming back to the hotel be prepared to double park curbside or park a considerable distance away. The very nice breakfast they used to have at HGI is no longer free. I don't know about the quality of this one now because if I have to pay there are better options out there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Smith61
Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This location is near many major Orlando attractions but is slightly off the beaten path, so it is nice and quiet and away from the hubbub. The lobby and room were clean and the staff were courteous. However, it was by far the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept (tried to sleep) in. I travel a lot for business and so I am at hotels 4-6 nights a month, and by far this is the worst bed I have ever had at a hotel. It was like sleeping on a brick. I thought it might just be the beds at this hotel, but a few nigts later I stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn in Tampa and again had a brick like bed. Needless to say I will be avoiding Hilton Garden Inn's in the future, at least until I hear they have gotten new soft beds. I have stayed at Hampton Inn's and other Hilton properties and have had lovely stays in nice beds. So, if you love a very firm mattress this is the place for you, if not then I would avoid it and stay in another hotel nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2013

First time staying at this location and I loved it! My stay was for one night and the price was right for a last minute visit. I usually stay at the HGI closer to Seaworld, this location has a new visitor in me. Next time will be a weekend get away staycation. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Quanda418
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very clean hotel- pool area adequate-easy to get to and easy to reach the attractions. Wonderful breakfast buffet with very friendly staff. The price was reasonable for the value of the facility. Lounge chairs at pool are very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista for two night prior to a cruise. We had stayed at the Homewood Suites next door in the past and liked it very well, but thought we might try something different. I wish I hadn't. There was construction going on at the HGI and seemed like they were trying to cover up a smell in the lobby with some heavy scents. We had no hot water during our entire stay (regardless of when we took a shower). The hotel linens and towels were pretty worn. Overall, it was a disappointing stay. I will say that we love the location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was a great hotel and VERY clean with excellent public areas and spacious rooms. The bed was so comfortable that it was hard to get up in the mornings. The staff was great and quick to make out stay enjoyable. The only "downside" was the difficult to find location and the shower head sprayed water all over the bathroom because of the poor design of the shower door and too high placement of the shower head. Otherwise, we would highly recommend this hotel. The public areas were great and there was always warm cookies, coffee and ice water available as we entered and exited the hotel. The hotel needs more parking spaces if you come in late at night because several people had to park out in the median on the street.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hotel looks great, very good location, close to Disney, shopping, dining and interestate 4, comfortable, clean, great breakfast but lobby staff is not as great as the hotel itself, I arrived at night, my key was not working and there was nobody in the lobby to fix the problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family