“A Lot of Amenities for a Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando
Ranked #125 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel could be great but falls a little short. The amenities are plentiful, but the service was spotty. Front Desk seemed put out when I arrived, but later in the trip (another person) was friendly. I had the same experience with the rest of the staff. Now for the pluses. The amenities are better than your average HGI. They had a nice pool area and a sport court (see my pictures). The workout room was large and had more than enough machines but they were pretty tired. Some broken.

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The staff was unbelieveable, and the breakfast was great. The hotel is really nice looking, and the pool is very nice. The beds leave much to be desired as they were extremely lumpy even when I tried to adjust them. The air conditioner comes on automatically, with no adjustment, and the fan speed is full blast. Finally, there is a terrible odor in the drinking water. I would not drink or brush my teeth with it, and the shower smelled the same.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Spent 4 days here and couldn't be any happier. Beds are adjustable. Shuttle buses to Disney were prompt. Room was very clean and spacious. Employees were very friendly. Couldn't ask for better. We choose to smoke and especially at Disney this is not allowed. This was the only hotel we could find that allowed it in some rooms. Now that we have stayed, we'll definitely stay again.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Chose the hotel based on location off the main strip and the price. We ordered the breakfast package for the morning, and it was well worth the price! It was better than any breakfast you could have paid for in Orlando, and we received even more food than you'd get at a typical restaurant. We drove down on a whim after seeing a SeaWorld commerical and wanted to get away for a day. There were no issues with check in or with the room. I found it annoying, traveling on a limited budget that the hotel put a hold on my checking account for the amount of the room plus about $25 extra just in case. I'd stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel offered excellent location to both DisneyWorld and Orange county convention center. We were in Orlando for international gymnastics meet and wanted to combine meet with trip to
Disneyworld. Shuttle picked us up at hotel and we were taken to gate at Disneyworld, the shuttle
came every 15 min to either hotel or Disney pickup area. Hotel was very convenient to both areas and rooms were clean and the hotel was very well maintained. Food was acceptable but nothing that made it a memorabole place to stay. Beautiful, well maintained facility that I would
definitely recommend to anyone looking for something away from resort. Walking distance to
all the restaurants and entertainment in downtown Disney.

Room Tip: Select room that suits you needs
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We live about an hour out of Orlando and stayed here for two nights for a mini getaway. I would have given this hotel a four star rating had it not been for the situation where guests who park late at night which is pretty common since this hotel caters to theme park tourists who stay out till the parks close later at night. We arrived back to the hotel both nights late after midnight (it was a holiday week) and were not happy because there was no more parking in the front or on the sides of the building where the only door they allowed us to use to enter was located. Each night we could only find parking in the rear of the building. Despite there being doors on all sides of the building, all doors could not be unlocked with our room key. We could only enter through the main door what went to the lobby. My husband dropped me off carrying our three year old sleeping child each night at the lobby door while he drove around the rear in search of parking and then walked all the way around the building back to the front. I was nervous knowing that there are crimes aimed at tourists in Orlando.
The room was new feeling and very clean with the basic amenities expected at a better moderate ranked hotel. The bed, was a bit hard, but we were so tired that we fell asleep quickly anyway after a day at the parks.
Not sure I'd return on other multi day trips into Orlando because the reason we pay for our overnight stays is for convenience and this was not convenient due to the night parking situation.
If the parking issue wasn't a problem we would definitely come back as it was nice and close to Disney and lots of restaurants and shops.
I hope they remedy the situation and let us know here on the review boards.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel was excellent! It was everything I expected from Hilton. I would definitely stay there again. The hotel was clean and the service was excellent. I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Orlando.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn