“FELL SHORT OF WHAT WE ARE USE TO FROM HILTON” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando

Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando
Ranked #110 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Punta Gorda, Florida
“FELL SHORT OF WHAT WE ARE USE TO FROM HILTON”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Book 4 nights for a family reunion at Disney World. Booked a room with 2 Queen Beds. From the looks of it this is an older property and may be difficult to find without a GPS. It is located apart from the main Hotel Row. The grounds are shared with a Homeward Suites and parking can be difficult at nights.

Our first night was a disaster. The room had two beds but they were not Queen by my standard. The front desk said they were Hilton Queen Standard. The sheets were so strongly bleached that the smell of bleach kept us up most of the night. The beds in this property also feature some sort of firmness adjustment which as far as we could tell did not work . The following morning I explained this to the front desk and they were very helpful. moving us to a King Bed room. Much better as far as bleach smell went but bed adjustment still did not work from what we could tell. The desk manager also gave us a free breakfast one morning. YES, thius place did not offer one of those free breakfast buffets. Breakfast was $9.95 but to be honest it was a full breakfast menu and you would spend that elsewhere. Hostess in resturant made up for all the shortcomings. What a delight.

Bathrooms were small and the shower heads were miserable. Need to replace them all with Shower wand type heads. Aside from the problems the staff was helpful and after all after a day at Disney all you want is a good night sleep.

Room Tip: The beds can be a real problem. Go for King beds if you can.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skibeech
TKeathley, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the your bathroom shower and the adjustable beds. I sincerely apologize for this. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet you expectations. We have also addressed our housekeeping team in regards to the amount of bleach that we are putting on our sheets. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Indonesian first
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

The only saving grace to this experience was that we were here for one (1) night! Had we been in Orlando longer, we would've checked out and gone elsewhere. The Hilton Garden Inn in Lake Buena Vista is located on Marabella Palm Court near Palm Parkway and SR 535 conveniently located to restaurants, shopping, and Downtown Disney. My review is based on the one night my wife and I stayed there.

Normally, in my past experiences, I never had a problem with the hotel staff in any Hilton property and if there was a problem, the employee did everything they could to rectify the situation and make it better. But, this time it was extremely different.

My wife and I arrive on propery at around noon on Saturday. We were fortunate enough to get a room early, but the girl working the front desk that day was either having a bad day or she just didn't want to make an effort to find a room for us to check in. After standing at the front desk for approximately ten minutes, she got us a room and sent us on our way.

As my wife and I were heading up to our room on the second floor, we noticed how warm and humid the halls were. Maybe they were having issues with the air conditioning in the building? But, you shouldn't have to sweat if your room is only 30 feet from the elevator. We get to our room and the room is ice cold!! I loved it!! It was refreshing! I'm not sure if the rest of the HVAC department at the hotel got the memo that if you have a hotel in Florida and its open in the middle of summer, your hallways need to be cool and comfortable, too. It's part of the guest experience and this guest (me) was not impressed.

As we were settling in, we saw the bed had a sleep number dial (there's a card in the room that describes this) and this was a chore to find because the cover that was hiding the dial was the same color as the mattress (something about white on white doesn't show well). So, as we were fiddling around with the dial, our bed wasn't getting any softer....it was just HARD. There was just no give in the mattress.

We had a flat panel TV in our room. When we turned it on, we got blasted out of the room. The remote control was a tad picky and it seemed like for every other click of the volume down button on the remote, the volume went down only slightly on the TV. Eventually, we set the volume at a normal audible level until we turned the TV off and braced ourselves for when the TV was turned back on.

We turned the TV off and headed out to Epcot where we spent the rest of the day. When we got back to the hotel to take a shower, we noticed how small the shower was. We're not short or skinny people, but when I'm soaping up my legs in the shower and my head is an inch away from the wall, the showers need a re-model, and the towel shelf in the shower needs to be relocated elsewhere in the bathroom. My thought was to take the picture down that's hanging above the toilet and put the rack there. There's nothing like accidentally soaking down your clean towels while in the shower. I've done it in the past at other hotels and it's enough to really ruin your night. But, in this case, I had the bed take care of ruining my night.

