“I LOVE this Garden Inn!”

Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando
Ranked #113 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando
“I LOVE this Garden Inn!”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I travel to Orlando quite frequently for work and this has been my go to hotel for as long as I can remember. The staff is always polite and friendly, the rooms are clean and up to date (they have neat adjustable mattresses) and the lobby restaurant has consistently tasty and diverse dinner menu options (breakfast is always fresh and tasty as well). One of the best features of the property is location, location, location, just ask the front desk for a shortcut no traffic way to I-Drive or Dr. Phillips area and it is located between Universal Studios and Disney so if your going for fun it is excellent. Great all the way around, enjoy.

1 Thank drdon555
Irina M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear drdon555,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your thoughtful review about our hotel. Being your favorite hotel is an honor. We are happy that you enjoy your stays while on the business in Orlando, The staff will certainly appreciate your comments about their friendliness, all of us truly care about our guests so they feel home while away from home. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Irina Marsee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Indonesian first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Resort for business less than a week ago. This hotel has a lot more to offer to a business traveler or leisure guest. The staff is courteous and efficient. Although the kitchen that evening was experiencing issues they kindly offered to find me a suitable dinner from a local restaurant. The rooms are spacious and come equip with beds that you can adjust. The view from the room I was in had a panoramic view of the Walt Disney World Fireworks. Although a stone's throw away from Disney it is set in a quiet area of Lake Buena Vista away from the tourist traffic. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with Hilton Honors or someone who wants a luxury stay without the luxury price. Well done Garden Inn at Lake Buena Vista you have outdone yourself.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor as it offers a nice view of the Walt Disney World Fireworks!!
2 Thank Robert C
Irina M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Robers C.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a positive and informative review! I’m so glad you had a great stay, it is our goal with each guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon! I am sorry we fail the opportinity to impress you with the dining experience. It is not our standard and I am sure that on your next visit we will exceed your expectations.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review!

Flossmoor
Reviewed November 14, 2011

It is rare that I take the time to write a review but here it goes. I've stayed at a lot 5 star hotels and had a lot of experiences but this Hilton was actually worth writing about. In early November, I found myself in Orlando without a hotel room due to no fault of my own. I was attending a large scientific conference and there were only rooms available at 2 hotels near the Orange County convention center where the conference was held...I chose the LaQuinta. Yuk is all I had to say when I arrived at 7:00pm on a Friday. I'll save the icky details for my 0 star Laquinta review. Anyway, out of desperation I called the Hilton main line and requested a property as close to the convention center as possible. I like the Hilton brand so I thought, how bad could it be. Anything was better than that nasty LaQuinta. I was told by the rep that there was 1 room available at the Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando, so I took it. After complaining to the folks at the LaQuinta and demanding a full refund, I jumped in my rent-a-car and headed to Marbella Palm Court. They saved the day!

Upon entering, I couldn't help but notice the modern decor in the place. In addition, I was greeted by 2 pleasant and pretty young ladies who politely listened to me rant about my experience at the LaQuinta. After welcoming me to the property and offering me fresh cookies I was on my way to my room...With my fingers crossed.

To my surprise, I entered a very nice modern room with a fresh scent, microwave, fridge, ergonomically correct chairs, and adjustable mattresses...Everything you need to be comfortable. I'll continue...There was modern technology, a variety of cable news networks, great water pressure in the showers, down pillows, etc. For the very reasonable rate that I paid (just $20 more than the LaQuinta for my entire 5-night stay), I was very pleased. The hotel is situated about 1 to 1.5 miles away from International Drive so if you don't have a rent-a-car don't even bother. However, I loved the peace and serenity of the area so if you do have a rent-a-car...Go for it!

The fitness room housed about 6 exercise machines (Precor brand) and a nice selection of dumbbells. I'm an Exercise Physiologist so this part of the hotel experience is very important to me as I exercise regularly.

The food at the restaurant was terrific and reasonably priced. Breakfast was great with a great variety of food (I loved the vegetable egg white omelet for breakfast and the grilled chicken sandwich for dinner). All the restaurant staff was pleasant and very accommodating especially the dinner crew. A couple of mistakes were made with my order on separate occasions, but the staff corrected the situation with a smile. Did I mentioned the fresh coffee that's available all day?

All and all, wonderful experience and I highly recommend this place. I hated to leave.

2 Thank NinaCherie07
Dear NinaCherie07,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this great review! I'll be sure to share your great comments with all the team members. I’m sure they’ll be excited to hear the feedback. They work very hard to make sure to create a great positive experience for all of our guests and feedback such as yours is what makes our job rewarding. We hope you’ll come back again when your travels bring you to the Orlando area!

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This is exactly what you would expect right at the Disney Park area, easy access, modern, clean, fully diversified (vacation, business, both) hotel. All of the amenities, professional and polite staff. Super clean rooms and common areas, conference center top notch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. why not enjoy the scenery?
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Miami, FL
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We've made HGI our hotel of choice when we travel to Orlando. It's clean, nicely decorated and has great amenities for the kids. The breakfast has a wide variety of choices with waffles, french toast, and omelets. It is definitely worth it to do the breakfast add on at checkin. The hotel has a nice pool, basketball courts, and even an arcade for the kids. I have to mention the great customer service in one Bartender there, Damaris. She was always attentive and so friendly. She really was a pleasure. As far as location, The hotel is conveniently located to shopping and the Parks. I definitely recommend HGI! We will be staying again soon!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
VA
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I travel to Orlando every week but for some stupid reason I was staying at the Hilton Grand Vacation at Sea World. My frustrations with that hotel became unbearable so I started staying here instead and what a difference.

The hotel is very new and the rooms are in better shape than your average Hilton Garden Inn. I read some reviews complaining about some strong smells in some rooms but after 2 seperate stays I have not encountered that.

The rooms are quiet and like all HGIs equipped with a microwave and small fridge, internet is decent and a decent amount of accesible power outlets.

Since I have Diamond status I get breakfast for free which is decent. You can get eggs to order, juices, bread, pastries, fruit, sausage, bacon..... The first week, the cook was a cheerful black guy but the second week it was a sort of grumpy latin dude.

For other food choices the nearest restaurants are about a mile away.

The pool and gym are pretty small.

I'll definitely keep on using this place as a business traveler but if I was here on vacation with young children and lots of free time in the hotel I'd probably choose another hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jafo19D
ahamm123
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We have stayed in this hotel twice so far. One time just my husband and I in a standard room and another night with our 6 month old daughter in a 1 bedroom suite. The hotel is very quiet and nicely appointed. It is minutes from the DIsney entrance and there is a small plaza right down the road with various restaurants.

The rooms are very nice and quiet. Breakfast is wonderful, the pool is small but just enough for our small family. We will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family