“Beautiful hotel, terrible staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando
Ranked #129 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hotel was beautiful and clean, but the staff was completely unhelpful. We had difficulties checking in and were kept waiting in the lobby for about 20 minutes and thought we were going to have to go to another hotel until the manager stepped in and helped us. We requested a toothbrush from the front desk and were told that they didn't have any at the desk, but they would send someone up to the room and no one ever came. We left some clothing at the hotel after check out and called to try to get it back and were kept on hold for over 10 minutes. I hung up and called back and the staffer didn't apologize and said she hadn't gotten back to me because housekeeping hadn't gotten back to her... So you were just going to leave me on hold indefinitely? I called another 3 times throughout the day before I finally got someone who found my clothes and said they could ship them to me for $20. I wouldn't stay here again until the staff improves their customer service. There are plenty of other hotels in the area to choose from.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I were very disappointed with our stay for several reasons. I am a Hilton Diamond with over one million points and have stayed in hundreds of Hilton brand hotels throughout the US and a few overseas. The bathroom floor still had many black scuff marks that my wife removed a few easily. Her comment was that the housekeeper did not clean very well and also did not place washcloths in the room. The supervisor/inspector did a poor job of inspecting the room prior to assigning to us. We ordered omelets, potatoes and bacon to go on the morning of our departure. We were driving on I-4 when my wife looked in the takeout containers to find only omelets. Not the breakfast we ordered. Sent email to Tony Keathley, General Manager without any response. Made report to Hilton Diamond Desk of my disappointment with this hotel.

Room Tip: General Manager is totally unresponsive. There are other negative reviews. Plenty of other Hilton...
3  Thank napolian
Reviewed January 1, 2013

After a long day of traveling it is always nice to get to your hotel and be pleased by what you find. Hilton Garden Inn was just such a place. The staff was friendly throughout the stay and the room was very clean and comfortable. My only complaint, if this can really be counted as a complaint, is the lack of continental breakfast. There is a buffet breakfast which is well worth the $10 per person, but I do like to see free juice, coffee, pastries. I would absolutely stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank acsmith74
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is an average hotel with average amenities. It is close to attractions, but not that close. You will not be able to walk to anything. The breakfast was good, but not included in the price of the room. In the end, it's a fine hotel, but don't expect anything fancy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gaseoustania
Reviewed December 21, 2012

As usual another great hotel from hilton. Everything lovely and clean including bed linens and towels. The whole property is very well kept/ Breakfast was excellent, cereals, toast, cooked to order eggs, bacon, pancakes etc. everything you could want. I was a bit sceptical about booking this hotel as there were one or two negative reviews but need not have worried as it was the usual high standard. Would definately stay here again and can highly recommend.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Although we had some difficulty finding this hotel due to my GPS maps being somewhat outdated, it was a very pleasant experience. The check-in staff found the reservation quickly and had us on our way to our room without delay. Although the room overlooked the freeway, the noise insulation is excellent and we were not disturbed at all by traffic noise. The room was up to HGI's normal standards with comfy mattress and pillows. One small complaint: there was only one coffee cup supplied with the in-room coffee-making setup. I remedied this by going down to the breakfast room and picking up an additional cup and spoon. We checked in late in the evening and parking was at a real premium (ended up parking quite well away from the hotel entrance). Will definitely stay here if I return to Orlando.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high floor, away from elevator and pop machines. This request was met by HGI.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I drove down to Orlando for a quick weekend visit to Disney World. We checked in about 12:30 am to the Hilton Garden Inn and check-in was a breeze. The woman at the counter was very nice and quickly gave us our welcome package. Our room was clean and well-equipped with a king size bed, refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. The bathroom was also great and extremely clean. We did not experience any problems at all during our short stay and will definitely stay again next time we are in Orlando.