Based on this review, would we stay here again? Maybe. Who knows? I've re-reviewed hotels after staying at them for a second or third time and sometimes the review is worlds better (or worse) depending on the experience and what's happening at the hotel at the time. So, if you're into staff who are not interested in doing their jobs, sauna-like hotels, TVs that will rock your world, showers that were built for small people, and sleeping on concrete-like surfaces? This place is for you!

Room Tip: I overheard smoking rooms are available. Find out where those rooms are and if you're a non-smo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wearytraveler1974
TKeathley, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the problems you experienced with the staff, bed, shower and television. The issue we had with the hallway air conditioning has been corrected. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great staff,from front desk to bar. Very helpful,clean hotel. Rugs are showing age. Would stay again.8/15-8/18. Close to Disney and plenty of places to eat.Stayed prior to Carnival cruise.Waiter and waitress for dinner and breakfast,were on the money.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank TLC1316
Thank you for you comments. I will make sure the Restaurant Staff gets to see your review, and we are working on the carpets!
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

When we arrived we had two rooms on the 3rd floor. Both rooms smelled musty and we asked to be moved to cleaner rooms on the 6th floor.
Sadly the elevator to the right, smelled like urine and was offensive.
We reported it the day we arrived, and nothing was done. We reported it again the next day to the front desk and had them come to the elevator to smell it for themselves, and they agreed.
The smell might be in the grout.
The hotel is not as clean as the usual Hilton Garden Inn. This might be due to the heavy traffic for Disney. It was a disappointment. Hopefully the management will do a better job to keep the hotel up to Hilton standards.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CM D
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel at least 4 or 5 times over the past two years. As with any property, there are staff changes, management changes, and things get old. Two years ago, I would have rated this hotel with 5 stars. With each visit, the stars were subtracted. The customer service is amazing, but the housekeepers started ignoring details. Considering that the hotel offers great prices in a high traffic area (Disney), I am sure it becomes a chore to keep the rooms clean. Minor touches make the difference. Dust on air conditioning vents, spots on walls, hair in the shower and "guck" in the corners of the shower are gross factors for me. I have not complained or blogged about it. I happen to read some of the reviews on here and saw some housekeeping nightmare stories. Well I am happy to report that after returning to my room today, it was spotless and the housekeeper even organized my things. I appreciate that personal touches. Note to hotel, whip off the finger prints on the light switches and clean out the corners of the showers!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank waltertainment
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is our third visit to this property. Each of our visits has been in conjunction with a trip to the Disney parks. It is located 'a bit out' ... but that suits us just fine. As a rule properties very close to Disney or Universal quickly get that 'beat up' look. My impression is that the guests are 50% business travelers and 50% tourists. It's a relatively new property ... maybe 5 years or so ... and is in great shape. Our assigned room has always been clean ... bathrooms spotless. This trip we had the hot breakfast both mornings (there is a charge for this) and were very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tampa114
Trinity Fl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was not going to post any of this , but in light of being absolutly blown off from management I felt it was nessasary.We Stayed for 5 nights. Room was dirty when we arrived . Called front desk & they said they would take care of it. Never cleaned the stuff mentioned the entire stay. Each night we returned we had to ask for towels , glasses , soap , shampoo, no coffee , etc. Every night! Didnt vacum the entire stay. Left dirty towels on floor. Made beds & left. Didnt do the simplest of housekeeping. When I returned home I sent a polite email to the manager Tony Keathley with photos of the issues. He never replied. Called several times , again leaving a polite message to please call me via his voice mail. No response. We are HH gold members & just arent use to this type of service. Being handicapped did not help either with dealing with the nightly issues. Front desk & breakfast people were very nice. no problems there. Gave weeks for manager to respond. he just never did. not sure why. spent almost $500 , not a good value for a dirty room with issues. see photos ,

Room Tip: cant say ours was dirty
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family